Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Red Wings +2500 to win the Stanley Cup

This is the best Red Wings team in 7 or 8 years. The Wings are the fastest team in the NHL. With the additions of Green Richards and drafting Larkin (who will be the rookie of the year for sure), the wings are finally in a prime spot here, especially with the Blackhawks regressing. Blackhawks made some mistakes letting some guys walk and it will hurt them. They were lined up to be a dynasty and now I'm not so sure. Nyquist and Tatar are the two best 25 year old players in the NHL. They are future all stars in this league. Zetterberg looks better than he has in 2 years and Franzen is finally back. Wings still have the best 2 way hockey player in the NHL in Pavel Datysuk, no matter his age. He can't be stopped. His moves are ridiculous.

It's a good thing that Bobcock is gone because I know for a fact that the players in Detroit were sick of him. There's a new voice in the locker room and the players really respect him. He is the same guy that trained Nyquist, Tatar and others before they rose to the NHL. This is a complete team now, with some serious speed. Guys like Helm are invaluable and are Chicago's version of Saad (who they made a mistake releasing).

These guys are going to be tough to beat this year no matter who is in net. Most likely Jimmy Howard will be the guy in the playoffs. One thing that could hurt them is their lack of size, but with the speed they now have and finallly getting a skill defenseman in Green who isn't just an enforcer like Kronwall or Stuart, you really have the makings of probably the best offensive team in the national hockey league.

This will of course be a test of health. If Datysuk or Zetty go down before playoffs, I will not be confident in my bet. But those guys don't miss the playoffs. Franzen is another key guy that needs to be able to play without suffering a concussion relapse. He is one of the top scorers in the NHL when healthy.

$100 on wings +2500 to win the Stanley Cup.
    Points Awarded:

ZdenoK gave Goat Milk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Hawks didn't have the cap space to keep guys like Sharp and Saad. This is a clear overreaction to their start. You're better at picking the favourite to win in the NBA. Also, waiting on your name and details regarding the post you made in the other thread about working with nba executives/owners. Also, LOL LARKIN rookie year of the year. Could name 8 guys ahead of him.

CanuckG

Also off the top of my head Steven Stamkos is the best 25 year old.

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

CanuckG

I also think Howard isn't even their best goalie but he has experience and I hope the guy can step up.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Hawks didn't have the cap space to keep guys like Sharp and Saad. This is a clear overreaction to their start. You're better at picking the favourite to win in the NBA. Also, waiting on your name and details regarding the post you made in the other thread about working with nba executives/owners. Also, LOL LARKIN rookie year of the year. Could name 8 guys ahead of him.
    I already gave you the names. When I'm done with what I'm working on, I will meet with them and present it again. I pick winners in the NBA, favorites or not. Miami were +180 against the Thunder int he finals in 2012 when all of you on SBR including you rode the Thunder. I remember.

Larkin will win rookie of the year. Let's revisit this thread in 3 months when things get heated.

I'm not even paying attention to the regular season now. I have no idea how many games the Hawks have won. All I know is that letting go of Sharp and Saad was a mistake and those are crucial pieces in a dynasty run you just can't let go. These games in the reg season mean nothing to me. I know Hawks and Wings will both be in the playoffs no matter what. 100%.

Stamkos -- I had no idea the guy was 25. Seems like he's been in the league for 8 or 9 years.

Howard will be fine trust me.

The team was sick of Babcock. That's been holding them back.

Don't forget this is the same team that was up 3-1 to CHicago 2 or 3 years ago and choked the series away. Chicago went on to win the cup I believe. Detroit has gotten a ton better this year compared to that team.

We'll see bro.

CanuckG

Good luck. Actually I don't bet series in the nba, not my thing. Just underdogs in certain spots. Who is winning this year?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

They looking strong. No more shootouts help the wings also. Record was horrible in shootouts

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Eichel will be Rookie of Year

As I said in your other thread as long as Howard starting don't think he is enough to win cup

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Detroit played 2 home games already... big deal. I want to see how well the play on the Road. That's the most important factor in being dominant.

Most dangerous team is Montreal early... 4-0 on the Road. Haven't played a Home game yet.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Detroit played 2 home games already... big deal. I want to see how well the play on the Road. That's the most important factor in being dominant.

Most dangerous team is Montreal early... 4-0 on the Road. Haven't played a Home game yet.
    Add to that they have beaten Carolina and Toronto. Yes the Tampa win was nice but long ways to go. See if they can stay healthy which has been a major issue

Goat Milk

Regular season means nothing to me. I don't care how they play on the road. At some point guys like Zetterberg and Datysuk say "enough is enough, we're bored, let's just get to the playoffs"

Howard is good enough. No one thought Crawford would be good enough to win all those cups.

CanuckG

Crawford also had a Norris winner and stanley cup mvp infront of him paired alongside another former olympian as his linemate. Their defense was deep.

Goat Milk

Crawford also had a Norris winner and stanley cup mvp infront of him paired alongside another former olympian as his linemate. Their defense was deep.
    True Seabrook and Keith are probably the best defensive duo I've ever seen

BigAlB
    BigAlB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Not that their aren't a lot of other great reasons why Detroit won't take it this year, but even listing chicago regressing is inaccurate. Have you seen their new look second line with panarin and teuroveinun?

BigAlB
    BigAlB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I will agree many are underappreciating Larkin.. Let me guess you watched the toronto game closely? You could make an argument for many calder candidates. If anyone was watching Domi last night it would be hard to argue he doesn't have a chance. But then there is the other argument, the logical one. Which is that it's been 4-5 games into the season and this is boosted speculation. If you wanna see how weird 3 games can go look at pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin both pointless.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlB View Post
    Not that their aren't a lot of other great reasons why Detroit won't take it this year, but even listing chicago regressing is inaccurate. Have you seen their new look second line with panarin and teuroveinun?
    No I haven't watched them play at all this year but I know teuroveinun is good. He played in the playoffs last year and did well I think. Let's be real though. Coaches have to gameplan for a guy like Patrick Sharp. He is a nightmare matchup when on his A game.... You don't replace a guy like that -- especially in the playoffs. I don't care what new young guy comes in. Chicago is still one of the teams to beat, but if they retained Saad and Sharp I would say they are easily the favorites. They also lost Richards to Detroit and Oduya to the Stars and those to moves hurt too. I'm just not an advocate of breaking up a nucleus in any sport if it's been working.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlB View Post
    I will agree many are underappreciating Larkin.. Let me guess you watched the toronto game closely? You could make an argument for many calder candidates. If anyone was watching Domi last night it would be hard to argue he doesn't have a chance. But then there is the other argument, the logical one. Which is that it's been 4-5 games into the season and this is boosted speculation. If you wanna see how weird 3 games can go look at pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin both pointless.
    No I haven't watched. I had a thread in the hockey forum before the season started saying Larkin would win Rookie of the year and the Wings and asked Do the Red Wings have the best roster in the NHL? I'm just looking at it from a roster perspective....

Like I said, I don't care about regular season. I am an veteran sports viewer. Only rookies react after regular season games.

Bushay
    Bushay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1705

How about you name 4. Go.......

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    How about you name 4. Go.......
    McDavid, Eichel, Panarin and Reinhart. Domi and Ehlers on the outside looking in.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    This is the best Red Wings team in 7 or 8 years. The Wings are the fastest team in the NHL. With the additions of Green Richards and drafting Larkin (who will be the rookie of the year for sure), the wings are finally in a prime spot here, especially with the Blackhawks regressing. Blackhawks made some mistakes letting some guys walk and it will hurt them. They were lined up to be a dynasty and now I'm not so sure. Nyquist and Tatar are the two best 25 year old players in the NHL. They are future all stars in this league. Zetterberg looks better than he has in 2 years and Franzen is finally back. Wings still have the best 2 way hockey player in the NHL in Pavel Datysuk, no matter his age. He can't be stopped. His moves are ridiculous.

It's a good thing that Bobcock is gone because I know for a fact that the players in Detroit were sick of him. There's a new voice in the locker room and the players really respect him. He is the same guy that trained Nyquist, Tatar and others before they rose to the NHL. This is a complete team now, with some serious speed. Guys like Helm are invaluable and are Chicago's version of Saad (who they made a mistake releasing).

These guys are going to be tough to beat this year no matter who is in net. Most likely Jimmy Howard will be the guy in the playoffs. One thing that could hurt them is their lack of size, but with the speed they now have and finallly getting a skill defenseman in Green who isn't just an enforcer like Kronwall or Stuart, you really have the makings of probably the best offensive team in the national hockey league.

This will of course be a test of health. If Datysuk or Zetty go down before playoffs, I will not be confident in my bet. But those guys don't miss the playoffs. Franzen is another key guy that needs to be able to play without suffering a concussion relapse. He is one of the top scorers in the NHL when healthy.

$100 on wings +2500 to win the Stanley Cup.
    Wings could go far but won't win it.

MR Pekka replicates his golden years we could see predz going all the way

Lightening are just about solid in every department < certainty for finals, out of the two I mentioned for me. Ok sword get ya cawk back in san.

Outsiders hmmm isles or flames a good shout, as always will be rooting for the nuckheds best of luck this season goatie

Bushay

McDavid, Eichel, Panarin and Reinhart. Domi and Ehlers on the outside looking in.
    Ok well...thats a good start to your conversation but what are you basing your conclusions on? Points? Effectiveness? Impact? Reputation? Draft position? Value to the team? The 6 you mention all have a little of some of those. Just curious how you rated them as all better than Larkin.

CanuckG

Ok well...thats a good start to your conversation but what are you basing your conclusions on? Points? Effectiveness? Impact? Reputation? Draft position? Value to the team? The 6 you mention all have a little of some of those. Just curious how you rated them as all better than Larkin.
    All around value.

Bushay

All around value.
    LOL!

you lose

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

well played - wings all the way!!! gl

CanuckG

LOL!

you lose
    but the teams with those players win

Bushay

but the teams with those players win
    You're reasoning is compelling. ONly thing missing is you flinging the bat.

Vegas39

Think with Larkin he will be off top line once Datsyuk healthy. I think that will hurt him. Just my opinion

Bushay

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Think with Larkin he will be off top line once Datsyuk healthy. I think that will hurt him. Just my opinion
    Logical but I doubt they break up this Abdelkader-Z-Larkin line. Datsyuk simply centers the 2nd line. Line labeling is for the fans. He plays where he bests fits in.

Vegas39

Logical but I doubt they break up this Abdelkader-Z-Larkin line. Datsyuk simply centers the 2nd line. Line labeling is for the fans. He plays where he bests fits in.
    was simply basing it on what Wings announcers said was likely during game vs Leafs. He looked good in game I saw

TheMoneyShot

Regular season means nothing to me. I don't care how they play on the road. At some point guys like Zetterberg and Datysuk say "enough is enough, we're bored, let's just get to the playoffs"

Howard is good enough. No one thought Crawford would be good enough to win all those cups.
    How fresh do you think they will be after 82 games? They always fizzle out during the playoffs. Nothing new.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

I already gave you the names. When I'm done with what I'm working on, I will meet with them and present it again. I pick winners in the NBA, favorites or not. Miami were +180 against the Thunder int he finals in 2012 when all of you on SBR including you rode the Thunder. I remember.

Larkin will win rookie of the year. Let's revisit this thread in 3 months when things get heated.

I'm not even paying attention to the regular season now. I have no idea how many games the Hawks have won. All I know is that letting go of Sharp and Saad was a mistake and those are crucial pieces in a dynasty run you just can't let go. These games in the reg season mean nothing to me. I know Hawks and Wings will both be in the playoffs no matter what. 100%.

Stamkos -- I had no idea the guy was 25. Seems like he's been in the league for 8 or 9 years.

Howard will be fine trust me.

The team was sick of Babcock. That's been holding them back.

Don't forget this is the same team that was up 3-1 to CHicago 2 or 3 years ago and choked the series away. Chicago went on to win the cup I believe. Detroit has gotten a ton better this year compared to that team.

We'll see bro.
    They didn't have an option,they were over the cap limit,they weren't going to be able to resign Seabrook if they kept Saad.Saad wanted a big time pay raise. It would be nice to be able to keep all of your best players but it isn't logical with a Salary Cap.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i bet this kid wears a fancy watch icy chain ace hookers orders bottle service at the club

TheMoneyShot

Montreal beat Detroit