Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

Its called Adrenaline. First pitch sailed on him it wasn't that close to his head anyways.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Haha nah just a funny phrase. Asian kid at my work says it all the time, I stole it. Why do you?
    Only from fins fans

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3523

These Mets pitchers need f@ckin hair cuts.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Head hunting first batter.

Stay classy Mets.
    OP's stupid post generates an entire thread of more stupid posts. This is a good example of why the majority of quality contributors have left SBR. What a waste of time SBR forums have become.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Last time I checked that's fuckin baseball, batter is way to comfy swinging at first pitch you brush him off
    Thinking about it more the OP is even more stupid than I thought.

Escobar hit an inside-the-park homer on the very FIRST pitch in Game One so there is nothing "cheap shot" about what the pitcher did in this situation. In fact it was smart baseball.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Pitch wasn't even all that close. Yes it was head high, but it was not far inside. Perfectly fine message pitch

And KC had all game to respond. Syndergaard even came up to bunt soon after and they didn't do shit
    Last edited by ROFLcopter; 10-30-15 at 11:33 PM.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave ROFLcopter 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

Noah Syndergaard on Escobar/Royals being upset: "If they have a problem with me throwing inside, they can meet me 60 feet, 6 inches away."

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11612

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Thor is a phaggot
    THOR:

"That's my plate out there, not theirs"

"If they have a problem with that they can meet me at the mound, 60 feet 6 inches."

Back to you, Steve.
    Points Awarded:

ROFLcopter gave ByeShea 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoeSedway gave ByeShea 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

Purpose pitch (that wasn't close to Escobar's head) served it's purpose. KC hitters were uncomfortable at the plate all night and they are still chirping about the pitch after the game.

The Royals have been pushing Mets batters back all series. Get over it.

jaytee20
    jaytee20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4030

MLB guys LOVED that 'purpose pitch'.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

part of the game

lol it is a baseball game and people acting like it is a war

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3523

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    part of the game

lol it is a baseball game and people acting like it is a war
    It is a war,this is the WS mother f@cker.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Damn, Thor said come get me..... That ninja is 6 foot 6 inches and weighs 250lbs and you phaggots are talking about Ventura coming after him? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Obviously on purpose....I heard him interviewed a few days ago and they asked him about how Escobar always swings at the first pitch.

He answered that he had a few tricks up his sleeve for that.

I love it actually......set the tone early for a team down 2-0

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good for him

Kid came to play

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Forgive me in advance Nasher because I didn't watch the game. Just home and after watching the hightlites a bunch of times I don't see the big deal. The pitch, while intentional, was just a statement and wasn't really close at all to hitting him. You don't ACTUALLY want to hit a guy in that spot and throwing behind the batter waste high is just too obvious. So a high heater inside (but not really threatening) is the best answer to me.

Mets needed something. I'm not sure that was the best way to make a statement but I don't find it outside the lines of the game. My friends and I used to play the game the same way when we were 16-24.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

A) Nobody has quit this forum because of what I post.
    B) Reason for the thread was to get a little heated discussion going on,
    and it did what it did, got some traffic here.

Anybody with a 1/2 a brain could have figured out why this discussion thread was started.
    Trust me, nobody ever said "I'm leaving SBR because of Nash"

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    THOR:

"That's my plate out there, not theirs"

"If they have a problem with that they can meet me at the mound, 60 feet 6 inches."

Back to you, Steve.
    Ok, back to me.
    Mets rocked the Royals in game 3, and if you want my input on Syndegaard, this coming from a former scholastic catcher, he's the guy you hate if you were on 29 other ball clubs, but if he's One of yours you love him to death.

Dude has old school mentality, that I admit I like.
    I'll say this about Benny, he's spot on about Harvey.

Only once have I called for a brush back, that was on the opposing teams third baseman after he clothes lined one of our teams runners, single to right, right fielder on their team throw was wide of third, he had to go across third to reach for the throw, our guy did not need to slide, he had the bag by 4 feet plus easily and neck tied him, he knew what he wAs doing all along.

So he gets up 2 innings later I say to him " I wouldn't dig in pal"

But to throw at somebody to set the tone is bullshit, if that pitch gets away and bludgeons any batter in the temple, you're talking potential life changing damage.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Bullshit pitch, the way he threw it. You brush him back but not go for his head with a 98 MPH fastball. It's baseball and the WS yeah, but you don't go for the head and potentially end his career. Coming from the team who lost their SS on a play many called just baseball but doubt they thought that.

Cuse0323

I hope the Royals destroy Matz. He doesn't have the stuff anyway. Young should throw one at his head and see what Thors homo looking Fabio wannabe f\*g ass thinks.

MoeSedway

Pedro loved it.

MoeSedway

If Syndergaard was gunning for the Escobar's head, that pitch would have sailed over his actual head or even behind it. That pitch was high and had some tail, but it looked a lot worse with Escobar's reaction.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 169

I can still see fat ass Moustakas popping off only to be sat down 3 straight times by Thor. I would say the pitch was pretty affective if you ask me. Got the Royals hot and bothered hence 16 swing and misses after having half that many in the first two games. Pitch wasn't even that close. Escobar could have just stood their without moving and the ball still wouldn't have hit him. Welcome to the fuckin show

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

So later on ESPN they show Moustakas cursing from the dugout on ESPN but they never show the dust off pitch that was what motivated that by him. ESPN is such a **** channel. They only good thing they had going for them was Grantland and yesterday they decided to pull the plug on it (because they are still butt hurt that Bill Simmons parted ways with them). Wish there were more choices for sports TV viewing but they have the lock on it.
    Last edited by DJ Dana; 10-31-15 at 08:36 AM.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Mets are gonna be shaking in the batter box with that 88mph heat coming in
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I hope the Royals destroy Matz. He doesn't have the stuff anyway. Young should throw one at his head and see what Thors homo looking Fabio wannabe f\*g ass thinks.

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  13.4 KB

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

The pitch wasn't close to hitting him but was too high for message he was trying to send. Like Nash said he has little to no margin for error when he throws up there. Royals are not a team that will forget that either. If either team has a decent lead tonight or tomorrow night don't be surprised if Wright wears one. Should be fun game tonight

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Mets are gonna be shaking in the batter box with that 88mph heat coming in
    Lol, yeah would help to throw 10 MPH more at someone's head. Young will just hit his spots and not allow the Mets to string any hits together. They don't need to send a message to the Mets hitters anyway. They can't do shit to win the series. It's a compliment really that he had to throw at someone's head to try and set the tone since the magic has run out. Noah pitched real well last night, as he mixed it up and realized he needed to use the fastball less. Back to business tonight for the Royals. Thor is the only one that can cause them any trouble, in my opinion.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 169

Lol, yeah would help to throw 10 MPH more at someone's head. Young will just hit his spots and not allow the Mets to string any hits together. They don't need to send a message to the Mets hitters anyway. They can't do shit to win the series. It's a compliment really that he had to throw at someone's head to try and set the tone since the magic has run out. Noah pitched real well last night, as he mixed it up and realized he needed to use the fastball less. Back to business tonight for the Royals. Thor is the only one that can cause them any trouble, in my opinion.

Get real, Mets will rock Young. The guy just threw a third of a game just the other night. He isn't even on full rest. Good luck with him shutting down this lineup at Citifield.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Get real, Mets will rock Young. The guy just threw a third of a game just the other night. He isn't even on full rest. Good luck with him shutting down this lineup at Citifield.
    Mets lineup has already had a nice long look at Young, plus time to prepare and think about hitting his stinky ass. Mets bats open up and make this thing 2-2.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Bullshit pitch, the way he threw it. You brush him back but not go for his head with a 98 MPH fastball. It's baseball and the WS yeah, but you don't go for the head and potentially end his career. Coming from the team who lost their SS on a play many called just baseball but doubt they thought that.
    Cuser put it very succinctly, well done pal.

Now let's close 'er down.
    Points Awarded:

Cuse0323 gave stealthyburrito 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by jameski999 View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  13.4 KB
    Ball is on the black over the plate. Wasn't even that close. That's what happens when you dive in over the plate. Was a perfectly placed pitch and the Mets needed it.
    If that was a Yankees pitcher on the mound doing it, That fatfukk Nash would have wrote a 2 page novel in his original post on how great and smart it was, how it was epic old school baseball, how he was impressed that a 23 year old rookie had the balls to do it, and how it WORKED as well.
    Fatboy is just plain garbage as a poster. Lives and breathes (heavily because he weighs about 450 lbs) dying for me to post.

End of thread, like usual.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    If that was a Yankees pitcher on the mound doing it, That fatfukk Nash would have wrote a 2 page novel in his original post on how great and smart it was, how it was epic old school baseball, how he was impressed that a 23 year old rookie had the balls to do it, and how it WORKED as well.

Now I get it. Yankee fan.

Free tip to all: allegiances and wagers don't mix.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave ByeShea 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

Ball is on the black over the plate. Wasn't even that close. That's what happens when you dive in over the plate. Was a perfectly placed pitch and the Mets needed it.
    Fatboy is just plain garbage as a poster. Lives and breathes (heavily because he weighs about 450 lbs) dying for me to post.

As usual, I'm inside Benny's empty head.
    Guy is obscessed with me, lives to troll each and every one of my posts.

#flattered

stevenash

Not a Yankees fan, but thanks for playing slick.

First 123 Last