FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    A 5 unit bomb????

You're green behind the ears kid. Call me when you don't don't grovel on for weeks about one loss

And correct me if Im wrong, rookie but didn't YOU lose on that same game?

Checkmate, bitch

Yeah because I tailed you thinking you actually knew wtf you were talking about even after I kept saying Baylor was gonna win. Fuk me right? Weren't you the same guy on MSU -3.5 this weekend as well? Too many gimmes that you're always on the wrong side of. Clemson +3.5 is a joke, as they win straight up. But do what you do.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Flipper, don't even bother arguing with Kraken.

Once he pulls out the checkmate maneuver, it's game over, motherfukker.

He hasn't gone to that move since early 2013, and the poster he used it on hasn't been heard since.

In other words, watch your back.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Oklahoma wins by 7+....Clemson has had a ton of trouble lately against poor ACC teams and will not be in death valley at night against a real team

Softest undefeated team I've seen in a while.....underdogs to the 4 seed for a reason

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

well, I guess that about wraps it up.

So, to conclude:

You come at me because I actually lost a bet, god forbid. Turns out you lost the same bet. But not only did you lose, but you tailed me. Then you come at me for losing on my MSU play. Im sure you haven't lost two plays in your life time again, you're very young, green behind the ears, you tail other players and you're a $10 bettor.

its probably better that you don't try and talk shit Flipper.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

well, I guess that about wraps it up.

So, to conclude:

You come at me because I actually lost a bet, god forbid. Turns out you lost the same bet. But not only did you lose, but you tailed me. Then you come at me for losing on my MSU play. Im sure you haven't lost two plays in your life time again, you're very young, green behind the ears, you tail other players and you're a $10 bettor.

its probably better that you don't try and talk shit Flipper.
    i bet a lot more than 10$ but even if I didn't what's that have to do with you being on the wrong side of this game like you always are? Take a fuking lap and study up. Get a fukin clue, night.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Flipper, don't even bother arguing with Kraken.

Once he pulls out the checkmate maneuver, it's game over, motherfukker.

He hasn't gone to that move since early 2013, and the poster he used it on hasn't been heard since.

In other words, watch your back.
    i cant believe you remember that.

That was in the midst of the the NBA playoffs, and Lakerboy challenged me to a capping contest. The only team I bet on or against was the OKC Thunder, and I ended up over 30 units up

And Flipper is on my ass about 6 units

Kids these days

Dont even realize Giant that I walked uphill both ways

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

i cant believe you remember that.

That was in the midst of the the NBA playoffs, and Lakerboy challenged me to a capping contest. The only team I bet on or against was the OKC Thunder, and I ended up over 30 units up

And Flipper is on my ass about 6 units

Kids these days

Dont even realize Giant that I walked uphill both ways
    Flipper is a good kid. Don't go too hard on him. I would hate to see you unleash the punishment that Lakerboy was subjected to.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Oklahoma wins by 7+....Clemson has had a ton of trouble lately against poor ACC teams and will not be in death valley at night against a real team

Softest undefeated team I've seen in a while.....underdogs to the 4 seed for a reason
    Back on topic, I agree.

A lot of guys playing the "Big Game Bob" angle, but he's won a NC, nine big 12 championships, two BCS wins in the last 5 years, etc...

Baker Mayfield separates this OU team from previous years, add in those two RB's, and that gives them the edge in this game.

Their D has given up points but every D in the Big 12 gives up points, their high power offenses are going to score
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Flipper is a good kid. Don't go too hard on him. I would hate to see you unleash the punishment that Lakerboy was subjected to.
    He's been nipping at my heels for a while over those two losses, just letting him know I hear him. We're back on topic now

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Sorry krak, I've been way too fired up on forumville lately, winning been going to my head. We can agree to disagree on this one. Good luck

The Kraken

Flip we're good. All fams have quarrels, it probably won't be our last. You're good peeps

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Like a few years ago against Saban???

Oh ya, that was a let down game for Alabama
    Don't be an idiot. That was a letdown game when Oklahoma beat Alabama, just like last year's bowl was a letdown game when Clemson smoked Oklahoma.

The Kraken

Because teams don't care about BCS wins

M.W.

Well, that was . . . stupid.

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Its bed time kids.

M.W.

One year OU covers its bowl game by 30.5 against Bama and the next year OU loses its bowl game by 40.5 points ATS against Clemson, and you think motivation has nothing to do with it. Okay, it's your money.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    So much public love for OU, I love it. Everyone and their mama thinks OU wins the championship this year. To the contrary, OU runs into a buzz saw
    I guarantee bama is the odds on fave to win it all

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    One year OU covers its bowl game by 30.5 against Bama and the next year OU loses its bowl game by 40.5 points ATS against Clemson, and you think motivation has nothing to do with it. Okay, it's your money.
    Here's a list of the starting Sr's OU lost from 2013 to 2014
    RB Roy Finch
    RB Brennan Clay
    C Gabe Ikard
    WR Jalen Saunders
    WR Jaz Reynolds
    TE Brannon Green
    RG Bronson Irwin

On Defense, they lost 4/11 starters to the NFL draft

They lost 7/11 starters on offense, 4/11 starters on Defense, and you think motivation was the main factor to them getting clubbed by Clemson last year They lost half of their starters

Answer me this, if it was purely motivation, why did OU go 10-3 in 2013, and 8-5 in 2014? Were they unmotivated for the entire season? Or was it that they just weren't as good in 2014?

Thats what I thought
    Last edited by The Kraken; 12-07-15 at 01:47 AM.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

Answer me this, if it was purely motivation, why did OU go 10-3 in 2013, and 8-5 in 2014? Were they unmotivated for the entire season? Or was it that they just weren't as good in 2014?

Thats what I thought
    thats a weird stat to put out since a one game difference prebowl between regular seasons isnt much and can easily be variance/home advantage. they played tcu at home one year and away the next year. but they went 11-2 anyways in 2013. yes oklahoma can beat bama by 14 if they get 5 turnovers. yes they can lose to clemson by 34 when they give up 5 turnovers. to draw any conclusion from games that you have such a large turnover differential is idiotic. ill go out on a limb and say that if anyone is +5 in turnovers this year they will cover the spread.

The Kraken

I agree with your post and would only add that it doesn't negate what I've said, Of course Oklahoma had a +5 TO adv against Alabama and a -5 against Clemson, they were actually good in 203, and barely average in 2014 due to the fact that they lost half of their starters from 2013 to 2014. They were 11-2, my fat fingers dont type well on a phoneu

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

What does any other season have to do with this season? What Oklahoma or Clemson did a year or two years ago doesn't mean anything. Fact is Clemson has the best qb in this matchup, and it isn't close. The argument that Clemson will lose because they barely beat UNC is also dumb, at least they won all the games they were supposed to win, not drop a game to a team that was a double digit dog. Plus, if you want to go that route how about OU barely beating Baylor with their 3rd string qb, and TCU was a 2 point conversation from beating OU with 90% of their offense not even playing a snap. I waited all season for Clemson to wet the bed like they always do, FSU usually puts them away when they play and I thought for sure they would get upset down the stretch but they didnt. This should be a good game but if I was to give a team an edge I would give it to Clemson. Watson will be the best player on that field when they meet. I think he makes the plays that win it.

fried cheese
    Update your status

neither of those teams were that much better where 5 turnovers is anything but extremely lucky. the thing ou has going for them is that knight is not starting at qb anymore. but looking at the stats in the texas game they just got outplayed they werent unlucky. clemson had a much tougher schedule against starting qbs. oklahoma doesnt really have any good wins if you take out games with backup qbs. tcu woulda owned em if it was backup vs backup the whole game and their team is crap without their qb and wr (6 points better than kansas at home with equal turnovers). im taking clemson ml. but maybe the big 12 is tough we shall see.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    neither of those teams were that much better where 5 turnovers is anything but extremely lucky. the thing ou has going for them is that knight is not starting at qb anymore. but looking at the stats in the texas game they just got outplayed they werent unlucky. clemson had a much tougher schedule against starting qbs. oklahoma doesnt really have any good wins if you take out games with backup qbs. tcu woulda owned em if it was backup vs backup the whole game and their team is crap without their qb and wr (6 points better than kansas at home with equal turnovers). im taking clemson ml. but maybe the big 12 is tough we shall see.
    2013 Sooners were 11-2
    2014 Sooners were 8-5, and lost 11 starters

yet, there wasn't much difference?

I can agree that the TO's were a result of variance, and the outcomes were influenced by those TO's, but they're also a result of one team being significantly better than the other. This years team more closely resembles the 2013 team, with a huge upgrade at QB

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    What does any other season have to do with this season? What Oklahoma or Clemson did a year or two years ago doesn't mean anything. Fact is Clemson has the best qb in this matchup, and it isn't close. The argument that Clemson will lose because they barely beat UNC is also dumb, at least they won all the games they were supposed to win, not drop a game to a team that was a double digit dog. Plus, if you want to go that route how about OU barely beating Baylor with their 3rd string qb, and TCU was a 2 point conversation from beating OU with 90% of their offense not even playing a snap. I waited all season for Clemson to wet the bed like they always do, FSU usually puts them away when they play and I thought for sure they would get upset down the stretch but they didnt. This should be a good game but if I was to give a team an edge I would give it to Clemson. Watson will be the best player on that field when they meet. I think he makes the plays that win it.
    You won't have to wait much longer for Clemson to wet the bed. They're about to play a team unlike any they've ever faced. They're about to play the 2015 NC's

fried cheese
    Update your status

2013 Sooners were 11-2
    2014 Sooners were 8-5, and lost 11 starters

yet, there wasn't much difference?

I can agree that the TO's were a result of variance, and the outcomes were influenced by those TO's, but they're also a result of one team being significantly better than the other. This years team more closely resembles the 2013 team, with a huge upgrade at QB
    there is a difference i was just pointing out that when u had them at 10-3 that was hardly a difference since you were talking about how the bowl scores were not over motivation so they would be disregarded in the season wins. so it would be 9-3 to 8-4 with them playing tcu at home in 2013.

i dont see how getting outgained by alabama and winning by 14 when you are +4 in turnovers shows that you are significantly better.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

Oklahoma's a real team? You obviously didn't watch them play a lot this year if you believe that. They are real bad in the secondary, and their offense won't be as effective against a team that can actually tackle (this isn't Oklahoma St. or Baylor or Kansas, or Texas Tech, or any of the other powder puff defenses they played). Watching them almost blow a 17 pt lead in the 4rth quarter to a near dead TCU team without their star quarterback and star receiver and going nowhere against a crippled TCU defense that everyone drives on was all I needed to see. And don't get me started on the Texas or Tennessee games.

Clemson has holes too, and their offense can go to sleep sometimes, but it's a pretty evenly matched game that I would have Clemson as a slight favorite of 2.5 pts. Oklahoma is easily the most overrated club going into the playoffs. Everyone thinks they're something special, they're not. They're a good team, but that's all, and certainly they have problems. And Stoops clubs haven't exactly risen to the occasion the last 3 times they played in a national title/BCS game. In fact, they were beaten pretty handily every time.

And by the way, what "poor" ACC team did Clemson have trouble with lately? Only tight game they had in the ACC was against Louisville on the road, and that was in September. Unless you call FSU a "poor" team and a 10 pt win a "ton of trouble".

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Taking the points with Clemson

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Clemson will win this. The better team and that defense is really good. Not even second guessing. I just like winning money so taking them,better all around. Those running backs wont run all over that clemson defense and quarterback better as well.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6434

Couple things to consider

OU the better team, by a significant margin

Overrated Clemson barely beat an overated NC team

Clemson beat OU by like 45 last year in a bowl game revenge factor?

I say OU wins by 4, 35-31

Then they will play Alabama who they've beaten the last 3 times they've played

Boomer Sooner, bitches
    OU better team by significant margin, Clemson overrated, but OU only wins by 4?

Clemson is about to run into a buzzsaw

This OU team reminds me of the 2001 team that won the NC, Baker Mayfield better than Josh Heupel

OU probably has the best 1-2 running back tandem in collegw football, i wouldn't be surprised if both rush for over 100 yards against Clemson
    DeShaun Watson ain't Josh Heupel. Least amount of pub for arguably the best player (this year) in recent memory.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Oklahoma's a real team? You obviously didn't watch them play a lot this year if you believe that. They are real bad in the secondary, and their offense won't be as effective against a team that can actually tackle (this isn't Oklahoma St. or Baylor or Kansas, or Texas Tech, or any of the other powder puff defenses they played). Watching them almost blow a 17 pt lead in the 4rth quarter to a near dead TCU team without their star quarterback and star receiver and going nowhere against a crippled TCU defense that everyone drives on was all I needed to see. And don't get me started on the Texas or Tennessee games.

Clemson has holes too, and their offense can go to sleep sometimes, but it's a pretty evenly matched game that I would have Clemson as a slight favorite of 2.5 pts. Oklahoma is easily the most overrated club going into the playoffs. Everyone thinks they're something special, they're not. They're a good team, but that's all, and certainly they have problems. And Stoops clubs haven't exactly risen to the occasion the last 3 times they played in a national title/BCS game. In fact, they were beaten pretty handily every time.

And by the way, what "poor" ACC team did Clemson have trouble with lately? Only tight game they had in the ACC was against Louisville on the road, and that was in September. Unless you call FSU a "poor" team and a 10 pt win a "ton of trouble".
    This guy has a major fukin clue

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    This guy has a major fukin clue
    Uhhhh....that's my deal, pal.

Lots of guys here have a clue....but I'm the one with the MAJOR fukkin clue.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Uhhhh....that's my deal, pal.

Lots of guys here have a clue....but I'm the one with the MAJOR fukkin clue.
    Okay that guy has a tremendous fukin clue

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Clemson ML for me....much better defense.

M.W.

Here's a list of the starting Sr's OU lost from 2013 to 2014
    RB Roy Finch
    RB Brennan Clay
    C Gabe Ikard
    WR Jalen Saunders
    WR Jaz Reynolds
    TE Brannon Green
    RG Bronson Irwin

On Defense, they lost 4/11 starters to the NFL draft

They lost 7/11 starters on offense, 4/11 starters on Defense, and you think motivation was the main factor to them getting clubbed by Clemson last year They lost half of their starters

Thats what I thought
    Every bit of that was factored into the line, obviously. The difference between the two results was motivation. If you can't figure that out, you shouldn't be betting football.
    Last edited by M.W.; 12-07-15 at 11:07 PM.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

im taking Clem ml

First 123 Last