hoppa_long
    hoppa_long's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question for the pros

During NFL ,how much games per week do you bet on av.? and what is your take on betting an average of 15-20 games (spreads and totals)for the same wager? JJ?

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/16/2005

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Betpoints: 82

During NFL ,how much games per week do you bet on av.? Son I bet usually 3 games per week on an average.

and what is your take on betting an average of 15-20 games (spreads and totals)for the same wager?

I think beting that many games is way too many as the vig will get you in the long run. Now if you can get like -102 at Carib on Fridays I would say go for it otherwise I would bet no more than 3. Betting the same amount on each game is an excellent thing.

I mean I have been stupid an bet full college boards in foots when I was getting hammered during the week to try and get out butI would not advise this type of behavior. I got a way with it because I am a pro and get the moves early so I have a slight edge.

On Saturdays in foots most of the time I bet 2-5 games.

SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

$$$$$

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

hoppa_long

Son? anyway my take is ,Lets say I start a bank roll of 3,000 for NFL and wager 2% of that per game ( av 20 games per week between totals and spreads) all I have to do is win 11 games out of 20 games to break even or maybe even come out with a small profit. Now if you have the right inputs and a pro status as you say you are ...work out the long term results!!That 30k could do alot of damage

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Betpoints: 82

Do you know how hard it is to go 11-9??

How about when you go 7-13??

Then the next week you have to go 14-6 to break about even

SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

$$$$$

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

hoppa_long

Not hard if you could read the lines and a good crapper with a little inside scoop....

Clip Joint
    Clip Joint's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hoppa_long
    Not hard if you could read the lines and a good crapper with a little inside scoop....
    If you were able to do that consistently, you wouldn't only have a $3000 bankroll.

I'm not knocking you, just stating the obvious. Going 11-9 every week is much more difficult than you make it out to be. Hell, going 2-1 isn't a piece of cake either. But if you are playing 20 games a week, you will have a very hard time showing a profit over the long haul.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

bottom line is this, the more games you play the more you will end up losing over the long term period.

you have to be very selective with your wagers or, you will not profit from all your hard work into capping the games.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hoppa_long
    During NFL ,how much games per week do you bet on av.? and what is your take on betting an average of 15-20 games (spreads and totals)for the same wager? JJ?
    For me, it works out to an average of about 8 plays a week on NFL.

My take on betting 15-20 games is it's great if you've got that many working angles. I have 3 main angles that I use that generate my (roughly) 8 plays a week. And I know that I'm going to hit about 57% long term. But if I discover more angles that hit at 57% long-term - and I sincerely hope I do - I'd gladly place twice or 3 times that many bets.

But they would have to be well-researched, proven angles. If you're just placing bets for the sake of placing bets then that doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/21/2005

hoppa_long

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat
    For me, it works out to an average of about 8 plays a week on NFL.

My take on betting 15-20 games is it's great if you've got that many working angles. I have 3 main angles that I use that generate my (roughly) 8 plays a week. And I know that I'm going to hit about 57% long term. But if I discover more angles that hit at 57% long-term - and I sincerely hope I do - I'd gladly place twice or 3 times that many bets.

But they would have to be well-researched, proven angles. If you're just placing bets for the sake of placing bets then that doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
    Ahhh think you on the same level as I am Mud...And yes I work off with an Angel and my own crapping...
    Just trying to get input with how the "pros" or people that calls themselves pros do there thing

Rainbow
    Rainbow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    bottom line is this, the more games you play the more you will end up losing over the long term period.

you have to be very selective with your wagers or, you will not profit from all your hard work into capping the games.
    It all depends who's making the plays, if its BW the more games he bets the more to his advantage.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/11/2005

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

12 Points For Logging In Every Day + Random Trivia!

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    During NFL ,how much games per week do you bet on av.? Son I bet usually 3 games per week on an average.

and what is your take on betting an average of 15-20 games (spreads and totals)for the same wager?

I think beting that many games is way too many as the vig will get you in the long run. Now if you can get like -102 at Carib on Fridays I would say go for it otherwise I would bet no more than 3. Betting the same amount on each game is an excellent thing.

I mean I have been stupid an bet full college boards in foots when I was getting hammered during the week to try and get out butI would not advise this type of behavior. I got a way with it because I am a pro and get the moves early so I have a slight edge.

On Saturdays in foots most of the time I bet 2-5 games.
    Well said coach