unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Remember when the playoffs started?

And.........the great teams were Cards, Pirates, and Cubs. Ya, I don't either.

Royals get next. Excuse me, Cubs have another chance, if they win, their prize is....Harvey in game 5

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

If wildcard wasn't one game and division series was seven games things would be way different

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    If wildcard wasn't one game and division series was seven games things would be way different
    How? Tell me who beats the Mets pitching staff because we already know who leads in runs scored and homeruns. Was the Pirates or Cards going to beat the Mets when neither can even beat the Cubs? Give me a break.

unde0087
    Did we win?

You know why the cards couldn't beat the Cubs? Pitching, most of the homeruns the Cubs hit in the playoffs came off that lame pitching staff. That same lineup has been destroyed by Mets pitching.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

No, that statement had nothing to do with the Mets. The Mets have been the team no one has wanted to play since the Cespedes trade. They are built for playoff wins. Best and deepest staff in baseball no question. Lots of depth and versatile and are up 3-0 even though they seem to be getting robbed of every bad break.

Just saying if wildcard wasnt one game series Yankees and pirates had a shot if those two series shake out different a lot of things change. Mets would still be here they have been the team of destiny since Wilmer Flores cried. Go mets. Brooms tm.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

But seven game series
    Cards would beat Cubs in my opinion. And pirates would beat Cubs in series of any kind. Hype on Cubs was all arrieta hype. In the al rangers prob win a seven game series blue jays pitching is being exposed.

unde0087
    Did we win?

BJ, given what everyone knows now, yes, the Mets staff gets credit. But, don't tell me Mets were getting credit going in. Experts were talking about Cards, Pirates, and Cubs. Most experts were all over Mets pitching staff, about Harveys innings, and the young pitchers Mets had and how hard it would be for them to hold up because they all are way past their innings pitched in a season. I don't remember much credit being pushed Mets way. I remember the first win the Cubs had against the Cards, all of a sudden the Cubs were the 2nd best team in MLB. Every other ESPN article was about the Cubs greatness.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    BJ, given what everyone knows now, yes, the Mets staff gets credit. But, don't tell me Mets were getting credit going in. Experts were talking about Cards, Pirates, and Cubs. Most experts were all over Mets pitching staff, about Harveys innings, and the young pitchers Mets had and how hard it would be for them to hold up because they all are way past their innings pitched in a season. I don't remember much credit being pushed Mets way. I remember the first win the Cubs had against the Cards, all of a sudden the Cubs were the 2nd best team in MLB. Every other ESPN article was about the Cubs greatness.
    I don't know honestly I don't read or watch much sports on TV unless its the actual game or highlights. Too much propaganda. I thought mets were team to beat in August i guess you are right given these lines Vegas has been dealing I have been killing it. Go mets

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle....but seriously they do need to get rid of the one game playoff.

They play 162 games and 3 game series all year but when it matters they say one game...zero logic
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Know matter how you look at it pitching wins most of the time

Mets have best staff top to bottom

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

I love this. "Destroyed". I wouldn't call scoring on balls in the dirt by fat slob Cahill "destroying". You know who did get destroyed? Toronto. How are the mets going to beat Kansas City with a Murphy solo shot? He should leave the bottle of powers at home and be in church every day this week. Royals score runs man. They lost to a Giants team last year not only because of Madison but because San Fran had no prob putting up double digits. KC getting their redemption.

suckerbet105
    suckerbet105's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 419

yes KC is the team to beat right now
    ever since that comeback in houston they have been on a roll... they finish off toronto and teach young mets some clutch playoff baseball in WS

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14055

All Blue world series.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Quote Originally Posted by thecutter View Post
    I love this. "Destroyed". I wouldn't call scoring on balls in the dirt by fat slob Cahill "destroying".
    Really? Cubs down 3 games to zero (after winning at least 12 of past 13 games) and only scored 5 runs total - and you want to talk about a bad pitch from Cahill? No one said the Mets will score a zillion runs off the Cubs. People bet the Mets for pitching.

Face the facts, the Cubs walked into the buzz saw of high-grade power pitching. Destroyed.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

I love this. "Destroyed". I wouldn't call scoring on balls in the dirt by fat slob Cahill "destroying". You know who did get destroyed? Toronto. How are the mets going to beat Kansas City with a Murphy solo shot? He should leave the bottle of powers at home and be in church every day this week. Royals score runs man. They lost to a Giants team last year not only because of Madison but because San Fran had no prob putting up double digits. KC getting their redemption.
    Unde said the Cubs lineup has been 'destroyed' by Mets pitching, and it has been, no?

15 hits and 5 BBs scattered across 3 games. 29 Ks.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Really? Cubs down 3 games to zero (after winning at least 12 of past 13 games) and only scored 5 runs total - and you want to talk about a bad pitch from Cahill? No one said the Mets will score a zillion runs off the Cubs. People bet the Mets for pitching.

Face the facts, the Cubs walked into the buzz saw of high-grade power pitching. Destroyed.
    Couldn't have said it better

unde0087
    Did we win?

Tell me, who has KC played thus far in the playoffs, that is even in the same league as the Mets pitching staff? Oh no one, sorry but KC isn't going to have the luxury of teeing off on pitchers 5 years past their prime, they will face pitchers that throw 98 day after day after day. Cubs looked pretty good when they played the Cards, hitting homeruns all over the place, then went silent when they faced the best pitching staff, by far, in the league. We all know how many runs the Mets can pile up and most of the sluggers have struggled. But I guess you don't have to score 8 runs a game when your pitching staff straight owns the other team.

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Kc has faced 2 much better teams than the 2 mets have faced ??? Lolol Dodgers and Cubs 2 of lowest scoring teams in MLB

unde0087
    Did we win?

Kc has faced 2 much better teams than the 2 mets have faced ??? Lolol Dodgers and Cubs 2 of lowest scoring teams in MLB
    Cutter, Cubs were one of the top teams in runs scored so what are you talking about? You pretty much missed the boat on what I said. I was talking about pitching. And what my question to you was, has Royals seen anything like they are about too? Astros and Toronto starting pitching staffs wouldn't be as good as the Mets if they put both staffs together. Good luck to you man, I am done with this. I guess here soon we will find out if the Royals can hit the Mets.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

But seven game series
    Cards would beat Cubs in my opinion. And pirates would beat Cubs in series of any kind. Hype on Cubs was all arrieta hype. In the al rangers prob win a seven game series blue jays pitching is being exposed.
    If that was the case I think the Astros beat the Royals.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Tell me, who has KC played thus far in the playoffs, that is even in the same league as the Mets pitching staff? Oh no one, sorry but KC isn't going to have the luxury of teeing off on pitchers 5 years past their prime, they will face pitchers that throw 98 day after day after day. Cubs looked pretty good when they played the Cards, hitting homeruns all over the place, then went silent when they faced the best pitching staff, by far, in the league. We all know how many runs the Mets can pile up and most of the sluggers have struggled. But I guess you don't have to score 8 runs a game when your pitching staff straight owns the other team.
    The Astros

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    The Astros
    Agree to disagree