LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

I think Alabama is best team but.....

This article on Bleacher Report was very interesting...
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rated-schedule

Thoughts, I think he has a good point?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oklahoma probably most powerful team

It is their to lose

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Most of these teams were ranked however and the way Bama was beating them is what says it all

buckeyesooner
    buckeyesooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2127

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Most of these teams were ranked however and the way Bama was beating them is what says it all
    Squeezing by Tennessee at home, Arkansas at home, struggling against a .500 Auburn team at home. They have not faced more than 1 or 2 good QB's all year.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyesooner View Post
    Squeezing by Tennessee at home, Arkansas at home, struggling against a .500 Auburn team at home. They have not faced more than 1 or 2 good QB's all year.
    Pretty sure they beat Arkansas 27-14 at home and the auburn game was 29-13 and that was a road game . But hey whatever you need to say to make you feel better.

Tenesse se was an underrated squad as well, finally started gelling towards end

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma is definitely the biggest threat to Alabama right now. They matchup well and would be an epic game. I don't see Clemson or Iowa/Michigan State a threat to either of those top two teams.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You may get your chance, or you may not. If the favorites prevail on Saturday, you will probably end up with Clemson at #1, followed by Alabama, Oklahoma, and Michigan State. That means that Alabama and Oklahoma play in the Cotton Bowl in the first round of the playoffs.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You may get your chance, or you may not. If the favorites prevail on Saturday, you will probably end up with Clemson at #1, followed by Alabama, Oklahoma, and Michigan State. That means that Alabama and Oklahoma play in the Cotton Bowl in the first round of the playoffs.
    You don't think they move the Big 10 Champ to #3 based on extra game played for resume' or possibly flip #1 & #2 in order to give the nation a better final?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    You don't think they move the Big 10 Champ to #3 based on extra game played for resume' or possibly flip #1 & #2 in order to give the nation a better final?
    No. I thought that last season and it did not happen. It is very hard for the committee to do something like that because they have a rather complicated system of voting and it is all secret ballot. If they dropped OU to #4 to set up a potential OU-Bama game, and OU lost to Clemson in the Orange Bowl, the Big 12 would raise hell again, this time complaining that OU had to go all the way to Miami to play the #1 team instead of going to Dallas, nice and close, to play a team with the same number of losses.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Same conversation every year, Bama loses a game then by the end of the season look unstoppable in the SEC then go to the post season and haven't won a game in years.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Same conversation every year, Bama loses a game then by the end of the season look unstoppable in the SEC then go to the post season and haven't won a game in years.
    Maybe so, but if someone was saying giving Bama +3 points against Clemson, OU, Iowa, or Michigan State, the average person knowledgeable with college football would be ridiculously enticed to take those points.

Vegas is the true rankings and Alabama is #1

zlaroc
    zlaroc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson !!!!

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Haven't won their bowl in 2 years. The 4 years prior to that they went 4-0 , won 3 National Championships while outscoring their opponents 149 to 42. Pretty sure any program in the country would take even 1/2 of that.

I'm not even a Bama guy but it's kind of unrealistic to think they should win Chip every year .

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Yea but what the hell has Oklahoma won?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Media drooling over Henry

Alabama averaging a mere 2.5 YDS a game rushing more than IOWA .....and Iowas top two running backs, both healthy now, missed several games with injuries.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Haven't won their bowl in 2 years. The 4 years prior to that they went 4-0 , won 3 National Championships while outscoring their opponents 149 to 42. Pretty sure any program in the country would take even 1/2 of that.

I'm not even a Bama guy but it's kind of unrealistic to think they should win Chip every year .
    You have to look at the games they lost the past two years though. It's not as if they were blown out or looked horrible. Against OU in the bowl game they were within a score late and Mccaron was sacked and fumbled on final drive. Against Ohio State last season they were up awhile until second half and still only lost by 7.

I would agree with you if they made a post season game and got ran out of the stadium by 20 or something but in the last several years all of their losses have been by one possession types and the crazy plays like the infamous kick six and Manziel or Cam Newton's 3 score comeback.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Iowa has led the past 27 quarters played.....and good chance they would lead and defeat Alabama from start to finish.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Iowa has led the past 27 quarters played.....and good chance they would lead and defeat Alabama from start to finish.
    actual line on that would be +600 or so. not exactly good chance but anything can happen.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    You have to look at the games they lost the past two years though. It's not as if they were blown out or looked horrible. Against OU in the bowl game they were within a score late and Mccaron was sacked and fumbled on final drive. Against Ohio State last season they were up awhile until second half and still only lost by 7.

I would agree with you if they made a post season game and got ran out of the stadium by 20 or something but in the last several years all of their losses have been by one possession types and the crazy plays like the infamous kick six and Manziel or Cam Newton's 3 score comeback.
    people love to see them lose...and love to rub it in when they do. this is mainly due to espn talking each year like it is unthinkable that any other team even has a chance against them. a crap win by them is spun into a great victory and a loss is explained away and not spoken of again. most fans know that it would be a great game between bama and any top 10-15 team. they will be just as talented as any team in the playoff this year...maybe they win it even...but they are not far above anyone who gets in. they have a great d and a strong run game...and a shaky pass game. any team in the playoff will be more talented than any team bama has faced this year.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

So sick of Bama.

Hope they lose.

Honestly though, way I see it, there is a very good chance they win the entire thing.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Bama is in the big hurt now. They just lost Kirby Smart. He is taking over the Head Coaching job at Georgia and will NOT be around for the playoffs. He will leave Sunday, the day after the CC game against that joke of a team Florida. Right now I think Oklahoma is playing the best ball of all of the probables to go to the playoffs.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Wisconsin now ranked #25 in AP poll
    LSU #21 in cfb playoff
    Tennessee #25

Multiple ranking systems have LSU & Tenn as high as top 15 currently. Guess that article doesn't mean much anymore? Not that it ever mattered..

Mississippi St was just dropped from rankings this week after a loss to their in-state rival (Ole Miss is a good team). They were absolutely embarrassed at home by Bama.

Georgia and Arkansas both in top 30 of AP poll. Not exactly a garbage schedule.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Fishhead is just about an automatic fade when it comes to college football. If he says Iowa could win it all, take Michigan State on Saturday.

TheSideBet

Bama is in the big hurt now. They just lost Kirby Smart. He is taking over the Head Coaching job at Georgia and will NOT be around for the playoffs. He will leave Sunday, the day after the CC game against that joke of a team Florida. Right now I think Oklahoma is playing the best ball of all of the probables to go to the playoffs.
    I agree Oklahoma is playing lights out right now and against better competition, on the road and wiped the floor in Stillwater. Baker Mayfield has been a dark horse of mine all season long.

I'll have to disagree on Smart rolling out the door Sunday though. He's not leaving out of spite of Saban and they have had a good relationship plus he's a focused guy so I see him not putting pen to paper on the new coaching contract until after the playoffs. I could be wrong though. It would be nice to know exactly how much back room talks have been going on this week though. I keep seeing the reports, take it with grain of salt the way media leaks things but he;s already said he won't keep Jeremy Pruitt so he could end up back in Tuscaloosa and is looking at Muschamp and W Kentucky's coach to be on his staff. Looks as if he's used his time well under Saban's wing to be prepared.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    Thoughts, I think he has a good point?
    No, he does not have a good point. Alabama's opponents were seven points better than Ohio State's, on average.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

As a huge Sooner fan, I gotta say ya'll need to temper the enthusiasm

I'm happier than Sourtwist at a mass shooting that OU got in, but to get to the spot they're in, they beat three top 15 teams in three consecutive weeks, but NOT SO FAST.....

All three teams had backup QB's in

So anything that is to be admitted in this court of law against Alabama, is absolutely applicable to OU as well.

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyesooner View Post
    If you're talking Sooners and trying to rationale a week schedule and including squeaking by Tennessee.... Let's say the same about Oklahoma too... Lol just sayin

TheSideBet

Coming out of Tuscaloosa today, Smart will continue coaching until end of playoffs. Guess that is a positive aside from all the attention it has brought. Saw where Nick Saban told media to ask a Coke bottle about it further yesterday but he is done talking on the topic. Hilarious.

CubsFan1908
    CubsFan1908's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ohio State's 2nd best win came against 7-5 Penn State.