CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Michigan +4.5 vs Connecticut

Wolverines will have to continue their hot shooting from 3 to keep this a game IMO. UConn gives up 30.9% from three so look for Michigan to fire 3's from everywhere to keep it close early. Michigan should be able to out rebound the Huskies on the boards and not too worried about how well they shoot, since they shot 48.2% from the field vs Xavier (despite losing). Caris LeVert who we all know has NBA potential will need to be huge. Minimize the dumb plays (tilting) and fouls (UConn shoots 76.8% from the line so far) and Michigan can win this straight up.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

michigan cant outrebound anyone so im not sure where you get that stat from. michigan is mainly guards. brimah will control rebounds for uconn. michigan is one player, levert. He cant score more then 40 so i dont think theyll be able to beat good teams until a real second option appears.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I can't see Michigan competing in the paint wih uconn. They're relying on freshmen forwards, as they're front court last year was terrible and then they're best forward transferred. No size to check Brimah down low, other than Doyle, who's not good.

Uconns gaurds are more talented as well. Look at how X guards Davis & Bluitt & Abell scored on them... Now imagine Gibbs & Miller & Purvis who shoot much better %s. This spread is way too low IMO... The name "Michigan" keeps the spread low.

CanuckG

I know Uconn's guards are more talented. That's why they're favoured. But they've blown out teams yet only opened 3.5 on a neutral site? Michigan will be much more fierce than their past 3 games.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Got Huskies at 2 and 3, Mich. sucks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

bro it a really tough thing counting on any team to shoot hot from behind the arc at this venue. it a converted dining hall not a gym and every years kids bitch about the depth perception on their shots. i grabbed ucon and no clue how you think mich gonna win on the boards? they sherman soft and at a size disadvantage.

CanuckG

UConn ranks 104th on rebounds after misses and have struggled to get to the FT line even against mediocre teams. That's 291st nationally at 29 FT's per 100 field goal attempts. Don't see any reason why they should dominate on the glass tonight. Course Levert will need help. Walton and Irvin will need to step up. KenPom has this as a one point game which I also see as being close if Mich does what I said above. They have the talent to stay with them.

CanuckG

I'm 12-2-1 betting against the spread this year (includes 1 total play) in ncaa hoops (all posted) so I'm all for a hoops discussion but no need to hammer me like I'm new

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    I'm 12-2-1 betting against the spread this year (includes 1 total play) in ncaa hoops (all posted) so I'm all for a hoops discussion but no need to hammer me like I'm new
    good luck bud, you are doing well, keep raking it in.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

UConn ranks 104th on rebounds after misses and have struggled to get to the FT line even against mediocre teams. That's 291st nationally at 29 FT's per 100 field goal attempts. Don't see any reason why they should dominate on the glass tonight. Course Levert will need help. Walton and Irvin will need to step up. KenPom has this as a one point game which I also see as being close if Mich does what I said above. They have the talent to stay with them.
    Is Kenpom worth investing in? Is it really profitable to use his services?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Not "profitable"....
    But its like $20... For tons of info.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Give it like a month, then it's very useful.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Michigan's bigs suck, they arnt physical and can barely catch entry passes, nothing is ran for them and they dont get many looks and for good reason. If its close it'll be because Michigan is hot from 3. Irving doesnt seem completely healthy from his injury, LeVert doesnt move quite like he used to just yet either.

CanuckG

No reason for Michigan to not get up for this game. A win and being able to play Cuse would be huge for SOS when it comes down to making the March Bracket since the rest of their non conference schedule is meh. This is a night game so no excuse for any day time lulls.

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

This is one of the better discussions on here today with actual analysis and exchange of information/opinions and you're complaining about getting hammered. Sensitive much?

CanuckG

More so every thread its how my side has no shot in hell yet keeps winning...

CanuckG

Someone tell me if UConn went out last night and got hammered. That's the stuff I need to know.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Canuck, I don't like anything today, I am going to tail you for my only play of the day, don't fuk me on this pal

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Wrong team favored. Michigan wins

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1673

I am taking a pass on this one, but to me this game has the feeling that the team with the last possession will win.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Connecticut homer checking in.

UConn will dominate in the middle, Huskies all night.
    Connecticut guards are better, Connecticut pivot men are better.
    Reason why this game is 4.5

stevenash

Someone tell me if UConn went out last night and got hammered. That's the stuff I need to know.
    Kevin Ollie runs a tight ship, he makes sure kids go to class and in their room at 10pm.
    Huskies come to play tonight

CanuckG

If Mich can keep it within 5 at half without relying on the 3 ball then they have good shot.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

UConn wins this easily. Just cap the coaches. UConn with a big advantage.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Canuck good luck

I see your under pressure

I heard about it all..hope you nail these

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    UConn wins this easily. Just cap the coaches. UConn with a big advantage.
    Don't be a wise ass, Ollie was Mr. Calhoun's right hand man all those years, he was his personal pick to succeed him, and he did win it all his first year eligible.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

coaching is a good angle mainly in college hoops

Paver your not dumb

CanuckG

Mich ICE COLD shooting. Guess I was bound to pick a stinker.

2daBank

It a terrible venue to rely on jump shooters bro. Wasn't trying to "jump on you" earlier, you know how we do. Guess I just caught you at a bad moment when other guys were jumping on you.

CanuckG

UConn honestly doesn't look that good either. Mich actually woke up in the 2H. Shame they got off to such a bad start.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Even if you lose a few..you bring quality to the site.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Even if you lose a few..you bring quality to the site.
    Absolutly he does, there no doubt about that.

stevenash

Canuck good peeps

2daBank

UConn honestly doesn't look that good either. Mich actually woke up in the 2H. Shame they got off to such a bad start.
    I don't think ucon that good, thought it was very favorable matchup in a venue that bad for shooters.

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Why is everyone so worried about Canuck's feelings? No one was "jumping on" or "hammering" anyone in this thread, jesus christ. It was all reasonable basketball discussion. The only thing every single poster who disagreed with the pick did was point out (1) the rebounding/big man disadvantage and (2) difficulty of shooting in that venue. Those were valid points and not a single personal attack was made. LOL @ "no need to hammer me like i'm new" and the ensuing reminders to him that he is indeed a valuable contributor. That was never in doubt.

If anything, Canuck's reasoning was inconsistent. First he said they NEED to get hot from 3 just to keep it close. Then he said if they can keep it close WITHOUT relying on the 3-ball, they have a chance. Then he blamed the outcome on cold shooting:

Wolverines will have to continue their hot shooting from 3 to keep this a game IMO. UConn gives up 30.9% from three so look for Michigan to fire 3's from everywhere to keep it close early.

If Mich can keep it within 5 at half without relying on the 3 ball then they have good shot.

Even if you lost this play, everyone knows 12-3-1 YTD is damn good. No need to be butthurt at objective disagreement

12 Last