The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Oklahoma is Covered in Ice Today

This probably benefits OU a little bit as Okie State can't run the ball well, and they rely on the big play to score

But more than that, I'm not sure how either of these teams are going to score much

Current weather is 30 degrees and raining

Last night it rained all night and froze (some 60,000 people without power), field will be shit, even running the ball will be hard, catching the ball will be torturous, any hit will fell like bones broke

Logic says to play the under, this weather wasn't factored into the line

2 Units on the Under
    1 Unit on OU ATS

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

You go for game Kraken?

The Kraken

Can't Vegas, in Seattle now. Still own a few houses in Oklahoma so I gotta keep up with freezing weather though.

If I was in OKlahoma, I would probably go to the game. It wouldn't be the most comfortable but this should be a great atmosphere.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

GL on your bets
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Vegas39 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

under

ice is something that does affect a game

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    ...Logic says to play the under, this weather wasn't factored into the line...

Good luck on your bets Kraken but there is no evidence that this statement is true. In fact, there is evidence otherwise.

I think you are taking generalizations and trying to apply them to specific situations, a habit that you as a poster may have.

In this case, I don’t believe you know what this line “should” be and I don’t believe you understand the necessary adjustments to said line to account for field conditions at closing time.

But you still think weather wasn’t factored into the line. Why, because it rained last night and was cold? This simply isn’t the case.

Many posters may be, and have been, getting away with many forms of social analysis based on some author’s opinion or their own, with little real world corroboration, it happens around here.

But valid line analysis requires real evidence; few know what that is and making some up won’t lead to winners.

Good Luck with the bets.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Krak, what's a house in Oklahoma cost?

Are these for investment porpoises?

The Kraken

Right now Moe, housing prices have gone down a bit due to so many layoffs in the oil and gas industry. Supply is up, demand is down.

In general it's cheap to buy Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri. $/sqft is low and land is plentiful. We love owning there but not having to live there anymore. But when we did live there we didn't mind it.

As for cost, it always is multi-factorial and includes location, size, land, market, etc......Too much to throw out a generic #, but a range would probably be between &60k-$1M

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Good luck on your bets Kraken but there is no evidence that this statement is true. In fact, there is evidence otherwise.

I think you are taking generalizations and trying to apply them to specific situations, a habit that you as a poster may have.

In this case, I don’t believe you know what this line “should” be and I don’t believe you understand the necessary adjustments to said line to account for field conditions at closing time.

But you still think weather wasn’t factored into the line. Why, because it rained last night and was cold? This simply isn’t the case.

Many posters may be, and have been, getting away with many forms of social analysis based on some author’s opinion or their own, with little real world corroboration, it happens around here.

But valid line analysis requires real evidence; few know what that is and making some up won’t lead to winners.

Good Luck with the bets.

You're correct that I don't know what the line should be but I have a pretty good idea of what goes into setting lines. I no longer keep DB's nor do I cap.

I believe you could lighten up a bit and have fun. It's Saturday, it's beautiful here in Seattle and there's plenty of good games on.

Now prove you're really as smart as you think you are and go take the Under

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

You're correct that I don't know what the line should be but I have a pretty good idea of what goes into setting lines. I no longer keep DB's nor do I cap.

I believe you could lighten up a bit and have fun. It's Saturday, it's beautiful here in Seattle and there's plenty of good games on.

lol...when I write it often sounds so serious...lol

Actually, when I wrote that post I was looking at an entirely different game. It still sort of applies but you are not, in my opinion, in nearly the error I thought you were.

That said, I think the oddsmakers tried to account for weather here but a voracious poublic tied with manipulators sent the line upward. The books took action and now we see them heading write back toward the opener.

Because of some manipulation, this could be read a couple of ways so it's not so easy.

Basically, like I said, you get a bit of a pass here as I was looking at the wrong game. But just a bit...lol

So are you renting those houses? Are you using a property manager since so far away? I would hope they aren't sitting empty.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

I am on OK State. Didn't even know there was going to be bad weather

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You can get a pretty nice house here for a lot cheaper than what it would cost in other ares of the country. I remember last time I was I was in New York city the cab driver was astonished at how cheap a square foot was in Oklahoma compared to New York....

Anyway, as for the ice, I have no ice here. Just rain. I thought most of the ice was going to stay in West and Southwest Oklahoma.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    You can get a pretty nice house here for a lot cheaper than what it would cost in other ares of the country. I remember last time I was I was in New York city the cab driver was astonished at how cheap a square foot was in Oklahoma compared to New York....

Anyway, as for the ice, I have no ice here. Just rain. I thought most of the ice was going to stay in West and Southwest Oklahoma.
    California pretty high priced compared to the midwest too.

Kraken do you travel there to see the property before buying? It sounds like you used to live there, that knowledge certainly helps.

POISON
    POISON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12889

I'm an Oklahoma State fan but unfortunately live in Norman. Just watched the Okc local weather guy on CBS affiliate and they say it'll be raining for sure during the game and will likely change to freezing rain or ice as temps within 1-2 degrees right now and will get colder. As for the line having this factored in when the line opened is ridiculous. Early in the week there was only a 10-20% chance of RAIN. It's going to be nasty. I hope Osu wins, but the crummy run game won't help in this game. Hope Rudolph can pass in this mess as Oklahoma State has better recevers

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by POISON View Post
    I'm an Oklahoma State fan but unfortunately live in Norman. Just watched the Okc local weather guy on CBS affiliate and they say it'll be raining for sure during the game and will likely change to freezing rain or ice as temps within 1-2 degrees right now and will get colder. As for the line having this factored in when the line opened is ridiculous. Early in the week there was only a 10-20% chance of RAIN. It's going to be nasty. I hope Osu wins, but the crummy run game won't help in this game. Hope Rudolph can pass in this mess as Oklahoma State has better recevers
    Good post, factoring the weather isn't totally ridiculous even that far out (predicting the weather is, but putting it into the line is different).

Indeed this line has dropped to the lowest we've seen. The oddsdmakers and early line guys did what they could, but that manipulaition is another tip off.

Excellent on the ground posts regarding local conditions, hopefully this game doesn't middle the lines. At one point, money will take the Over, possibly at 65 or 65.5.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

Weather isn`t looking too bad .

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Might be good spot to fade the thunder?

jjgold

Field seems fine

We jumped the gun without consulting weather hourly

AceChampion
    AceChampion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3122

What did this total open at?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

Quote Originally Posted by AceChampion View Post
    What did this total open at?
    line was 66.5 when he posted his info.ideas

closed at 62

Well done on the info no matter how you slice it up...

gives chances at a middle good position or whatever when you have that many points versus the closer.

-----

now it appears this will be a track meet sort of game as it turns out

The Kraken

Phones at 1% so I cant respond other than

Under is smoked in the 1Q, total of 24 pts

Logic

CONNEMARA
    CONNEMARA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I'm in Alaska. 60k will by me a garage.

jjgold

shoot out

Playing conditions perfect

most of the time just the opposite

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

51 points so far

jjgold

Okl can beat Bama

They are loaded

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

This probably benefits OU a little bit as Okie State can't run the ball well, and they rely on the big play to score

But more than that, I'm not sure how either of these teams are going to score much

Last night it rained all night and froze (some 60,000 people without power), field will be shit, even running the ball will be hard, catching the ball will be torturous, any hit will fell like bones broke

2 Units on the Under
    1 Unit on OU ATS

another clueless seattle homer buried

Nagz
    Nagz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

2 Units on the Under
    1 Unit on OU ATS

I see the ice everywhere................... Looks like penetrating Alaska out there and everyone is slipping.......

In the endzone

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Rudolph barely played, as well

Some people not happy here: http://streak.espn.go.com/en/convers...atchupId=44552

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Looks like the ice stayed away.

The Kraken

I just hoped everyone in here listened to me and took Oklahoma

Nagz
    Nagz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

I just hoped everyone in here listened to me and took Oklahoma
    Everyone listened to you? Your whole post was about the under.... Please stop

The Kraken

2 Units on the Under
    1 Unit on OU ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Nagz View Post

Everyone listened to you? Your whole post was about the under.... Please stop
    I clearly stated to play OU and I hope you followed. If so, you won money with me tonight

jjgold

Okl looks like best team in Country

The Kraken

Thats what I said in OP JJ

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11861

Lol On what planet does losing two units on the under and winning one unit on oklahoma allow people tailing to make money?

12 Last