gegege
    gegege's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

We can all agree that we have a little bit of biased in us though, right?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield23 View Post
    You wish he is, but no.

Sorry m8.
    Nah dude he's really gay have you seen him with badr hari? What man no matter how good of friends private jets to another country after practice everyday to see another man? He's gay dude or at the very least bi-sexual but it's cool it's very European. I don't judge but let's be honest with ourselves here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes he is

Shows it weekly

jjgold

dominant

none ever did this in big games all the time
    Points Awarded:

afgballer56 gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

No doubt. Cr7 > Messi all day

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    dominant

none ever did this in big games all the time
    big players show up in the big games
    nd dats waht he did

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Best player of all times is Ferenc Puskas.
    This.

jjgold

It's so hard to score in the soccer games and this guy looks like he's playing against high school kids
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: owltips

quantum
    quantum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

ronaldo is good but is it the best ... maybe

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Really sad no one has even mentioned a player like Eusabio. He literally put Portuguese football on the map long before players like Luis Figo and CR7

Maximo
    Maximo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1865

Of course he is the best. Better than Messi \*\*\*\*\*\*

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Messi is the best soccer player of all time and it's not even close. Anyone who says Ronaldo has had a better career than Messi knows nothing about soccer.

You can say Pele or Maradona because of their world cups but Messi is making history and isn't stopping any time soon.

Ronaldo is definitely a top 5 player in history....Messi is just on another level than anyone.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    Really sad no one has even mentioned a player like Eusabio. He literally put Portuguese football on the map long before players like Luis Figo and CR7
    We're talking about the best player in the history of the game. Eusebio great but is more like a top 20 player of all time, he's no where in the same conversation as Messi. Come on now.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Messi is the best soccer player of all time and it's not even close. Anyone who says Ronaldo has had a better career than Messi knows nothing about soccer.

You can say Pele or Maradona because of their world cups but Messi is making history and isn't stopping any time soon.

Ronaldo is definitely a top 5 player in history....Messi is just on another level than anyone.
    Two different types of Football,I can buy best Club player of all time but not International player.Ronaldo is in the same boat,they aren't the same players in the International tournaments playing for their countries,Messi atleast got his team to a WC Final,but Ronaldo hasn't come close to that with Portugal.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    Look at the rest of the team, and compare it to Argentina...
    And look at Uruguay and how bad they are without Suarez. I don't want to hear that excuse.

jjgold

love the guy

sensational

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

i respect him for the drive and all that, but i hold someone like johann cryuff higher then i do ronaldo, simply because what cryuff did for the sport transcends the pitch.

it's alot more likely that we see a player that shatters the records set by messi and ronaldo, then we see another player that has the same importance in shaping the way modern football is played more then cryuff did.

GoodSun
    GoodSun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

What's interesting about Soccer and Hockey is that it's team oriented where the superstar player on the team is a minor factor but sometimes the superstar does make great plays.
    While in Football and Basketball the superstar player on the team does effect the outcome of the game most of the time.
    I have no idea how Baseball superstar effects the game.
    It's interesting to see how each sports superstars effects the game differently.

Jaak Varblane
    Jaak Varblane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Cristiano carried his team (along with Figo) to Euro 2004 Finals.
    It's exactly how a lot of pundits have said, Ronaldo would give much more to any club than Messi.

+ Messi has to play for another team to understand how good he really is. But no. He doesn't want to leave his comfort-zone.
    I'm sure that Messi wouldn't be even near to CR's level in the English Premier League.

Messi has the most talent I've ever seen in football.
    Cristiano Ronaldo is the hardest working/training athlete I've seen in the history of all SPORTS.

+ can't draw comparisons? Yeah, cause their scoring rate is pretty much the same, but one did it while playing as a winger

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by Jaak Varblane View Post
    Cristiano Ronaldo is the hardest working/training athlete I've seen in the history of all SPORTS.
    Cristiano got formed and molded from the jump, and given every advantage possible. So in that vein even someone like Zlatan is more impressive considering he is self made in every way, he's worked himself through every stage of evolution and made himself what he is.

He didn't get picked up @ 18 by one of the most successful football dynastys in modern time (the ferguson era) instead he started in ajax with a base contract and built himself from that and through italy to spain to france. So same can be said for Cristiano that you are trying to apply to Messi, Cristiano has also only played in super successful teams with gigantic spending budgets every season.

Jaak Varblane

Okay... And what has Zlatan achieved except league titles?
    Trust me, Ronaldo can win the Dutch league with Ajax and Serie A with Juve, Milan and Inter.

Ronaldo was picked out by Ferguson cause he is something special. Zlatan was offered a trial at Arsenal, Cristiano didn't need a trial to get a contract from United. SAF told to Jorge Mendes (CR's agent) that I will promise you, Cristiano will play at least 50% of the games.
    Zlatan wasn't offered by Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid or Barcelona's coach to play at least half of the games while being 18 years old...

+ again. One has been a CF his whole career, the other one a winger. And still the winger manages to score more goals...

plekz

Trust me, Ronaldo can win the Dutch league with Ajax and Serie A with Juve, Milan and Inter.

Ronaldo was picked out by Ferguson cause he is something special. Zlatan was offered a trial at Arsenal, Cristiano didn't need a trial to get a contract from United. SAF told to Jorge Mendes (CR's agent) that I will promise you, Cristiano will play at least 50% of the games.
    Zlatan wasn't offered by Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid or Barcelona's coach to play at least half of the games while being 18 years old...

+ again. One has been a CF his whole career, the other one a winger. And still the winger manages to score more goals...
    Cristiano since coming to RM have done what he want's on the pitch, the only place he has a set role is on paper for the purpose of it says in the rules that team must have formed lineups before each game. So trying to harp on him being a ''winger'' is moot.

Zlatan have built himself all the way, which is why it's more impressive the journey he's made, because unlike Cristiano he wasn't scouted and formed and molded under huge football dynastys.

So you pretty much made my point for me. I also find Messi's touch and feel for football alot more attractive to the eye then i do Ronaldo, Ronaldo to me is a mercenary which is why RM to me is an extremely boring team to watch since it feels like a bunch of individuals performing a task, rather then playing and enjoying themselves or working together.

Compare say MSN's team chemistry to that of BBC, BBC have mannerisms where it looks like they can barely stand being on the same field together while MSN most of the time looks like three pals having fun and being creative together with very little ego involved.

And like iv'e said pretty sure we'll see a football player that surpasses and shatters the records set by Ronaldo and Messi, throughout Football history we've only ever had ONE person that managed to influence the way football as a whole is played throughout the world and that was Johann Cryuff.

packerd_00

Cristiano carried his team (along with Figo) to Euro 2004 Finals.
    It's exactly how a lot of pundits have said, Ronaldo would give much more to any club than Messi.

+ Messi has to play for another team to understand how good he really is. But no. He doesn't want to leave his comfort-zone.
    I'm sure that Messi wouldn't be even near to CR's level in the English Premier League.

Messi has the most talent I've ever seen in football.

+ can't draw comparisons? Yeah, cause their scoring rate is pretty much the same, but one did it while playing as a winger
    And lost to Greece.

Jaak Varblane

Let's agree to disagree.

Pointless argument. But I can "guarantee" that there won't be a player who shatters Ronaldo/Messi's records in the future. No way.
    World War III or Jesus's 2nd coming happens before a better player than CR7 or Messi is born.

+ one more time. Let Messi play in another league.

++ I've N E V E R seen Ibrahimovic perform in huge games. And you obviously like the fact that he's from a "ghetto" with a poor childhood.
    I've been to that "ghetto". I even played football there. I was the only white guy. My grandmother is more of a gansgster than the guys over there.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Two different types of Football,I can buy best Club player of all time but not International player.Ronaldo is in the same boat,they aren't the same players in the International tournaments playing for their countries,Messi atleast got his team to a WC Final,but Ronaldo hasn't come close to that with Portugal.
    Messi was the player of the tournament. He had a better tournament than any player in the world cup....and when he accepted the award he was furious. Guy played an amazing world cup finals and Aguerro and Higuaine butchered so many chances he gave them.

Plus internationally, Messi has 2 world cups left so he's not even close to done. Guy is gonna retire with most fifa player of the year awards by far.

Goat Milk

Messi can't produce these numbers in the premier league? LOL.

David Silva is one of the best players in the premier league.. At least top 12ish.... Are you implying that David Silva is on Messi's level? Messi has been better than Inesta his entire career, who has been a top 2 midfielder for almost a decade. Who plays on the Spanish national team with David Silva. And is on a completely different level than Silva (or at least has been in their primes) -- and every Spanish soccer athlete will tell you this..... So what does that say about your theory??

Jaak Varblane

You're obviously from the States, yes?
    Because all of Europe is still laughing over Messi getting the best player of the tournament award.

What is Silva's story telling me?
    That now he would be a kick-ass player in La Liga, after competing in Premier.

It's pointless to argue. I am a proud Ronaldo fanboy since 3000BC. Whatever you're throwing at me, I'll throw right back at ya.
    And btw. I agree with Messi having a more natural touch/feeling to the game.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Messi was the player of the tournament. He had a better tournament than any player in the world cup....and when he accepted the award he was furious. Guy played an amazing world cup finals and Aguerro and Higuaine butchered so many chances he gave them.

Plus internationally, Messi has 2 world cups left so he's not even close to done. Guy is gonna retire with most fifa player of the year awards by far.
    He didn't have the best tournament,James Rodriguez and Tomas Mueller were the top two players without a doubt. Sorry Goat not trying to argue,just stating a fact,that award was all just a popularity contest mate.

I was furious to by the way,I had money on Rodiguez to win that award.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-14-16 at 03:51 PM.

Goat Milk

You're obviously from the States, yes?
    Because all of Europe is still laughing over Messi getting the best player of the tournament award.

What is Silva's story telling me?
    That now he would be a kick-ass player in La Liga, after competing in Premier.

It's pointless to argue. I am a proud Ronaldo fanboy since 3000BC. Whatever you're throwing at me, I'll throw right back at ya.
    And btw. I agree with Messi having a more natural touch/feeling to the game.
    Yeah I'm from the States. Who was the best player in the tournament? Muller? Messi was smothered on every play by the Germans in the final and he still made them look foolish.....I've never seen a soccer player triple teamed every time he touches the ball. That's how it was. And Messi just made play after play for those scrubs who couldn't finish.

You also didn't answer the Silva point I made. To even compare the prime of Silva's career to Inesta's is simply a joke..... And all the Spanish national team would also agree with that. So that guy saying Messi wouldn't do this in the premier league. He's wrong. It's not an argument. It's a fact.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

lol what do you expect him to do? He plays for sweden...these other guys all play for countries where soccer/football is the only thing they play growing up. There isnt a guy on sweden besides Zlatan I would take for free if I owned a team

plekz

Let's agree to disagree.

Pointless argument. But I can "guarantee" that there won't be a player who shatters Ronaldo/Messi's records in the future. No way.
    World War III or Jesus's 2nd coming happens before a better player than CR7 or Messi is born.

+ one more time. Let Messi play in another league.

++ I've N E V E R seen Ibrahimovic perform in huge games. And you obviously like the fact that he's from a "ghetto" with a poor childhood.
    I've been to that "ghetto". I even played football there. I was the only white guy. My grandmother is more of a gansgster than the guys over there.
    Zlatan is from Rosengard in Malmoe, the police don't even answer 911's there, they always send the piket. So stop lying son.

It's also pretty ignorant to claim we'd never see talents like them ever again, as history would dictate you see players that surpass past legends every couple of generations.

You're an idiot and a waste of time.

PS: WWIII is already ongoing you ignorant donkey, the war against organized terrorism is world war III.
    Last edited by plekz; 04-14-16 at 04:57 PM.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Jaak Varblane

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    lol what do you expect him to do? He plays for sweden...these other guys all play for countries where soccer/football is the only thing they play growing up. There isnt a guy on sweden besides Zlatan I would take for free if I owned a team
    Win the Champions League maybe??????

Please, don't teach grandfather how to fu*k.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Win the Champions League maybe??????

Please, don't teach grandfather how to fu*k.
    whos ghost is this?

First 1234 Last