omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

Chuck Pagano Is Moronic - Refs Wanted Under

Let me first say that I had the over, but that alone is not enough to warrant a thread. This game was such an abomination to the name of football that I felt compelled to write about it.

Chuck Pagano is the most unimaginative, unoriginal, play-it-safe coach I have ever seen. I had forgotten since I rarely watch Colts games. Here is a typical Colts sequence.

Run. Gain 1 yard.
    Run. Gain 1 yard.
    Pass. Wait for Luck to bail you out.

Generally at some point in the second half, they will take the reins off of Luck a bit and he lights it up. And he will usually bail out their run-run-pass methodology by making some spectacular throw, which leads to two more runs and Luck being called again. I don't know what Pagano's reasons are; ball control, clock control, "balance", he is by far the dumbest coach I have ever seen. The entire Colts staff and team is one enormous bunch of idiotic, terrible players and coaches, all glossed over by the high-level talent of Luck. They are destroying his career and he is an idiot for staying with that organization and coach.

That said, in the beginning of this game, when it could have been broken wide open, the refs clearly wanted the under. Everything was about stalling and slowing down the Colts.

Jets are improved now that loudmouth Rex & his terrible QB are gone. Fitzpatrick will be passable, but go nowhere if they ever reach the post-season.

And I don't care who you are or how AMAZING your defense is, there is absolutely ZERO excuse for 0 points after almost three quarters. Luck flinging up interceptions left and right. Just downright pitiful, shitty play from the Colts. How this team manages to have what many other teams crave - a franchise quarterback - and are STILL driving their entire organization straight into the ground is a national abomination and travesty.

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Refs wanted the under??

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

Quote Originally Posted by KingHutch View Post
    Refs wanted the under??
    he means the early 1st quarter holding calls on the o-line when Gore kept breaking 20+ yard runs on 1st downs... they were those very iffy plays where refs can decide whether they want to let it go, or call it... stuff o-lineman commit on every run play for every team in the league pretty much

if the Colts were "known" as a better running team i bet the refs would have not called all of them... it seems if you are supposed to be a bad run team and you are busting runs then they get out the flag more often, it's weird. i notice it in other games too. i saw more blatant holding from both the packers and seahawks on SNF where flags never appeared

oh well

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Sports betting, drug use, and holding should be legalized...

It would solve a lot of our problems!