plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

why on earth would you take edgar over mendes if it's the only play you'd make? it's a small cage, and mendes is the better wrestler here.

aslong as mendes matches edgars numbers this fight is essentially a pick'em, and edgar's volume per minutes have been going down steadily for every fight he's had since he dropped down to fw.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    why on earth would you take edgar over mendes if it's the only play you'd make? it's a small cage, and mendes is the better wrestler here.
    Not sure how you could ever say Frankie was an inferior wrestler to anyone. At worst it would be a wash. Mendes is bigger sure, but Edgar is more technical and certainly the better technical boxer. Gonna be a great fight. No way I bet this

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

take every dog

may of these fights are rigged

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Not sure how you could ever say Frankie was an inferior wrestler to anyone. At worst it would be a wash. Mendes is bigger sure, but Edgar is more technical and certainly the better technical boxer. Gonna be a great fight. No way I bet this
    because mendes has the accolades to back it up? there's no way i see edgar taking mendes down, mendes is probably the only one that can rival aldo when it comes to takedown defense in mma. and while edgar is the better technical boxer, in a smaller cage it's going to be alot harder for him to find space to move, and mendes hits very hard.

i don't doubt that edgar is the better at pure bjj of the two, but as a wrestler mendes is better.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Whenever the person you are betting on is not MLB, NFL, or NBA rich, it is a possibility....however they know the only path to that big $$ is to keep on winning.....only fighters that are old or want to retire would throw a fight....
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    take every dog

may of these fights are rigged

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

because mendes has the accolades to back it up? there's no way i see edgar taking mendes down, mendes is probably the only one that can rival aldo when it comes to takedown defense in mma. and while edgar is the better technical boxer, in a smaller cage it's going to be alot harder for him to find space to move, and mendes hits very hard.

i don't doubt that edgar is the better at pure bjj of the two, but as a wrestler mendes is better.

Don't forget that Frankie's cardio is so far above anyone that its hard to imagine. If this goes to a decision, I think its very reasonable to assume Edgar wins and Frankie is a nightmare to finish soooo

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Frankie wins by 49-46 or 48-47 decision.

Bank it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

saturday's card looks awesome. can't wait.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

lots of action GL!!

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Weigh-ins for the first of 3 days kicks off today!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bigday get back into shape

It looks like your 40 pounds overweight Chief

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Good to see plekz back after the Cain massacre.

We butted heads on that one, but you're one of the only ones adding any useful discussion these days, stick around

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Edgar is not getting Mendes down, and most certainly not holding him down at all.. Other way around is more likely. Question here is if Edgar can leg kick and cut angles enough to win on the feet, but I really doubt it against a Mendes who doesnt have to worry about reach differentials etc.

Could see Frankie fly all over the cage like againt Maynard in this one.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bigday get back into shape

It looks like your 40 pounds overweight Chief
    More like 50lbs pal.

I'll slim er down soon.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Not a fan of The Romero, Barboza, VanZant plays. Aldo was like +160 now +100 even after a rumored injury and lack of hard training in camp.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    More like 50lbs pal.

I'll slim er down soon.
    Elk, u know u can do it. If u want to set up a Pound Pledge for Angelman, let me know, pal.

plekz

best bet on the girl fight is the u4.5 or u3.5 depending on what risk you are willing to take, both of them fight with emotion, both of them are overly aggressive bordering on the brink of stupidity and both of them have apparent defensive flaws.

gun to my head if i had to pick, i'd pick rose (because of dog value)

it'll either be rose early, or pvz a bit later on.

---------

i agree, i remember the guida fight where he got insanely deep in on a double on mendes in open space, we are talking under both hips, hands clasped together, and mendes litteraly just shook him off and sidestepped like it was nothing. i also like that mendes has been doing this camp with a strike counter, so they are very aware of the fact that they need to match volumes with frankie in order to not have him run away with a decision. that and the fact it's a smaller cage makes me like mendes here as the dog, now frankie may only be 34 but those maynard fights alone is enough to age him quite a bit farther in fighter years.

one if not both of those fights could have easily been called in the first round, because frankie was completly out of it.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Elk, u know u can do it. If u want to set up a Pound Pledge for Angelman, let me know, pal.
    Not a bad idea.

International CureAngelman day is 2/15. Might start it around then.

I maintain my muscle well and my body holds the weight well. But that's the problem. In the longer run, it's just not healthy. For a 6'1" guy I should be about 185 to 195. But I'm tipping the scales around 235 right now. I'll try to remember this.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Not a fan of The Romero, Barboza, VanZant plays. Aldo was like +160 now +100 even after a rumored injury and lack of hard training in camp.
    Imo this will be a huge test for Jacare. Tell me one fight that his opponent wasn't a can.
    Yes, guy has crazy talent. I just think he'll be overwelmed on the feet and take some serious damage.

On the flip side. Romero's wins against Machida and Kennedy are legit.
    Last edited by BIGDAY; 12-10-15 at 06:35 AM.

plekz

okami was far removed from being a 'can' when jacare fought him, and mousasi will never be a can.

you wanna downrate mousasi and okami, but bring up kennedy and a 38 year old machida? (who since dropping to mw have managed to win a decision against mousasi and headkick what was left of mark munoz career) not to mention that romero's ass should have been dq'd in that kennedy fight, since he was done on the stool and said repeatedly he wanted no more of it, but because of his shady ass corner and them stalling like crazy they managed to get him back to his feet again.

nigel plz.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Machida's standup is still some of the best in the division imo.

Okani...
    Please, That matchup was horrible for him.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

don't question BIGDAY's MMA selections

take us to the promised land

Mannyfan
    Mannyfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Sage Northcutt at -900. Is this value here?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfan View Post
    Sage Northcutt at -900. Is this value here?

Probably. Lol

Mannyfan
    Mannyfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Probably. Lol
    Prob dumb question, but was told this might be a "bridge jumper" and m mor familiar ith boxing than mma

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfan View Post
    Prob dumb question, but was told this might be a "bridge jumper" and m mor familiar ith boxing than mma
    Sage should absolutely dominate.
    I've laid the juice before, just didn't here.

GL

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Sage to win by KO/TKO/DQ is -275 on Bet365 right now. You can also end up hedging +300 for him to win by decision but odds are he will beat the shit out of the Fist.
    Last edited by JC2008; 12-10-15 at 09:51 AM.

PaperTrail07

This fight will be on the feet with Edgar winning by decision...5 rounder...
    Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Edgar is not getting Mendes down, and most certainly not holding him down at all.. Other way around is more likely. Question here is if Edgar can leg kick and cut angles enough to win on the feet, but I really doubt it against a Mendes who doesnt have to worry about reach differentials etc.

Could see Frankie fly all over the cage like againt Maynard in this one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

PaperTrail07

Romero is a beast but just lacks the skill set that souza has....if romero wins, it will be in round 1...
    Imo this will be a huge test for Jacare. Tell me one fight that his opponent wasn't a can.
    Yes, guy has crazy talent. I just think he'll be overwelmed on the feet and take some serious damage.

On the flip side. Romero's wins against Machida and Kennedy are legit.

plekz

Machida's standup is still some of the best in the division imo.

Okani...
    Please, That matchup was horrible for him.
    really sharp arguments bro, machida's technical ability is still there, him being 38 years old though and getting ko'd or choked out in every fight he's had with legit competition the past few years really shows he is every one of those 38 years. i mean he even managed to lose to phil davis for christ sake.

and if jacare was a bad matchup for okami, how is jacare a good matchup or even favorable matchup for romero? derek brunson was taking romero down, you are aware of that right? if jacare gets romero down, trust me romero isn't getting back up again other then because he's tapped or passed out or because the round ended.

and on the feet both jacare and romero carries power to put the other one out.

PaperTrail07

dont bring up that phil davis machida fight u @#$@% lol...bad vibes GTFOtta here lol...
    really sharp arguments bro, machida's technical ability is still there, him being 38 years old though and getting ko'd or choked out in every fight he's had with legit competition the past few years really shows he is every one of those 38 years. i mean he even managed to lose to phil davis for christ sake.

and if jacare was a bad matchup for okami, how is jacare a good matchup or even favorable matchup for romero? derek brunson was taking romero down, you are aware of that right? if jacare gets romero down, trust me romero isn't getting back up again other then because he's tapped or passed out or because the round ended.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

PaperTrail07

Souza is the play 100%.....guy is so much more skilled than Romero....Obv Romero lands that hand it can end...we all know that is what it is ----

PaperTrail07

Holy shit---these fights are at the comso----what i would do to fly out today That is the place to be today....ahh things i'd do if i were rich....

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    dont bring up that phil davis machida fight u @#$@% lol...bad vibes GTFOtta here lol...

I was the only fukker on Davis. Easy money.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wrong guy here if you want "sharp" analysis...

Some call me BigSquare.

First 12345 ... Last