TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

DOJ & FBI Investigating Fan Duel & Draft Kings

Called this a month ago in few of my posts. Guy advertised it way too much.... commercials up the a$$. Should of just took the profits and run. Now... it's time to pay the piper. Clearly it's "gambling" related. You think you're going to out smart the govt.?

Going to be shut down soon. 3..... 2..... 1......

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

best news ever

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If this is a skill game so is poker. Bol convincing them that running out thousands of teams based on algorithms from a program is skill especially with 1% of the players making 90% of the money

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

fuk, i should've donked off the remaining 80 bucks in my DK account.... now it'll be frozen for years

someone give me a few good lineups to jam in this weekend, before the whole thing craters or is frozen

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

This is old news.

The reason for investigation is because of employees having data to use it to their advantage....which is same as insider trading. Recently both draft king and fan duel banned employees from participating in contests but they can still sign up in the other company and play and the data can be useful because most of the users of both sites are same. Watch this video, it sums everything up about the investigation and why perfectly.....Jump to 6.57 mark of the video because thats when they talk about fan duel and draft kings.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...ll-show-10-08-

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by charcoalbbq View Post
    This is old news.

The reason for investigation is because of employees having data to use it to their advantage....which is same as insider trading. Recently both draft king and fan duel banned employees from participating in contests but they can still sign up in the other company and play and the data can be useful because most of the users of both sites are same. Watch this video, it sums everything up about the investigation and why perfectly.....Jump to 6.57 mark of the video because thats when they talk about fan duel and draft kings.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...ll-show-10-08-
    If that's what you want to believe... more power to you. That's not what this investigation is about. It's deciding whether or not it's legal or illegal under U.S. Federal Law.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

suckers play fantasy

Hey I won $10 last week and only spent 9 hrs researching my teams

TheMoneyShot

If these C.E.O.'s had any brains whatsoever... they'd give the govt. 25% of revenue or negotiate in someway. But these boy geniuses aren't that smart. They'd rather fight all the way.... and have the govt. close the entire operation for good.

The govt. only sticks their nose in deals in which... you're making WAY TOO MUCH CASH FLOW. And they want a piece of the pie. They've always done this.

Love to see the outcome of this.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    If that's what you want to believe... more power to you. That's not what this investigation is about. It's deciding whether or not it's legal or illegal under U.S. Federal Law.
    It is 100% legal. That may change, but the DOJ and FBI enforce the law. Right now they're looking for criminal activity. DK/FD will be no match for the DOJ.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

If these C.E.O.'s had any brains whatsoever... they'd give the govt. 25% of revenue or negotiate in someway. But these boy geniuses aren't that smart. They'd rather fight all the way.... and have the govt. close the entire operation for good.

The govt. only sticks their nose in deals in which... you're making WAY TOO MUCH CASH FLOW. And they want a piece of the pie. They've always done this.

Stick to Sandy Hook conspiracy theories, TMS. You're ranting.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

My thoughts exactly. Pay to play. Uncle Sam will always come for his pound of flesh if not. Anything someone finds to exploit high margins from the govt will come knocking.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

No way they get shut down. These sites provide millions in tax dollars, and more importantly - they provide millions to NFL, NBA, ESPN, etc. Hell, even guys like Robert Kraft are partial owners of these sites.

No way they get shut down like the poker sites. Poker sites were scamming customers with money, unable to pay out, and most importantly they were hiding tax money for Uncle Sam. FanDuel and Draft Kings are paying their dues.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoeSedway

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

im surprised they took this long lmao

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    suckers play fantasy

Hey I won $10 last week and only spent 9 hrs researching my teams
    I'd say that's better than losing $7000 on a football game. Maybe you found your true calling. We know it's not handicapping.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    It is 100% legal. That may change, but the DOJ and FBI enforce the law. Right now they're looking for criminal activity. DK/FD will be no match for the DOJ.
    Show me legitimate proof to back your theory that it's 100% Legal? The govt. never claimed it was legal. That was the C.E.O.'s opinion that it was a "game of skill."

Rule #1 - If you must put $ upfront... to win money. It's considered gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    No way they get shut down. These sites provide millions in tax dollars, and more importantly - they provide millions to NFL, NBA, ESPN, etc. Hell, even guys like Robert Kraft are partial owners of these sites.

No way they get shut down like the poker sites. Poker sites were scamming customers with money, unable to pay out, and most importantly they were hiding tax money for Uncle Sam. FanDuel and Draft Kings are paying their dues.
    Federal govt. doesn't care about Tax Revenue. They care about control. If you are breaking the law... under their guidelines... they close you down.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

The govt will not shut them down because they make a lot of money for the NFL plus they allow people to gamble without actually gambling. So they can allow gambling without allowing it. Everything in the US is a scam these days. They will maybe fine them and say they are taking the appropriate steps.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I read the article on the WSJ site, they are investigating the moving of money between players and the sites, it seems to me they have already came to the conclusion that it's gambling. It also said they would be contacting players about depositing and withdrawing money, which to me says they need/want players to turn on the fantasy sites JMO

Later
    Last edited by capitalist pig; 10-16-15 at 07:02 AM.

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Show me legitimate proof to back your theory that it's 100% Legal? The govt. never claimed it was legal. That was the C.E.O.'s opinion that it was a "game of skill."

Rule #1 - If you must put $ upfront... to win money. It's considered gambling.
    You might as well shut down wall street and all the other stock market or trading markets while you are at it then.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

We should all be rooting for DFS, because its legality can't hurt, but only help to make positive strides towards legalizing online poker. Online poker is a positive step towards legalizing sports gambling. Fingers crossed.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Jesus, get a fkn clue

SharpAngles

LOL read the UIEGA and tell me if you find a carve out for fantasy football. The NFL spent millions getting that exemption put in there.

The investigation has been going on for weeks and involves "insider trading" accusations. FBI and DOJ want to know why the sites biggest winners are employees of the competitors.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

I don't care if they get shut down or not. I just wish they could force them to stop the commercials. Holy fukk, enough is enough. If I haven't sent you any money after 437,998 commercials, a million more isn't going to work.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    I don't care if they get shut down or not. I just wish they could force them to stop the commercials. Holy fukk, enough is enough. If I haven't sent you any money after 437,998 commercials, a million more isn't going to work.
    But Veggie,

They offer such an awesomely generous $200 bonus(oops, they forgot to mention the 100x rollover in the ads but still. $200 big ones!).

How could you say no?

jjgold

whole thread

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

$349

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    whole thread
    you comment on every thread about fanduel. relax. top 20% wins money. if you can never come in the top 20% then you probably don't know much about that sport.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    LOL read the UIEGA and tell me if you find a carve out for fantasy football. The NFL spent millions getting that exemption put in there.

The investigation has been going on for weeks and involves "insider trading" accusations. FBI and DOJ want to know why the sites biggest winners are employees of the competitors.
    So what you're saying is... there is "written proof" in a document that NFL Fantasy Football is considered a game of skill and not considered gambling according to the U.S. Government? Show me the proof. Also, show me proof the NFL wanted "fantasy sports."

Throughout the many years... people have always played Fantasy sports hush hush for numerous reasons. Just like wagering on games offshore. Because of Fan Duel and Draft Kings extensive boisterous advertising plan... caused red flags. You think the govt. cares about a company's "inside trading"? They don't give a sh#$ about that. Regardless of who wins or what... that individual has to file winnings on their personal income tax. IRS will get there's.

Govt. knows this has got out of hand... and they are putting their foot in the door to see how the entire operation is being ran.... and how much $ they are bringing in. That's all it is...

All I'm saying is... I would take my $ out if I played at either company. No telling what will happen next.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by charcoalbbq View Post
    You might as well shut down wall street and all the other stock market or trading markets while you are at it then.
    I see where you're coming from. I understand what you mean. Stock Market is the legal form of gambling... according to U.S. Law.

jjgold

Nothing will come of this just some publicity

Maybe regs down the road

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

So what you're saying is... there is "written proof" in a document that NFL Fantasy Football is considered a game of skill and not considered gambling according to the U.S. Government? Show me the proof. Also, show me proof the NFL wanted "fantasy sports."
    Imagine if you had enough of a brain to use google.

The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 (UIGEA), which generally prohibits Internet gambling, specifically exempts fantasy sports games, educational games, or any online contest that "has an outcome that reflects the relative knowledge of the participants, or their skill at physical reaction or physical manipulation (but not chance), and, in the case of a fantasy or simulation sports game, has an outcome that is determined predominantly by accumulated statistical results of sporting events, including any non-participant's individual performances in such sporting events..." This only applies when prizes are pre-determined in advance, and their value are not influenced by the number of participants or how much they must pay to enter.[33][32][34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_..._United_States

jjgold

Bottom line

It's a penny game

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    We should all be rooting for DFS, because its legality can't hurt, but only help to make positive strides towards legalizing online poker. Online poker is a positive step towards legalizing sports gambling. Fingers crossed.
    agreed x 100000000

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Im going to donk off my last $14 on there this weekend. I gave it a $25 deposit, no big deal. DFS just isn't for me. I don't want to have to worry about $$$$ being locked up for a few years again like I am dealing with now with Full Tilt Poker. Although I am supposed to get my remaining FTP $$$ at the end of the month

SharpAngles

Even the most politically challenged online poker player knows enough to wish a lump of coal in Bill Frist's stocking this year. But surprisingly few are aware at just how pivotal the NFL was in ramming the UIGEA into last minute "must pass" legislation. With the shock of the bill's passage, followed by the many aftershocks as online poker sites withdrew from the US, many missed Geoff Earle's scintillating New York Post article outlining the NFL's role in the passage of the UIGEA entitled, "NFL Makes Fantasy Pass."

Apparently the NFL hired big buck lobbyist Marty Gold, (not coincidently) former counsel to Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, to push through the UIGEA (again not coincidently) which exempted fantasy football. If the lobbyist wasn't enough, both the current NFL Chairman Roger Goodell and past chairman Paul Tagliabue wrote Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John Warner (R-Va.) in an attempt to sway him to tag the UIGEA onto "must pass" defense spending legislation. When Warner balked, they threw their weight behind Frist's last ditch attempt at tacking it onto the Safe Port Bill.

It is not surprising that the NFL was backing anti-gaming legislation. The NFL has been almost rabid in its stance on gambling. In the past, the NFL has even gone so far as to forbid NBC from running promos for its "Las Vegas" television series on its Sunday night football broadcasts. The NFL knows that nothing destroys the integrity of a sport more than a cheating scandal. Their argument is that where there is gambling, there is a lot of money. Where there is a lot of money, there is incentive for cheating. Their fear is suffering a major backlash like those that followed the NCAA basketball's point shaving scandals or the 1919 Baseball "Black Sox" World Series.

I agree with the NFL on at least one point; money can be corrupting. But to me, the NFL has proved that by their own curious actions. If this was only about principle and prevention, the NFL would have pushed the UIGEA without the fantasy football carve-out. But you see, the NFL makes a lot of money off of fantasy football. The NFL runs its own fantasy football site and receives royalties from other fantasy football sites. The second and third largest fantasy football websites are cbssportline.com and espn.com. Both sites are owned by networks that pay the NFL $1.7 billion in contracts to televise NFL games.

Nelson Rose recently said of the fantasy football exemption, "It doesn't seem to be consistent. It doesn't make sense to me given how antigambling the pro and college sports have always been." Another attorney specializing in gaming and the internet, Anthony Cabot, also has consistency issues with the carve-out, "Why is sports gambling unlawful and fantasy sports legal? Is there a real difference between rooting for Tony Romo to throw a bunch of touchdown passes and rooting for the Dallas Cowboys to win?" Why of course there is; the NFL makes money on the former and not on the latter.
    http://www.pokernews.com/news/2006/1...-christmas.htm

All I'm saying is... I would take my $ out if I played at either company. No telling what will happen next.
    100%

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by badgerguy View Post
    I don't want to have to worry about $$$$ being locked up for a few years again like I am dealing with now with Full Tilt Poker. Although I am supposed to get my remaining FTP $$$ at the end of the month
    Good luck Badger. I got an email yesterday telling me the same thing

12 Last