frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Brock Ozsweiler starting against the Bears

From what Kubiak is saying, it appears that he is going to sit Manning against the Bears and play him against the Patriot on Sunday night. Kubiak is taking notes from Denver Championship years. Elway sat out 4 games in 1999 when Denver went 14-2. They need to preserve Manning for the playoffs, so the goal at this point is just to clinch the Division.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

but his arm, shoulder, legs, are shot. gone. teams know he can't throw and have adjusted accordingly. if they stumble into the playoffs they will get knocked out by a wild card team in first round if he is still standing behind the offensive line. they certainly won't be a 2 seed if they make it at all. look for kc to win that division anyway.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course they make an excuse for manning looking like shit ....fake injury or maybe real but he can play just trying to save face

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Who needs to make excuses for a forty year old quarterback with a reconstructed neck? They're riding this one till the wheels fall off, and everyone knows how close that is.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Who needs to make excuses for a forty year old quarterback with a reconstructed neck? They're riding this one till the wheels fall off, and everyone knows how close that is.
    C'mon dude pulling one of the best qbs ever after 4 picks and the season he's having that shit is embarrassing for Peyton even over the hill how better to save face then to say he has an injury ...it happens all the time in sports

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Manning might be out for year

Load up on BEars

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    C'mon dude pulling one of the best qbs ever after 4 picks and the season he's having that shit is embarrassing for Peyton even over the hill how better to save face then to say he has an injury ...it happens all the time in sports
    Huh? All I said is that they don't need to make excuses for him at his age. We all know how old he is. If he fails, we all know why. It won't be because, oh he was playing with a broken rib since week eight or whatever.

teaserpleaser

Ok thought you were saying why would they make excuses for his performance....being able to push off on that foot didn't cause those horrible throws. They can't just say they pulled the greatest ever because he's old and his body is broken down and he can't play anymore...they can't say that they need an excuse. Everybody has something at this point of the season.

teaserpleaser

He earned the right to stay to long...and he has. Sad

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

It must have been a little embarrassing for Peyton to break Favre's record, then proceed to throw 4 INTs and get benched. I think the wheels already fell off this one.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13086

Huh? All I said is that they don't need to make excuses for him at his age. We all know how old he is. If he fails, we all know why. It won't be because, oh he was playing with a broken rib since week eight or whatever.
    I personally think, and I said this yesterday, they should sit Peyton with his injuries and let him retire and save face. Why go back out there at 40 years old and wind up going out a "bum" or permanently disabled. He has nothing to prove to us, he has done it all, it's over for him. I really thought he was smarter than this. Just one guys opinion. I like Peyton, but it is over for him. I will enjoy his commentaries in the broadcast booth.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16732

Crazy, da bears can be .500 after 10 games. John fox for coach of the year. What the fox say?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Peyton, his Dad and Brother are all 'political correct' jerk-offs. Peyton has an ego larger than that of Obama.

I hope he goes out on a OLB blitz non-blindside and wished it was me laying the wood, i'd want that bitch to see my eyes as a ended his career. Peyton still upset his autistic Brother has one more SB than he does.

recon1
    Yep

And this Brock QB is too tall for QB, presents to big a target and takes longer to bring those long arms back to ear to throw ball. Tall QB's never workout for long.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    but his arm, shoulder, legs, are shot. gone. teams know he can't throw and have adjusted accordingly. if they stumble into the playoffs they will get knocked out by a wild card team in first round if he is still standing behind the offensive line. they certainly won't be a 2 seed if they make it at all. look for kc to win that division anyway.
    I disagree - he needs the rest and get his body healed up and he can play like he did the first few weeks of the season. He is trouble right now because he is beat up and sore from the pounding.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Manning is a selfish prick for even coming back in the first place.

Notorious_Donk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Manning is a selfish prick for even coming back in the first place.
    He did it all for the record books. He knows he cannot lead his team to a super bowl win because of his age. All he did was come back for the records. Nothing against Peyton, he's a great quarterback but this was a selfish move.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Most NFL QBs have a sad ending. Peyton maybe in a tragic spot, trying to live up to Elway's legacy in Denver.

I agree Peyton is toast and should step away with some dignity and intelligence. Nothing left to prove.

Sorta ironic, Peyton is eeking past some of Favre's career marks, but think about Favre's last days in the NFL:

frostno98

Manning still needs one more win to be all time in regular season wins.

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Manning might be out for year

Load up on BEars
    Yeah JJ go load up on bears lol Brock gonna earn that starting spot. Any QB with a arm could win with the Broncos... Only reason Manning has played at all this year is because he's a legend and it's disrespectful to bench a legend.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Kubiak should bench him for season so Manning can't break the Career win Record lmao.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Kubiak should bench him for season so Manning can't break the Career win Record lmao.
    Hardly worth chasing records anyway. Brady will smash them all, if he feels like it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

Bears will win

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bears will win
    Think Denver has a chance now!

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    And this Brock QB is too tall for QB, presents to big a target and takes longer to bring those long arms back to ear to throw ball. Tall QB's never workout for long.
    lol.. not much difference between the two.

P. Manning 6' 5" 230
    B. Osweiler 6' 8" 240

frostno98

The Bears is about to get a taste of the real Denver D with Talib back. And they didn't play too bad in the Chiefs game either despite Manning giving up 4 turnovers.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Think Denver has a chance now!
    Lol. Sure. I have been dominating nfl for weeks. I had kc yesterday. I will take bears.

Denver won't even make the playoffs.

JMon

Lol. Sure. I have been dominating nfl for weeks. I had kc yesterday. I will take bears.

lakerboy...settle the fukk down. We all know you are anti Broncos and Manning!

frostno98

Dude, your down like a millions dollars of air, LOL.

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The Bears is about to get a taste of the real Denver D with Talib back. And they didn't play too bad in the Chiefs game either despite Manning giving up 4 turnovers.
    I hope so... They need to teach Talib that poking out eyes goes in a pile up, not in front the cameras and ref..

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    lol.. not much difference between the two.

P. Manning 6' 5" 230
    B. Osweiler 6' 8" 240
    3" makes a lot of difference. NFL scouts want QB's in the minimum (on average) 6' to 6' 5" range for a reason.

POOLSIDE

Yeah Big Ben is really having a pathetic career

Notorious_Donk

He's 6'5" along with Manning. Scouts don't like to target many QB's taller than that

slacker00

3" makes a lot of difference. NFL scouts want QB's in the minimum (on average) 6' to 6' 5" range for a reason.
    The reason is that anyone 6'6"+ and modest athletic talent can play in the NBA and earn 10* as much.

recon1
    Yep

It's a general rule of thumb with scouts etc. Doesn't mean a guy in the tall end of graph won't ever be good/great. You must have never played past pee wee

12 Last