TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Question To Posters Who Carry Or Support Carrying Concealed Weapons

The Paris situation is an absolute tragedy. I want to use it as a reference... as to something that could happen here in the USA or Canada... or anywhere in the World where posters are from.

Here's my hypothetical story...

So you have a situation... police haven't arrived yet. You are alone (not with family) and you have your piece on you. People are screaming.... and start running in all different angles. You clearly don't know what's going on but... it's shocking. A few seconds later... you now see blood and a body laying in the street. You now hear an explosion.

Are you allowed to reach for your gun and show it? Again.... police or any type of authorities have no arrived yet. Do you show your piece for your protection? What if you start scaring other innocent bystanders? What if someone has their piece on them as well... and they shoot you?

What if you're scattering showing your weapon..... (running while holding it) and the police arrive... and they've been briefed to shoot at anyone holding a gun? They see you with your gun... thinking you might be the suspect or mad bomber... and they open fire on you?

Again.... just a hypothetical situation that could happen. Just wanted to hear what you would do in this kind of situation. Use the Paris situation as a scenario.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Ya, why do you think anyone carries a firearm. If you are threatened with violence that is why you have the handgun. You pull it out and stop the threat.
    Points Awarded:

bigballa gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Just show your penis. Running while holding it would work too. Americans have the biggest penises in the world
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Antibet 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya, why do you think anyone carries a firearm. If you are threatened with violence that is why you have the handgun. You pull it out and stop the threat.
    Not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying... this is a more complexed equation. There are hundreds of people running in all different angles. How do you even know what you're aiming for? Or looking for?

This isn't a break in at your home... where it's typically 1 on 1.

You pull out that gun in an "open area"... might be open season on you.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Looking into carrying now that I'm out of NJ. They teach classes here in VA for free if you buy your license too. Can't beat it...well on my way

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by Antibet View Post
    Just show your penis. Running while holding it would work too. Americans have the biggest penises in the world
    I guess you never saw the pics of JJ's when he posted his here a few years ago

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

true story. I was working in the ghetto of cincinnati when the riots broke out. Didn't even know the shit was happening but i was going
    to popeyes chicken and couple of kids threw a garbage can at my cadillac. I didn't even realize into it hit my car because I was wondering why the were boarding up popeyes at 530. I was pissed so I pulled over and they starting coming at me and I pulled my piece. They scattered like rats. Now this was before carry and concealed. I had been caught carrying before and had to go to court. I explained to the judge that I collected a lot of premium from customers.(people of color will know what aghetto insurance man is) Well next 3 days we sat in our office because it wasn't safe in over the rhine.One of my customers called me and begged me to come collect her money. She had 4 boys and was worried about them. I had rented a car because i wasn't going to let my car get damaged any worse than it was.Any way she lived by findlay market. After awhile I agreed to but she promised me she would be down at the doorstep.I drove to her house and she wasn't on her stoop so I left.She called me on my cell phone and asked me to come back. She said a couple of her boys would be downstairs so I would be safe.As I walked up to them(related to dana stubblefield) the smaller one asked me if I was nervous. He went 6'5 250. I told him no more than you would at a klan rally. They laughed but as their mother was coming down 2 kids walked up with pit bulls on a leash. I said how are u? they just glared. I said a second time how are you? One of them asked what was my white ass doing down their. My customer told them I wasn't white and I was crazy. Kid said something and I said I will shoot u and your 2 mutts dead before u can get to me.I open my jacket and showed them the butt end of the gun .Just than one of my dope boys(customer who is later killed. If u watch the first 48 his name is dink faulkner and he was the one with 8 kids) told these guys to get their ass out of their . These guys came from dayton ohio to start shit.I have abot 5 kids that i knew since birth that made the first 48. I also have had 2 other instance where the gun saved my ass.
    Points Awarded:

grease lightnin gave chico2663 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

i pull the piece and take my chances
    Points Awarded:

bigballa gave kidcudi92 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying... this is a more complexed equation. There are hundreds of people running in all different angles. How do you even know what you're aiming for? Or looking for?

This isn't a break in at your home... where it's typically 1 on 1.

You pull out that gun in an "open area"... might be open season on you.
    I guess I would reply to that, if that situation happened I wouldn't be thinking about myself, it would be all about protecting my family or friends I was with. So be it if I am shot by a cop in a mistaken identity but I will be damned if I am holding a 45 and someone is going to try and kill my family or friends. I will unload on those fuks with everything I have.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Looking into carrying now that I'm out of NJ. They teach classes here in VA for free if you buy your license too. Can't beat it...well on my way
    As long as you know about gun safety and know how to use your weapon you should have one.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

In Texas, there are only two things you must know about carrying your weapon.

1. If you take the weapon out, you better use it.
    2. If you do fire your weapon, make sure you shoot to kill and not injure.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Good post TMS.

Shame nobody seems to get your point.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    true story. I was working in the ghetto of cincinnati when the riots broke out. Didn't even know the shit was happening but i was going
    to popeyes chicken and couple of kids threw a garbage can at my cadillac. I didn't even realize into it hit my car because I was wondering why the were boarding up popeyes at 530. I was pissed so I pulled over and they starting coming at me and I pulled my piece. They scattered like rats. Now this was before carry and concealed. I had been caught carrying before and had to go to court. I explained to the judge that I collected a lot of premium from customers.(people of color will know what aghetto insurance man is) Well next 3 days we sat in our office because it wasn't safe in over the rhine.One of my customers called me and begged me to come collect her money. She had 4 boys and was worried about them. I had rented a car because i wasn't going to let my car get damaged any worse than it was.Any way she lived by findlay market. After awhile I agreed to but she promised me she would be down at the doorstep.I drove to her house and she wasn't on her stoop so I left.She called me on my cell phone and asked me to come back. She said a couple of her boys would be downstairs so I would be safe.As I walked up to them(related to dana stubblefield) the smaller one asked me if I was nervous. He went 6'5 250. I told him no more than you would at a klan rally. They laughed but as their mother was coming down 2 kids walked up with pit bulls on a leash. I said how are u? they just glared. I said a second time how are you? One of them asked what was my white ass doing down their. My customer told them I wasn't white and I was crazy. Kid said something and I said I will shoot u and your 2 mutts dead before u can get to me.I open my jacket and showed them the butt end of the gun .Just than one of my dope boys(customer who is later killed. If u watch the first 48 his name is dink faulkner and he was the one with 8 kids) told these guys to get their ass out of their . These guys came from dayton ohio to start shit.I have abot 5 kids that i knew since birth that made the first 48. I also have had 2 other instance where the gun saved my ass.
    Good story. Ghetto insurance man. You could be a character in an Elmore Leonard novel.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

This morning as I was watching the news, I thought to myself that after yesterday more people must be more comfortable with their right to bear arms. As there is no such right in France, yet these shitbags had AK's and grenades.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

Not everyone who has a concealed carry has bloodlust. Real life is not like Rambo... If there was a bombing of some sort I would think even those who were armed would be running to take cover instead of getting into a firefight against people with automatic weapons. But what if you were one of those persons held hostage in that theater? I would rather have a piece in that situation instead of waiting for certain death at the hands of animals.

For all the debate about regulation of firearms look to Chicago. One of the most regulated environments in the world with a huge firearms homicide rate. Comparatively you have populations of households in other countries where gun ownership is very high relative to population (Canada/Switzerland) with very small homicide rates. It's the same with drugs, yes both are dangerous but if you outlaw them they move the demand to the black market to the benefit of criminal organizations. Nobody ever questions why there is such demand for guns. The answer of course is simple because it's dangerous world but nobody acknowledges that and would rather not face reality.

Prostitution, drugs and guns all should be unregulated. There is close to 100 years of history of regulation and the problems are worst than ever...

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I've been a weapons instructor for over 30 years. There is no way a cwp holder could do anything in an attack like this from above against a armed group with assault weapons who have the advantage of firing down on you. I'm referring to the theater attack

99% of self defense shootings occur in less than six feet of distance. Even the best trained handgun shooters are going to have a hard time acquiring and hitting a target firing back at them at a distance of 50 feet. It's difficult to do. We teach that you use your handgun to get to your rifle so you have the tactical advantage. Yea I'm one of those people who carry a handgun but keep a rifle in the truck and car with 200 rounds of ammo at all times

To answer your question we teach civilians never to pull your gun unless you have a target. Then holster it or put it on the ground if the threat is over or you may get taken out by the police when they arrive

Later
    Last edited by capitalist pig; 11-14-15 at 08:14 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77, and RubberKettle

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

christ not many ppl want to answer your question do they money.....i dont carry myself but yes i would assume if you pulled during shit like what was happening in paris when the police did show up you would have to put your hands up and make yourself known, you would likely then be arrested and have to explain shit at the station....

but anyone on here or anywhere that is carrying would pull as well, thats why you have it, fuk these assholes.....

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I have a conceal carry permit and am always armed

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

The situation in France wouldn't have happened if the french had a 2nd ammendment or if the populus was armed.

That's what cowards do. They go after unarmed people.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most people would never pull their piece out in real life or death

its proven

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most people would never pull their piece out in real life or death

its proven
    Bullshit .....they will use it I've had my conceal carry for 10 years I've pulled it out once so far to stop a robbery of a liquer store came up behind the guy put the gun to the back of his head guy shit his pants right there started crying saying he didn't want to die clerk called police cops gave me a little shit for getting involved I said I was protecting my rights and my life

Should have pulled the trigger fukkin meth scumbag

Don't FUKK with people if you don't want the big stick!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Bullshit .....they will use it I've had my conceal carry for 10 years I've pulled it out once so far to stop a robbery of a liquer store came up behind the guy put the gun to the back of his head guy shit his pants right there started crying saying he didn't want to die clerk called police cops gave me a little shit for getting involved I said I was protecting my rights and my life

Should have pulled the trigger fukkin meth scumbag

Don't FUKK with people if you don't want the big stick!!!
    When guys are carrying high powered rifles and your carrying a handgun you better know what your doing

Terrorists had AK47's ...better clip them when their backs are turned

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    The Paris situation is an absolute tragedy. I want to use it as a reference... as to something that could happen here in the USA or Canada... or anywhere in the World where posters are from.

Here's my hypothetical story...

So you have a situation... police haven't arrived yet. You are alone (not with family) and you have your piece on you. People are screaming.... and start running in all different angles. You clearly don't know what's going on but... it's shocking. A few seconds later... you now see blood and a body laying in the street. You now hear an explosion.

Are you allowed to reach for your gun and show it? Again.... police or any type of authorities have no arrived yet. Do you show your piece for your protection? What if you start scaring other innocent bystanders? What if someone has their piece on them as well... and they shoot you?

What if you're scattering showing your weapon..... (running while holding it) and the police arrive... and they've been briefed to shoot at anyone holding a gun? They see you with your gun... thinking you might be the suspect or mad bomber... and they open fire on you?

Again.... just a hypothetical situation that could happen. Just wanted to hear what you would do in this kind of situation. Use the Paris situation as a scenario.
    If you are going to battle against an AK-47 with unlimited magazine rounds and hand grenades with your Glock pistol and ten rounds you would better keep it concealed.

If someone is attacking you with a Samurai sword you do not take your pocket knife to confront him.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    When guys are carrying high powered rifles and your carrying a handgun you better know what your doing

Terrorists had AK47's ...better clip them when their backs are turned
    If more people carried better chance to stop it than if they didn't dont u agree

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    The situation in France wouldn't have happened if the french had a 2nd ammendment or if the populus was armed.

That's what cowards do. They go after unarmed people.
    Then the 10 million of French Muslim citizens wouldn't have to smuggle guns for terrorist activities. Just buy legally at the local gun shop.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    I've been a weapons instructor for over 30 years. There is no way a cwp holder could do anything in an attack like this from above against a armed group with assault weapons who have the advantage of firing down on you. I'm referring to the theater attack

99% of self defense shootings occur in less than six feet of distance. Even the best trained handgun shooters are going to have a hard time acquiring and hitting a target firing back at them at a distance of 50 feet. It's difficult to do. We teach that you use your handgun to get to your rifle so you have the tactical advantage. Yea I'm one of those people who carry a handgun but keep a rifle in the truck and car with 200 rounds of ammo at all times

To answer your question we teach civilians never to pull your gun unless you have a target. Then holster it or put it on the ground if the threat is over or you may get taken out by the police when they arrive

Later
    Thread winner. Close this thread.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Then the 10 million of French Muslim citizens wouldn't have to smuggle guns for terrorist activities. Just buy legally at the local gun shop.
    If you think Muslim terrorist have any problems getting guns from any country that have anti gun laws your highly mistaken

I would rather have someone in a crowd have a concealed weapon when a terrorist hits than a crowd of unarmed sheep were going to die why not take a chance to knock him off

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If you think Muslim terrorist have any problems getting guns from any country that have anti gun laws your highly mistaken

I would rather have someone in a crowd have a concealed weapon when a terrorist hits than a crowd of unarmed sheep were going to die why not take a chance to knock him off
    I fired AK-47s in the army. Trust me your little pistol has no chance. You will be blown to smithereens. The terrorist sees your first shot flash he will empty 3 magazines at your direction and kill everyone around you.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I fired AK-47s in the army. Trust me your little pistol has no chance. You will be blown to smithereens. The terrorist sees your first shot flash he will empty 3 magazines at your direction and kill everyone around you.
    but we're all dead any ways I'm a expect on my-14 and pistol prior military yes I understand that a ak 47 will out gun a pistol but the odds are much better at taking out a gun wielding lunatic terrorist with people in the crowd in front or behind them with concealed weapons than a crowd of unarmed sheep don't u agree

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

I have a conceal carry permit and am always armed
    That's good Harry. When is your 2 year renewal? You know I do that pal.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

If its slim chance or no chance, slim wins all the time.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    If its slim chance or no chance, slim wins all the time.
    All I can say is if you have a firearm you better go down fighting rather than down with it in staying concealed.

Take cover or concealment then return fire. That in its self may distract the animal from shooting other innocent people so they can get away.

You use common sense.
    Last edited by pimike; 11-14-15 at 09:21 AM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

but we're all dead any ways I'm a expect on my-14 and pistol prior military yes I understand that a ak 47 will out gun a pistol but the odds are much better at taking out a gun wielding lunatic terrorist with people in the crowd in front or behind them with concealed weapons than a crowd of unarmed sheep don't u agree
    Have you ever been to a theatre packed with people before? The terrorists shut the power and started shooting from the balconies down to the packed crowd. They even threw hand grenades. How in th fukk are you going to reach for your pistol in the dark during that mayhem and shoot the terrorist who is also wearing a bulletproof vest? These are trained soldiers you are facing..not the lunatic grad student from Colorado. It takes Special Ops and Navy Seals to take the terrorists out and you are going to kill them with a pistol without any training in the dark and deafening noise of a coordinated attack with AK-47s firing from all directions and grenades thrown at you? They slaughtered 100 in the theatre.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Again PAVY im asking u would you rather have someone there armed

Or would you rather have no weapons

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

Does Paris or France in its entirety have an anti-firearms law?

12 Last