Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The Refs have no idea how to determine "control of the ball" in the endzone.

I agree with what the refs just called in the Lions game, but Mike Pereria (who use to be a ref and now works for Fox Sports) calls it completely the other way. It's a crap shoot every time how they're going to call it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

He never had possession, let alone a football move. Complete joke. Refs can call whatever they want because there is no coherent rule.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    He never had possession, let alone a football move. Complete joke. Refs can call whatever they want because there is no coherent rule.
    Here's the problem.......I thought he did. To me, it looked like he had control and took two steps. It could go either way every time.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Here's the problem.......I thought he did. To me, it looked like he had control and took two steps. It could go either way every time.
    Not BEFORE he reached the endzone. When you do this in the endzone then you must complete the process. In no way did he become a runner before touching the plane. They blew it. Let's see if and how league tries to justify this after.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

If a player is attempting to possess a live loose ball (forward pass or punt or fumble) while going to the ground, he must maintain control of this ball until the momentum that is causing him to fall is stopped. Until his momentum has stopped, he is not a ball carrier with possession.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The only way it would be different is if he made the catch before reaching the endzone. IN that case, he becomes a runner and breaking the plan rule applies. But it is 100% clear that when his feet came down the ball was in the endzone. Therefore, it is a catch inside the endzone and he must finish the process. He didn't. The replays refs blew the call.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Crazy plays lately. Coin flip calls. Shouldn't be that way... but it's happening.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The question really is, who is everyone betting on

That clearly decides if he had control or not