Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

I also thought it weird in play. So if you give up a first down you can just foul an opposing player to stop the clock?

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Yes, doesn't always stop, I'm still confused on the running out of bounds though, sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't.
    Running out of bounds only stops the clock if its under 5 minutes to go in the half and you are running forwards or sideways they usually give it to you. If you are pushed out going backwards or catch the ball coming backwards and go out of bounds the ref will keep winding the clock.

EdwardHaney
    EdwardHaney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3105

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Yes, doesn't always stop, I'm still confused on the running out of bounds though, sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't.
    If that rule is correct, than I will sleep better. But it's a terrible rule.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Expect to see a lot of personal fouls from teams who need to stop the clock this season. It will be the same hole in the rule that was exposed when players were going down faking injury to stop the clock. They fixed that but this new one is another flaw.

EdwardHaney
    EdwardHaney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3105

The clocks stops when you run out of bounds, but only momentarily, and then the clock winds again. If you run out of bounds with under 2:00 to go in the 1st Half, or under 5:00 to go in the 2nd Half, I believe it stops until the next snap.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

obviously the Giants are garbage again
    and if the Cowboys only had less reckless turnovers
    this one would have been a 21+ point blowout.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

They had 1 good drive all game and it was the final one when they played faster. I don't get this hold the ball and milk the clock then stall out in the redzone and kick a fg. I think playing slow is more a detriment to the offence personally

Scoring points and winning the game > time of possession

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

If my team was as clueless as the Giants were in the final drive, I woulld have used a timeout to get their heads in the game. They had all 3 timeouts remaining. Then there is stupid fuk Eli, hurrying the snap so he would ensure he left ample time on the clock for his opponent to win. It is funny to me how a few pounds in a ball got the public in an uproar, but something as strange as this ending to a game isn't a problem. I love the fact that the betting public has no care about getting played. How many people are employed by each team to watch and keep an eye on the clock and time manage the seconds at the end of the game? I'm going to guess atleast two dedicated to just that job. The NFL is huge business. Nothing is ever done when there is a debacle of this magnitude. No heads roll nothing happens? Anyone seeing coverage of what the fuk were the Giants doing? Probably not. But make a federal case over a few pounds of air. That's you America prosecute the fuk out of a guy that says a racial slur or anti-sematic crap, but slap the sex offenders on the wrist. Glad I'm 50 with a heart condition so I don't have to witness this retarded shyt for much longer. Opps I said retard, I'm on my way to jail. C'mon MAN!!

First ... 4567