Good and I hope all states do as well until sports betting is allowed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's all over within a year to be no more fantasy sports wagering

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

This is Nevada gaming doing this as they aren't making money off it and probably a loss in customers due to fantasy sites

jjgold

It's all over it will start spreading to all states eventually no one wants to see illlegal bullshit in their state

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It's all over it will start spreading to all states eventually no one wants to see illlegal bullshit in their state
    and if that happens you know you will see ones start up in Costa Rica Etc .

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

As a Nevadan, I'm for it.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

The end around here is operators get a sport pool license, and it's business as usual.

Sorry haters, DFS sites are already in bed with the NFL, MLB et al, and ain't going nowhere.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    As a Nevadan, I'm for it.
    Why?
    How exactly is it hurting you?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The end around here is operators get a sport pool license, and it's business as usual.

Sorry haters, DFS sites are already in bed with the NFL, MLB et al, and ain't going nowhere.
    Not a hater I just think it's fukking ridiculous that that wonderful useless federal govt will allow this shit but not sports gambling

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Why?
    Again it has nothing about hurting anything...I just want it to be an even playing field

If I can roll dice, bet on horses, bet on players getting first downs in any state, I want to be able to wager on the damn game

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Again it has nothing about hurting anything...I just want it to be an even playing field

If I can roll dice, bet on horses, bet on players getting first downs in any state, I want to be able to wager on the damn game
    agree with this 100% and just imagine the tax revenue if available all over

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Nevada Leeds and all other stats follow.

jjgold

Exactly Nevada is going to be the hero's here and many states will follow… Fantasy sports wagering doesn't even dent Nevada sports betting handle as business is booming like never before here

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

I heard reports that the end is near for florida soon too

Vegas39

Exactly Nevada is going to be the hero's here and many states will follow… Fantasy sports wagering doesn't even dent Nevada sports betting handle as business is booming like never before here
    come on JJ you know companies that run books are greedy and if they think someone is costing them they will try to squash them

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    come on JJ you know companies that run books are greedy and if they think someone is costing them they will try to squash them
    Depends on which JJ you are responding to

Vegas39

Depends on which JJ you are responding to
    hopefully silver sevens JJ passed out after his 3rd shandy

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Infinite dreams of winning 2 million with a 5 dollar deposit.

stevenash

The big boys (Fan Duel, Draft Kings) cut the states in, (licenses, fees, etc.) it's business as usual.

As stated before, they are in bed already with the NFL, the big boys pay the NFL ridiculous amounts of money.

Do you guys have any idea how powerful a corportation the NFL is?
    The NFL is the only corportation that owns a day of the week for God's sake, that is how powerful the NFL is.

Once again, you want to run a 'legal' DFS site, give the states a cut.

stevenash

agree with this 100% and just imagine the tax revenue if available all over
    That's what it's going to come down to, pay the states, or GTFO

darrell74

Why?
    That's a legitimate question.
    Answer is, it is not.

So why do I care?

Insider trading.
    'these sharks are gobbling up a bunch of minnows' for one thing.
    When one guy from FanDual gets millions of dollars in revenue from all of these 'minnows' and tells his buddy from DraftKings that he has all of this information and money available. Draftkings guy does the same for the Fandual guy, that's cheating.

In Vegas, they print a ticket and they pay the winning tickets- you're betting against your own wager.

Fantasy sites manipulate data and reward their own friends and don't pay out.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    I heard reports that the end is near for florida soon too
    If Florida does they risk pissing off Disney Corp who brings a lot of money into FL. As they have a share of Draft Kings

darrell74

So yeah Steve-it doesn't hurt me

But when my co-workers and friends ask me about it, that's what I tell them and that my fantasy football league is nothing like what they're doing.

That's not fantasy sports- that's a rigged lottery that you cannot win.

jjgold

The average deposit is $15 from what I've read these companies are going to be Strapped so so fast for cash

Advertising costing way more than what they're bringing in

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Infinite dreams of winning 2 million with a 5 dollar deposit.

darrell74

Not a hater I just think it's fukking ridiculous that that wonderful useless federal govt will allow this shit but not sports gambling
    Honestly, you make a good point.
    But, they are heading up a committee to take this down.

Congress knows this, and they have to legislate. It will take time, but they will make it illegal.

About the sports gambling thing, though, I do agree with you. Sports gambling should be legalized throughout more than the 4 states that are allowed.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Yep just like Zuffa/UFC has done with all the other smaller competitors coming up over the years. If the UFC can't shut them down they just buy them out and then let them fold... Big business wins everytime...

The thing with Draftkings and Fanduel is they are linked up with all the major sports now and rolling in the money so that's gonna be a tough cookie to crack.. I welcome it though.

I thinks it's bad because the simple working class may just dump a $100 into the fantasy league crap online with every pay check and lose it based solely on all the subliminal advertising they are seeing on TV.. Family then suffers....

Vegas39

The average deposit is $15 from what I've read these companies are going to be Strapped so so fast for cash

Advertising costing way more than what they're bringing in
    Disney bought into DK for 250 million and company worth over 900 million. so don't see that being an issue

jjgold

There's no money in it for the consumer that's why the sites are not going to make any money it's a tremendous advertising ploy and brainwashing ploy that will eventually wear off on the public

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep just like Zuffa/UFC has done with all the other smaller competitors coming up over the years. If the UFC can't shut them down they just buy them out and then let them fold... Big business wins everytime...

The thing with Draftkings and Fanduel is they are linked up with all the major sports now so that's gonna be a tough one to get rid of.. I welcome it though.

I thinks it bad because the simple working class may just dump a $100 into the fantasy league crap online with every pay check and lose it based solely on all the subliminal advertising they are seeing on TV.. Family then suffers....
    no different than Joe Public dropping $100 or more when lotto at 100 million or more

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    That's a legitimate question.
    Answer is, it is not.

So why do I care?

Insider trading.
    'these sharks are gobbling up a bunch of minnows' for one thing.
    When one guy from FanDual gets millions of dollars in revenue from all of these 'minnows' and tells his buddy from DraftKings that he has all of this information and money available. Draftkings guy does the same for the Fandual guy, that's cheating.

In Vegas, they print a ticket and they pay the winning tickets- you're betting against your own wager.

Fantasy sites manipulate data and reward their own friends and don't pay out.
    I personally like DFS, I have turned a tiny profit doing playing, and trust me, I can live just fine if they went away, I can make cases with a level head for both sides of the coin.

The so called 'insider trading' allogations is a gut shot, the first of what I hope only black eyes in this industry.
    Cries, no make that screams for regulations.
    What the DFS sharps all know, and the DFS sqaures don't know and need to know it you win with 'contrarian' player picks.
    You ain't winning with 28 percent of the players starting Bell at RB and Rodgers at QB.

The blame here is the greedy operators that did not have to be greedy, they could have cashed nicely without this.

The DFS industry needs to be regulated, and it needs to be taxed in my opinion if it wants to exisit.

Now, there are no cases that I know of, and I communicate with some of the DFS writers, of slow pay or no pay.
    Every one of them pays as promised.

I can post the ticket if you need proof, I won 10K top prize June of last year at DraftKings in a baseball daily.
    I collected 24 hours later only after proving who I was, filing all the appropriate tax forms via e-forms.
    In that aspect there is no controversy, they pay, they better pay, they have the cash.

The DFS industry is not going away, but you can make book on major changes real soon, like i mentioned, regulations etc.

Once again, I can live just fine without DFS, but I play 10-20 dollars a week in NFL weekles, and I enjoy it just like I enjoy my 100 dollar bet on the Arizona Cardinals at 5Dimes.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

no different than Joe Public dropping $100 or more when lotto at 100 million or more
    A bit different because you can't buy a hundred bucks worth of lotto tickets or scratchers online with a debit card when ever you feel the itch.. America is lazy...

State lotto's are more regulated compared to sport fantasy leagues as well. Some proceeds actually go to charity with the Lotto's..

Also with all these commercials we see on TV the average Joe watching sports thinks they have way better chance of winning compared to the State Lotto's so they begin to play that instead and more often...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-15-15 at 06:58 PM.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Ah yes America, land of the free, my ass.

stevenash

Wow, I just looked at my last post, typo much Steve.
    I have like 12 typo errors in there.
    lol
    I guess I need to turn on spell checker.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    A bit different because you can't buy a hundred bucks worth of lotto tickets or scratchers online with a debit card when ever you feel the itch.. America is lazy...

Yes in that aspect and yes they are last last year in Vegas company started that would go buy your lotto tickets. State of Nevada shut them down

123 Last