deadstare's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

ROMOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by deadstare View Post

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    Its just insane that when LB and JJ choose the same team, they always lose.

Also throwing on the 3rd down was idiotic. THats 40 more seconds you give them.
    if you throw on 3rd down you HAVE to go for it on 4th down. how can they beat that dumb not to get the touchdown LOL

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Also, earlier in the drive they kept snapping it with lots of time on clock. They had no business leaving the Cowboys all that time. It's like they wanted to lose.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Manning screwed up by not taking the sack, but the call was awful. He could have blindsided and fumbled. You don't even drop back there. Just pound the ball up the middle.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Cris collinsworth sounds like he's j*akcing off in the booth to Romo....thats why I usually don't watch sunday night football 50% of the time its dallas and they always cream themselves on Tony Romo

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

whats wrong with the forum, no posts about cowboys or giants, or romo, or the bad playcalling of giants, wtf

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

9/13/15 8:30pm NFL Football 487 New York Giants +265* vs Dallas Cowboys
    9/13/15 8:30pm NFL Football 487 New York Giants +6 +107* vs Dallas Cowboys
    9/13/15 8:30pm NFL Football 487 New York Giants/Dallas Cowboys Over 52 -110*

eli....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    if you throw on 3rd down you HAVE to go for it on 4th down. how can they beat that dumb not to get the touchdown LOL
    That I wouldn't do. It's a ton easier to get TD than FG. The mistake is that you have to make sure the clock runs down there.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

So they let romo throw and march down field in easy fashion. That's always been the case. Did something change over his time here that makes Dallas think otherwise

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Romo makes it look too easy.

Giants

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Seattle Slew

Once they passed, you had to go on 4th. No way you give Romo that much time with decent field position.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I'm not sure why Coughlin decided to throw the ball with 1:28 left on the 1 yard line when the Cowboys had no timeouts. But as a Cowboy ML bettor, I'd like to thank him.

Unbelievable comeback.

Giants were +3 on turnovers
    Still lost

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I think you have to blame the O.C. first and foremost, even if Eli didn't scramble still a chance of throw and incomplete, just run, u either score or waste 40 seconds, how hard of a decision is that.
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-13-15 at 10:52 PM.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

If the Giants secure the first down and decline the offsides, does not that allow the playclock to tick away?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Brutal ....right after that int return I took dallas -150 large then the int on the next play
    Not going to lie I was pretty pissed about this but it worked out

jtoler

The old NFL prevent defense, seems to never work with a buck thirty left.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not sure it wasn't the right thing to just throw it away like Eli did....the playcall was risky to say the least.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Even if it's to trick then once Manning sees there is no throw, then just slide down. Even if they lose 10 yards it's still an easy FG.
    Thats a good point. Throwing it away was the worst decision he could have made. Also, he could have risked an INT by throwing it like he did. Just beyond stupid playcalling.

Honestly the Giants passing on the 1 was dumber than the Seahawks doing it in the Super Bowl.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Eli has 2 rings but I guarantee Peyton would've known the situation and changed to a run or took the sack and ran the clock. Inexecusable loss for NY tonite. This game was over

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

No matter how much time was on the clock the giants still needed to D up and they let them break off 15-20 yd pass plays through some soft ass prevent

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    That I wouldn't do. It's a ton easier to get TD than FG. The mistake is that you have to make sure the clock runs down there.
    no thats wrong.

either you are bleeding clock to get your field goal or

you punch it in and seal the game.

WHEN THEY DECIDED TO PASS ON 3RD DOWN, the field goal was taken out of the equation and it was touchdown or nothing. my gawd are people this dumb

Ra77er

No because taking a sack is not automatic 3 points still. Every yard matters, these kickers are unreliable from college on up these days. I'm pretty sure Vinateri missed (easy) ones today and the guy from Yaksonville as well.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Had em all the way 3 grand rich thanks
    Lakerboy never in doubt

BXbomber11
    BXbomber11's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's amazing is the giants ended the game with all three timeouts considering their defense was non existent the last two drives.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Its Mannings fault....He opted to throw it away instead of taking a sack which wouldve ran 40 secs off the clock
    Plus, the Giants just made Eli the 4th highest paid QB in the league (from ages 35-38). They are going nowhere for the next 4 years.

Seattle Slew

No, the clock stops on all penalties. Dallas caught a break. If they weren't offsides, they would have burned the second TO there.

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    If the Giants secure the first down and decline the offsides, does not that allow the playclock to tick away?

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    No because taking a sack is not automatic 3 points still. Every yard matters, these kickers are unreliable from college on up these days. I'm pretty sure Vinateri missed (easy) ones today and the guy from Yaksonville as well.
    guess you missed last years Super Bowl. interceptions, turnovers happen...if you are calling a pass, you intend to throw. if you intend to throw you obviously DONT care about clock management considering incompletions. damn i should be a coach, even fools on here don't understand

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

One of Romo's picks (maybe both...can't remember) were just juggled passes to a receiver. I'm no Cowboys fan and I doubt Romo ever wins a SB but he led the NFL in passer rating last yr and did his best to get them a W in Lambeau last year in the playoffs and he was pretty damn clutch tonite!!

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    No, the clock stops on all penalties. Dallas caught a break. If they weren't offsides, they would have burned the second TO there.
    I don't think it does.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Why did the clock stop when Dallas commited a personal foul to allow the first down. The Giants had just run a play that was short and the clock was ticking. When the Dallas lad hit flowers that stopped the clock. This is a flaw In the rule and will encourage more personal fouls as a way of stopping clock.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

If the game clock is stopped after a down in which there was a foul by either team, following enforcement or declination of a penalty, the game clock will start as if the foul had not occurred, except that the clock will start on the snap if:
    1. the foul occurs after the two-minute warning of the first half
    2. the foul occurs inside the last five minutes of the second half

EdwardHaney
    EdwardHaney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3105

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I'm not sure...Did the refs get this wrong or am I getting it wrong? Either this is a horrible rule, or I am wrong...Look...the Giants completed a 16-yard pass to Beckham for a first down, and declined the penalty on the play. The game clock should have winded on the whistle, in my opinion, unless Dallas took a timeout (which they didn't). I'm kinda shocked nobody is making a big deal out of this. It changed the outcome of the game. I didn't bet on this game, I'm just confused.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    If the game clock is stopped after a down in which there was a foul by either team, following enforcement or declination of a penalty, the game clock will start as if the foul had not occurred, except that the clock will start on the snap if:
    1. the foul occurs after the two-minute warning of the first half
    2. the foul occurs inside the last five minutes of the second half
    Yes, doesn't always stop, I'm still confused on the running out of bounds though, sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardHaney View Post
    I'm not sure...Did the refs get this wrong or am I getting it wrong? Either this is a horrible rule, or I am wrong...Look...the Giants completed a 16-yard pass to Beckham for a first down, and declined the penalty on the play. The game clock should have winded on the whistle, in my opinion, unless Dallas took a timeout (which they didn't). I'm kinda shocked nobody is making a big deal out of this. It changed the outcome of the game. I didn't bet on this game, I'm just confused.

Yes I agree with you. The Giants declined the offsides so the clock should've ran. Instead they stopped the clock. The clock seemed to be stopping on every play on the Giants drive for one thing or another.

Ra77er

guess you missed last years Super Bowl. interceptions, turnovers happen...if you are calling a pass, you intend to throw. if you intend to throw you obviously DONT care about clock management considering incompletions. damn i should be a coach, even fools on here don't understand

Teams have done a better job to take that away these days...obviously running there is the best option but everyone knows that. Going for the jugular on the road with a playcall is not "always" a terrible result. Peoples brains are wired to remember the bad beats.

Having said that I would've ran Marshawn in the SB and today along with this spot if I were the coach but I can see the value of trying to get an easy pitch and catch to the TE, FB leaking out in the flats to seal the deal. Dallas was ready for it and defended it well and Manning should've taken the sack to keep the clock rolling but the second best option to keep points on the table is to throw it away there.

First ... 34567 Last