USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Some VERY Questionable Activity in SBR Fantasy Football League

Men. I've played fantasy for 10-15 years now. Quick question please. Using THIS example is this allowed?

Lets call player 1 player LT. Has GB packers on his bench when they played Thursday night. On Saturday DROPS the packers D to pick up another player. How are players from both GB and Detroit (Thurs night game) NOT locked until after the weeks games are done? Using this theory if I do not use a player at a 1pm game, can I drop him after the game and pick someone up from a 4:25 or 8pm Sunday game???

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

as long as on bench, always can be dropped

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

TT maybe I'm wrong then. We always locked everyone who has already played until the weeks games are over.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

do the right thing here LT

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    as long as on bench, always can be dropped
    nvm i was wrong... looks like this is right
    Last edited by mikemca; 12-06-15 at 07:29 AM.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

You're post went from using LT as the example then you make it seem as if its "you" making the switch.
    Are you asking as yourself or for the hypothetical LT?

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Men. I've played fantasy for 10-15 years now. Quick question please. Using THIS example is this allowed?

Lets call player 1 player LT. Has GB packers on his bench when they played Thursday night. On Saturday DROPS the packers D to pick up another player. How are players from both GB and Detroit (Thurs night game) NOT locked until after the weeks games are done? Using this theory if I do not use a player at a 1pm game, can I drop him after the game and pick someone up from a 4:25 or 8pm Sunday game???

I thought the same when I read this but then I tried to drop James Jones and see if it let me pick someone up . It would so the answer is yes as long as player is on bench you can drop them after they play and pick up someone still to play.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    You're post went from using LT as the example then you make it seem as if its "you" making the switch.
    Are you asking as yourself or for the hypothetical LT?
    Jay it's not me doing it. I was shut out by another questionable LT move (picking up a D in waiver then dropping said D 1 hour later & picking up another hence putting original D back in Waiver pool). Then the schedule wasn't done correctly. I'll blame it on lack of sleep.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Nothing wrong with the move. Only players in the starting lineup are locked once games begin.

As for the defense thing, I already explained there was a flip-flop in the projections I use from one day (happened to be last day of free agent pickups) to next day (first day of free-for-all) and I acted on it. Since move was allowable by Yahoo, again nothing wrong with the move. If the flip-flip had occurred over last two days of free agency, would not even be an issue (would have just edited waiver claim). But regardless, there was nothing illegal about the move.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I get it now

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Nothing wrong with the move. Only players in the starting lineup are locked once games begin.

As for the defense thing, I already explained there was a flip-flop in the projections I use from one day (happened to be last day of free agent pickups) to next day (first day of free-for-all) and I acted on it. Since move was allowable by Yahoo, again nothing wrong with the move. If the flip-flip had occurred over last two days of free agency, would not even be an issue (would have just edited waiver claim). But regardless, there was nothing illegal about the move.
    LT it's "allowable" for me to fuk my gf sister, but I don't do it because it's morally wrong and not the right thing to do. I believe you knew what you were doing and just circumvented a rule.

Here's my issue with you. You seem like a nice guy, do alot for SBR but why not do it right. Your answer for the schedule mishap made no sense. It's too much work. Blah blah blah. You're the freaking comm for gods sake. Own up to somethings. It's fantasy football so if you need to win that bad. Congrats.

Finally Mr. Commish. Explain to me how greaser was ahead of me on today's waivers when my last waiver move was 2 days BEFORE him? (Mine 12/2. His 12/4 - two moves in fact). It's my understanding that when you make a waiver move or pickup, you then go to the back of the list.
    Last edited by USCPHILLYGUY; 12-06-15 at 10:26 AM.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Phillyguy this should've been contained within our league thread.

Phillyguy whether right or wrong no need to air our grievances to the public.

Phillyguy this is a breach of fantasy ethics.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

philly seems to always find some reason to complain

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    philly seems to always find some reason to complain
    Jake didnt realize I was complaining. Just looking for answers to what I thought were valid questions & concerns.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Finally Mr. Commish. Explain to me how greaser was ahead of me on today's waivers when my last waiver move was 2 days BEFORE him? (Mine 12/2. His 12/4 - two moves in fact). It's my understanding that when you make a waiver move or pickup, you then go to the back of the list.

Tee hee hee

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Fukk you greaser!!!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Phillyguy this should've been contained within our league thread.

Phillyguy whether right or wrong no need to air our grievances to the public.

Phillyguy this is a breach of fantasy ethics.
    Stealthy sorry. Had a rough night in AC last night. Suck out after suck out at the 1-2NL game. Now this.

Stealthy went a supper club for dinner. Very interesting.

Stealthy it's true that "once you go black you don't go back"

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

In the leagues I play in this is fine. This same thing happened this week in my league with a GB player. No big deal.

LT Profits

LT it's "allowable" for me to fuk my gf sister, but I don't do it because it's morally wrong and not the right thing to do. I believe you knew what you were doing and just circumvented a rule.

Here's my issue with you. You seem like a nice guy, do alot for SBR but why not do it right. Your answer for the schedule mishap made no sense. It's too much work. Blah blah blah. You're the freaking comm for gods sake. Own up to somethings. It's fantasy football so if you need to win that bad. Congrats.

Dude seriously, what is your issue.

I explained my move, my only concern is to give myself the best lineup possible. I didn't circumvent anything, nor do I bother to look at anybody else's team except my own. There was no malicious intent here whatsoever.

As for the schedule, as I said my understanding was that you play teams in your own division twice and three teams from the other division once and trusted Yahoo default schedule would reflect that. What was I supposed to do, go through everyone's schedule to make sure that was accurate? Just doesn't seem like big enough a deal for something so time consuming.

And waiver order is based on reverse order of standings, I know nothing about being moved back after making a claim (not at Yahoo anyway).

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

LT is a stand up guy

no foul play here

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

LT cheating on fantasy football. I thought I have seen it all. He is down 20 units on NCAAF, 30 units on NFL and now is cheating to win fantasy football. And this is the guy who gambles for a living.

That's like saying jjgold is modeling for haircut magazines for a living.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 12-06-15 at 11:26 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

What place are you in Philly?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Dude seriously, what is your issue.

I explained my move, my only concern is to give myself the best lineup possible. I didn't circumvent anything, nor do I bother to look at anybody else's team except my own. There was no malicious intent here whatsoever.

As for the schedule, as I said my understanding was that you play teams in your own division twice and three teams from the other division once and trusted Yahoo default schedule would reflect that. What was I supposed to do, go through everyone's schedule to make sure that was accurate? Just doesn't seem like big enough a deal for something so time consuming.

And waiver order is based on reverse order of standings, I know nothing about being moved back after making a claim (not at Yahoo anyway).
    LT come on. I have valid concerns and you ask what my issue is? So using your theory if I have the worse team I get 1st crack on every claim I make?

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    What place are you in Philly?
    2nd

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I thought the same when I read this but then I tried to drop James Jones and see if it let me pick someone up . It would so the answer is yes as long as player is on bench you can drop them after they play and pick up someone still to play.
    You cant do that in the leagues ive been in.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    You cant do that in the leagues ive been in.
    yeah Packerd. I guess it's just a yahoo thing. Our ESPN league you cannot as well.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

yeah Packerd. I guess it's just a yahoo thing. Our ESPN league you cannot as well.
    Your probably right,perhaps your allowed to customize on Yahoo as to whether or not players are locked after they play.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Your probably right,perhaps your allowed to customize on Yahoo as to whether or not players are locked after they play.
    Im sure you are. Just need the commish to be a bit more involved.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Philly in the wrong here, shoul not be allowed waivers for remainder of season, plus lock his bench

Then maybe he'll understand that men don't bitch about fantasy sports

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Philly in the wrong here, shoul not be allowed waivers for remainder of season, plus lock his bench

Then maybe he'll understand that men don't bitch about fantasy sports
    you make a valid point

off to the sporting club at the Bellevue to work out. $300 per month membership kraker! Best in philly

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

LT Profits

LT come on. I have valid concerns and you ask what my issue is? So using your theory if I have the worse team I get 1st crack on every claim I make?
    Because you seem to be calling me out at every opportunity and I have done absolutely nothing wrong, nor have I ever cheated in fantasy football in my life. Now you have guys like Pavy believing the BS you are spewing.

And yes, worst record has first call on all transactions.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I see no other course of action than for LT to resign as mod and forfeit remaining fantasy games

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

philly i am your teammate. you could've asked me through a private message and i could've given you the answer.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

but i do agree with philly, your waiver position shouldn't change because of your record.

lt get rid of divisions and change the waiver system to default. don't get cute pal.

1234 Last