jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    No way. Notre Dame is better than Iowa. They've only lost to Clemson.
    And Iowa hasnt lost, you just cant magically say who is better than who. Its all good, when Stanford beats Notre Dame all will be settled, if BC could score Id say theyed beat Dame, but Stanford will solidify this debate once and for all.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    And Iowa hasnt lost, you just cant magically say who is better than who. Its all good, when Stanford beats Notre Dame all will be settled, if BC could score Id say theyed beat Dame, but Stanford will solidify this debate once and for all.
    This is kind of a weird argument. People complaining that teams don't play a tough schedule. Notre Dame plays Clemson on the road and loses by 2 points which would seem to make them no worse than 2nd. But you want to Iowa in there. Let Iowa beat Ohio State which people say does not belong in the Top 5 and then lets see what they've got.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Iowa could beat Notre Dame but we will never know unless they make the playoff and face each other.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

why is Iowa #5 I just looked at there schedule no wonder ML been dropping all day

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Iowa could beat Notre Dame but we will never know unless the make the playoff and face each other.
    I would take that bet. Notre Dame would probably be favored over Iowa on a neutral field by 7 points.

Iowa gets to play Ohio State. That is good enough. They can prove themselves there. Let them at least beat Michigan if they happen to beat OSU.

Wrigley

minnesota has played the 13 toughest schedule in CFB Iowa 75 Iowa could lose tonight and it would not be that big of a upset

Wrigley

cant see Iowa winning at Nebraska last game of season if they get by minny

Buffalo Nickle

If Iowa wins out, they will be in there. If not, they don't belong anyway. It will be decided on the field. If Notre Dame beats Stanford, they belong in the playoff.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    This is kind of a weird argument. People complaining that teams don't play a tough schedule. Notre Dame plays Clemson on the road and loses by 2 points which would seem to make them no worse than 2nd. But you want to Iowa in there. Let Iowa beat Ohio State which people say does not belong in the Top 5 and then lets see what they've got.
    But, thats making my argument, I respect that Notre Dame's only has 1 loss and the fact they lost by 2 to Clemson on the road, but does the committee see it like that? If they respect barely losing to a top team and reward one for such then they should also disrespect a top team for not outclassing much lower competition. I can make a case that Notre Dame hasnt really beaten much, USC was at home and 3-3 at the time and in disarray with the coaching situation, a team Stanford beat in USC on the road. GT, no need to divulge about them. Beat UVA by a td, scraped by Temple who isnt as good as their record they just have a decent defense. Meanwhile in Syracuse...

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

[QUOTE=Fred The Hammer;24811871]They've lost one game by 2 points @ Clemson as they were trying to tie it. They're the only team that beat Navy and Temple. They beat USC and they crushed Texas....who handed Oklahoma their only loss. Plus they close @ Stanford. Baylor on the other hand hasn't beat a winning team al

notre shame is horrible. You are bragging about beating temple and navy WTF! AAU teams at best. The best team that notre will beat(maybe) is stanford. I think northwestern beat them. Oh that's right they beat duke at duke. One of the better teams in the acc. which notre is playing the ass end of that conference. fsu won the ring 2 yrs ago but we are not sure if they would of if they had to play an extra game.I think iowa and michigan beat northwestern by combine score of 78-10. If osu wins agst mich,mich st and then iowa they deserve to be in the game.I am sure the idiot that started this thread said last year that ohio st didn't deserve to be in the mix and you seen what happened. As far as texas beating oklahoma; that is a big rivalry. My team is texas so not a buckeye flunky. Just stating facts
    y

jtoler

Stanford dropped the ball, only thing left is to beat Dame and spoil their hopes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Navy not bad

They only lost too ND because QB got hurt

The might be best team in nation

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Trust me JJ. They're not.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

They should be #1 because they haven't lost since the first week of last year. Win big or win close and ugly it doesn't matter, they are still unbeaten.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

To add to people's points, there are no great team(s) this year.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11867

Bumpppp

First 12