KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Ebe View Post
    What did I say about how the odds are created? I havent even spoken of that. Who are you talking to?...
    Bigdaddy almost never reads (or understands) threads, he just posts. Think nothing of it.

No beef QH, but let's be realistic.

Keep tracking Ebe, you will learn a great deal.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Ignore Bigdaddy, and anybody else, who says that you can't be successful playing a large number of games. You have 2 choices. You can either bet larger amounts on few games, or lesser amounts on more games. Betting on fewer games means your variance will be larger, while betting on more games, it won't fluctuate as much. ROI is ROI. ROI (the only metric you should really concern yourself with to determine if a system is profitable) doesn't care how many games per day you bet.

If you knew that your ROI on every bet you made was 3%, what would logic tell you to do? If you confidently knew that for every $100 bet you made, you would return a profit of $3, what would you do? Should you limit your bets to satisfy the requirements of some internet strangers? Or should you bet as many plays as your system indicates?

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    The only system that works that I have noticed is fading the public.
    If it feels like a lock and everyone is all over the lock. Fade the lock.
    Is fading the lock a lock?

Good luck with the thread/system!

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Nice Start in college
    I hope you have UCLA today
    Gltu

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Don't know if your system is any good or not but you've got it in the wrong place. It needs to be in the College Basketball forum. If you win two in a row, you will get a few people tailing you. If you hit your 57-62%, you will be SweetJones55.

Get it in the right place. People are dying for picks.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Sweetjones55

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: leetreaper

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

UL Lafayette -1
    Cal Santa Barbara +1.5
    Valparaiso -9
    IPFW +8

Ebe
    28-1

Adding two college hoops

Okalhoma over 159.5
    Velmont/Valparasio under 153.5

Ebe
    28-1

Ill post one more day of the NBA plays and if it doesnt do well I will flip them tomorrow

A system that spits out losers just as good as one that spits out wins

Ebe
    28-1

Nuggets +9.5
    Nuggets under 191.5
    Magic +5
    Kings over 215

nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

My god I read a lot of nonsense in this thread. Don't really know where to start from.
    1.) 1st of all you don't bet vs the betting companies, you bet vs the market. The main ambition of the bookmakers is to make money regardless of the outcome. If the market generates a loophole that is good for you as long the public does not adjust, you should be on a winning side.
    2.) There are working, trends, systems or whatever you will call them. The number of bets does not correlate with the main EV+ you may have, profit is profit, it does not matter if you reach it with 10% yield or 0.1%.
    3.) I have generated nearly 6000 Picks in the last year and made 400 Units profit. You may work with fewer picks and do better. But for me diversification in terms of risk management is the key. So you can withstand a bad season, like last year in MLB.
    4.) So for anyone telling you, there is no system or there are no working angles: Don't believe them.

Good luck with your work. At least everyone should appreciate the effort.
    Last edited by nash13; 12-03-15 at 06:36 PM.

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

Why is this in the think tank instead of one of the toilet tanks?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
    My god I read a lot of nonsense in this thread. Don't really know where to start from.
    1.) 1st of all you don't bet vs the betting companies, you bet vs the market...
    lol...You could start by pretending you understood what you read.

Nowhere in this thread is there any mention of a "betting company" and plenty of mention of the markets and adjustments forced on the oddsmakers and bookmakers by the bettors. But thanks for clearing that up.

So what are you talking about? A different thread perhaps, except that the rest of your post seems relevant.

Ebe keep it up and keep records so when it's time to determine whether or not you have evidence to formulate and make adjustments you will be able to do so.

nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    lol...You could start by pretending you understood what you read.

Nowhere in this thread is there any mention of a "betting company" and plenty of mention of the markets and adjustments forced on the oddsmakers and bookmakers by the bettors. But thanks for clearing that up.

So what are you talking about? A different thread perhaps, except that the rest of your post seems relevant.

Ebe keep it up and keep records so when it's time to determine whether or not you have evidence to formulate and make adjustments you will be able to do so.
    I was referring to what statnerds wrote on the first page. I strongly believe that there patterns shaping up in sports betting. No I don't believe it, I can say there is proof. It is not a big edge we are talking about. You'd have to catch overseas prices.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
    I was referring to what statnerds wrote on the first page. I strongly believe that there patterns shaping up in sports betting. No I don't believe it, I can say there is proof. It is not a big edge we are talking about. You'd have to catch overseas prices.

I get exactly what you are saying. Sorry if my post seemed confrontational, I wasn't really trying to be.

CubsFan1908
    CubsFan1908's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ill post one more day of the NBA plays and if it doesnt do well I will flip them tomorrow

A system that spits out losers just as good as one that spits out wins
    So if you have 1 more bad day you're trashing your system? If I'm reading and comprehending that correctly I can already tell you that it's trash.

Ebe
    28-1

Its money on college hoops

Looks like it may just need to be flipped for NBA

you can get back to your hole now

CubsFan1908

Its money on college hoops

Looks like it may just need to be flipped for NBA

you can get back to your hole now
    You don't get it. You don't have a big enough sample size in either of those to make that claim.

Ebe
    28-1

And your baseball team hasnt won a world series since your oldest ancestor was in diapers

Not in the mood for some trolling little loser bitch to talk crap to me about my system, I gotta be honest

Lets let time run its course and the chips to fall where they may

In the meantime you settle the penetrate down

Ebe
    28-1

College Hoops 3-3 today

17-8 total

NBA 2-2 today

CubsFan1908

Lets let time run its course and the chips to fall where they may

Tell that to yourself instead of thinking one day of betting matters. Because one day means absolutely nothing.

Ebe
    28-1

College Hoops is 17-8 utilizing this system

Thats a good record dog.

Im gonna go ahead an throw my leg around my beck and snap my neck sucking my own dick if this keeps up

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

It seems that CubsFan1908 brings up an valid point. I will try to not use confrontational words so as to not have Ebe think I'm picking on him and this entire thread turns out the way many do on SBR. You say you have a system--it may or may not be any good (personally I doubt it, but who knows?). But crowing about the results of one sport after two days and claiming how "money" it is is rather ridiculous, just as dumping another sport after two days is equally ridiculous. You have to give it time before you declare success or failure. My own predicition for you picks is that if you're still doing this thread in February or so, your winning percentage will be about the same as any other guy who likes sports, knows a bit about them, and then picks games--roughly 50/50 with a net loss of money being as I haven't seem any underdogs in your picks. But prove me (and likely some others around here) wrong. I don't claim to always be right, so good luck.

Ebe
    28-1

I understand. Just optimistic, thats all. Perhaps a bit overly optimistic and excited. Point well taken.

Good luck everyone

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Ebe, good luck with the system. Bright side is you probably won't do worse than 50% over the longer term even if your system doesn't work.

Ebe
    28-1

Elon +1.5
    Iona -10
    Marshall +7.5

3 plays today

Ebe
    28-1

NBA

Brooklyn +3.5

Ebe
    28-1

College Hoops System record 19-9

NBA I am flipping it around to fade so starting over

Ajg1976
    Ajg1976's Avatar Become A Pro!

What time posting plays today?

Ebe
    28-1

Detroit +3
    Nevada +9.5
    Tulane +6
    Illinois Chicago +13
    CS Northridge +7.5
    The Citadel +8

Ebe
    28-1

NBA

Heat -1.5
    Rockets -3

Ajg1976
    Ajg1976's Avatar Become A Pro!

Citadel game already started at time of post. I wouldn't count that in record

Ebe
    28-1

I didnt know that it had barely started, but I noticed that as well. I will omit from official record.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Bullshit Ebe, you will only hurt yourself if you omit the Citadel game. Forget what anyone else thinks or posts, if it's a play it's a play it doesn't matter if it started.

Noting the game started is fine for the thread but your records will already be inaccurate for the "system" if you omit "system" plays from the official record. Don't do it, there is no need.

If either you are someone else is worried about it, then your motives are wrong. Don't post to impress anyone, just try to win and track as such.

Ebe
    28-1

True. Im not trying to claim anything, just doing research. This is in the spirit of research. Good point.

This system looks promising.

First 123 Last