frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

haha, bookies got killed today.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I just took some stills. Initially, I thought blatant PI. When you break it down, the WR turned into a DB and had to tackle the Lions #42 to stop him from making an INT. Packers WR initiated the contact after losing position...tried to sell it.
    Yeah all I can say is in today's NFL that is easily a PI when you see all of the other calls every week

I don't think it should be after looking at it again but I still think the DB ran into the WR and wasnt turned around at that time (he was when the ball was thrown and later after contact)

It's close and I don't have a problem either way but I'm just surprised it wasn't called

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Rodgers wasn't face masked. He wasn't a QB at the time... He was a runner. Face mask was brushed a little. Never grabbed and twisted. Ref called the play... like Rodgers was a passer and in the pocket.

Rodgers was a runner... and should of never been called.

Another NFL fuk up.
    so stop a 61 yard Hail Mary then? knock it down maybe?

defenders are clueless... Rodgers had NO ONE to lateral the ball too... and no time left... OUT OF OPTIONS

all they had to do was slowly surround him and tackle him properly around the waist... why wouldn't YOU DO THAT in TODAY'S NFL is the question you should be asking the Lions player... do not even give the ref a chance to blow a whistle on something iffy

i'm still lmao cause i didn't care who won but i was pumped to see a Hail Mary from Rodgers... it was 10x better than the shit throw I saw from Matt Ryan vs the Colts that went about 25 yards and was picked off by Coby Fleener
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

what perfect FORM by R Rodgers too... he was in the front part of the endzone and located the trajectory of the ball and timed it taking a couple mini steps backwards with his eyes fully focused on the ball and he launched himself backwards perfectly and caught that bitch at HIS highest point possible with both hands firmly snatching it...

Props

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Guys, it's impossible to get every single call right.

HD televisions and slow-motion replays have made sure of that. Referees don't have these luxuries.

Or maybe the ref was paid off by the mob, knowing Aaron Rodgers would throw a 70 yard hail mary on the next play. Who knows.

Great post, sir.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, Pats and Lions, when will it end? All paid actors.
    I just auditioned for backup slot receiver for this Sunday's Giants-Jets game.

Both Kate & Rooney Mara were there and I think I impressed them by flipping the audition and asking about both *their* slots. Rooney even said to the director: "Great improv!" Kate just kinda pointed down to her vag and sheepishly grinned.

I think I stand a great chance of being cast... WISH ME LUCK!

If not, there's always that call-back of "3rd bereaved father" I got in the Adam Lanza sequel shooting, er, FILMING early next spring.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

defenders are clueless... Rodgers had NO ONE to lateral the ball too... and no time left... OUT OF OPTIONS

all they had to do was slowly surround him and tackle him properly around the waist... why wouldn't YOU DO THAT in TODAY'S NFL is the question you should be asking the Lions player... do not even give the ref a chance to blow a whistle on something iffy

i'm still lmao cause i didn't care who won but i was pumped to see a Hail Mary from Rodgers... it was 10x better than the shit throw I saw from Matt Ryan vs the Colts that went about 25 yards and was picked off by Coby Fleener
    Blaming the face mask is just nonsense,bottom line Lions couldn't finish the job.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You guys and this paid actors sh#$

Whatever. Just WWE biased officiating. That's all it is.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

If SBR didn't have a 1995 image uploader, I could upload the sequence of stills. It was a no-call, offensive PI if anything. GB WR tackles the DB and DB still got a hand on it. Both were turned, both looking at the ball, both trying to make a play on the ball, which was under thrown.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Just watched the replay....refs missed a horrible hold on Packers Oline on the Hail Mary

Not sure how it was missed either...the Left Tackle basically arm tackled a Lion d-lineman who was closing in on Rodgers

Oh well
    Funny thing was, that was #98 who got held...same guy who got the face mask penalty. OL for the Packers was beat clean and he tried to tackle #98. That gets called every other time.

runwithit
    Update your status
    runwithit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    CBS = See B.S. / LOL...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Wait it wasn't Jim Caldwells fault?
    Actually it was

Why was Calvin Johnson (6'5, 40 inch vertical) not on the field to prevent a hail mary and a bunch of 5'10 cbs were?

Coach needs to be fired asap

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Actually it was

Why was Calvin Johnson (6'5, 40 inch vertical) not on the field to prevent a hail mary and a bunch of 5'10 cbs were?

Coach needs to be fired asap
    Pagano had 6'6 TE Coby Fleener out on defense defending Matt Ryan's Hail Mary attempt end of game vs the Colts less than 2 weeks ago... and Coby intercepted it!

you would think NFL coaches who all copy each other anytime something is remotely successful would copy that tactic... and I'm sure Calvin is faster than Coby Fleener as well

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

All sports is fixed.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

The no call on PI and the face mask were both correct; the Lions should've rushed four on the Hail Mary.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Was not pass interference. Was not a face mask. Straight from the rule book:

Article 14 of the NFL rulebook states: "No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.
    "If a player grasps an opponent's facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul."

Seeing as how none of the above occurred, no foul. To make matters worse, VP of officiating Dean Blandino pretty much admitted that officials will make a call any time they see a players head move, regardless whether they actually see an infraction. Nice job.

So no-go to reviewing a call that would have taken 5 seconds to correct and directly affects the outcome of a game, but a-ok to spend 5 minutes determining the correctness of a spot, the most imprecise act in football. Gotcha. The NFL, where common sense goes to die.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

And defending a bad/missed/guessed call with "they should have stopped it" is nonsense. Get the call right and the rest is moot.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

After this game, and the Cowboys playoff game last year, the referees have proven they are not big Lions fans.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

It doesn't matter if he is a runner or not. A face mask is a face mask you trolling clown!

You bitches are just mad that Aaron Rodgers threw a helluva 61 yard Hail Mary pass to Rodgers and they won!

As I have stated elsewhere nothing will ever beat Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson's Hail Mary against the Vikings.

I saw that game on TV and it was fukking incredible!!

That play has to be in the top 10 NFL plays of all time!

A face mask is a face mask is a face mask!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    It doesn't matter if he is a runner or not. A face mask is a face mask you trolling clown!

You bitches are just mad that Aaron Rodgers threw a helluva 61 yard Hail Mary pass to Rodgers and they won!

As I have stated elsewhere nothing will ever beat Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson's Hail Mary against the Vikings.

I saw that game on TV and it was fukking incredible!!

That play has to be in the top 10 NFL plays of all time!

A face mask is a face mask is a face mask!
    Just stop. Learn the rules before calling someone a clown.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Just stop. Learn the rules before calling someone a clown.
    Then why did the announcers agree and one was a former NFL player.

Yep a clown!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Awesome.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Detroit could have went for the jugular instead of running the ball 3 straight times to run the clock down and give the ball back.

I think a coach with balls would have went for the 1st and end that game... and not let it get to that point.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Detroit could have went for the jugular instead of running the ball 3 straight times to run the clock down and give the ball back.

I think a coach with balls would have went for the 1st and end that game... and not let it get to that point.
    im still pissed off!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You losers are nothing but a bunch of little p*ssies who have to look for an excuse to hide the fact that you are terrible gamblers. Each and every one of you who blame bad calls for your stupid wagers should have your worthless arses kicked. There is not a man among you. You are nothing more than a bunch of cry babies. You do not deserve to post. Sometime the wrong people die.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    Then why did the announcers agree and one was a former NFL player.

Yep a clown!
    Oh, the announcers agreed so it must be true. Other players disagree so I guess only the one in the booth counts. I posted the fuking rule, the VP of officials as much as admitted the officials throw a flag whether they see it or not. Comprende?

I had nothing on the game, just hate seeing the same bullshit affecting outcomes week in and week out.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You losers are nothing but a bunch of little p*ssies who have to look for an excuse to hide the fact that you are terrible gamblers. Each and every one of you who blame bad calls for your stupid wagers should have your worthless arses kicked. There is not a man among you. You are nothing more than a bunch of cry babies. You do not deserve to post. Sometime the wrong people die.
    Don't you have a 30¢ limit poker game to attend? Angry little twat.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave swordsandtequila 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Rodgers wasn't face masked. He wasn't a QB at the time... He was a runner. Face mask was brushed a little. Never grabbed and twisted. Ref called the play... like Rodgers was a passer and in the pocket.

Rodgers was a runner... and should of never been called.

Another NFL fuk up.
    WRONG.......the "runner" aspect has to do with helmet to helmet contact, not face masking. But I do agree, he had hold of the jersey, not the helmet so it was a bad call. This ref crap is really getting ridiculous- they all need to go back to school and learn the basics of refereeing.

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

oh mister air better ... are u mad ?? Lions was the Value Pick ... they lost... the got cheated ... shit happens

BUT U little AIRBETTER .... get the penetrate out of here. what s wrong with you? "Sometime the wrong people die." kidding me ?!?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

bottom line, another of the 464 microcosm moments that define the lions franchise.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    WRONG.......the "runner" aspect has to do with helmet to helmet contact, not face masking. But I do agree, he had hold of the jersey, not the helmet so it was a bad call. This ref crap is really getting ridiculous- they all need to go back to school and learn the basics of refereeing.
    You guys are misunderstanding what I meant. I know the rules.

All I'm saying... referees are quicker to protect a QB no matter where he's at on the field.

If you constantly protect a QB... you're going to give him the call every single time.

His face mask was barely touched. If Rodgers was in the pocket throwing... they would of called that 9 out of 10 times.

But since he's declared a runner... a ref needs to leave it alone. Stop protecting QB's on LAST PLAY OF THE GAME!!

He grabbed his damn shoulder pads. Ridiculous.

You can't throw the flag like that during the last play of the game. Plain and simple.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Just watched it again, #42 Lions DB was looking for the ball before contact and had the position and was making a play on the ball. Then #84 WR for the Packers runs into him and tackles the DB. It was a great no call.
    It was the exact same scenario as the PI that was called earlier in the game.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

You guys are misunderstanding what I meant. I know the rules.

All I'm saying... referees are quicker to protect a QB no matter where he's at on the field.

If you constantly protect a QB... you're going to give him the call every single time.

His face mask was barely touched. If Rodgers was in the pocket throwing... they would of called that 9 out of 10 times.

But since he's declared a runner... a ref needs to leave it alone. Stop protecting QB's on LAST PLAY OF THE GAME!!

He grabbed his damn shoulder pads. Ridiculous.

You can't throw the flag like that during the last play of the game. Plain and simple.

Look at the defenders reaction. He never even flinched when the flag came out. He knew what the call was.

First 1234 Last