Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Adidas Will Subsidize Logo Changes For High Schools With Native American Names

Adidas announced on Thursday that it will provide assistance to high schools in the United States that volunteer to change its logo or mascot from “potentially harmful Native American imagery or symbolism.” Adidas will help the school design a new logo and subsidize the cost of replacing the offending images. The sports outfitter announced this program ahead of its appearance at the White House Tribal Nations Conference in Washington, D.C.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Adidas-wil...anges-40817921

Be interested to see how many high schools step forward. You have powers that have been pushing this agenda for a while now. These are baby steps to the ultimate goal, change the Washington Redskins name.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

It doesn't have anything to do with the Redskins. This is PR. A way to get into the high school uniform market. Basically give them a year free and then keep their business going forward and pretend you care about humanity. Pretty huge market for teams named after Indians.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Buffalo Nickel is right about this I reckon,bottom line it comes down to wanting to tap into a new market.

packerd_00

I honestly hope alot of schools tell them to poke it.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I remember a few years ago, the NCAA told FSU to change their mascot and the Seminole Tribe told them to fukk off
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I remember a few years ago, the NCAA told FSU to change their mascot and the Seminole Tribe told them to fukk off
    Right on,it pissed me off when North Dakota got rid of the Fighting Sioux team name.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Not likely that high schools are going to change their names. The NCAA needs to play politics so they can keep making millions off free labor and pretend they are not operating one of the biggest scams ever. High schools don't have any reason to change. But you can't blame Adidas for trying. Looks like they aren't going to give them free uniforms. Just pay for the resign of the logo. You still gotta pay up. You can only support a good cause for so much.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

A company founded by a guy named Adolf is pushing for progressive social change.

What a time to be alive.