habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Fade the Cubs today

I'm not a professional or anything but my line of thinking here is that it's tough to sweep a back 2 back double header on the road. Too much home field advantage to overcome and the starters will be gassed after game 1, leaving the door wide open for anything. Last time Arrieta lost was against, drum roll... the Phillies. Last time Arrieta gave up a HR, was against the Phils also. We're getting +240 game 1 and +180 game 2. If win game 1 stop, if lose game 1 double up on game 2. Cubs have all the pressure on them, in the middle of trying to catch the Cardinals for the division or at least catching the Pirates for home field in the WC game. Phillies will be swinging easy. The Cubs haven't played a game since they lost that heart breaker to the Cardinals on Wednesday afternoon, so they've had plenty of time to let that fester in their minds and wreck them psychologically. Even a blind dog finds a bone once in awhile. Who's with me? If you're not with me then why? I'm open to hearing thoughts.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Jake is rated as the second best pitcher in all of MLB. There is a reason for that, because he is. He knows what's at stake for his team, and himself. Philly sucks, flat out. They already announced today "sweeping" changes in their front office, no kidding , LOL. Pro's don't sit around and cry & whine because they lost a game. Hell, even division winners lose approximately 70.
    I wish you best of luck. I never let the line scare me away if you ever read any of my posts. It's just that in this situation I see no value too laying 100. 00 shall we say. Doubt Philly wins game one.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

The cubs lost to a no hitter by hamels but hes. Ranger now. Philly lost 12 of 16. Offense is putrid. Anything can happen but arrietta is proly a 20 game winner and fighting for cy young. I agree price is to steep. But i parlayed cubs ml and wnb phnx ml. Bring down the price considerably.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Price is ev for the parlay. And if cubs win. You can buy l.a wnba for +186. And chop up the parlay. Still taking a ok profit either way

habitualwinning

I know about the roll Arrieta is on but even the best lose occasionally, especially on the road. I can remember in years past when Lee and Halladay on the Phils for instance were around -300 and they didn't win every game. Even the best pitchers in baseball still usually only have about a 2.5-1 or at best 3-1 W-L ratio on the season. Do you guys expect Arrieta to just win every game the rest of the season and the Cubs will win the WS? What about a scenario where he gets a no decision and Philly wins late off the Cubs bullpen? Remember my strategy isn't that I don't like Arrieta, it's that I don't like the Cubs winning 2 back to back games in the same day on the road. This isn't a split doubleheader, it's literally back 2 back.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

What we are saying, and you are not listening is. that Philly sucks and doesn't care, which is even worse. Plus, you mentioned if they lose game 1, double up game 2??? Talk about chasing a wild goose?? Man you better sit down and have some " Grey Goose".

MickeyTheKid
    MickeyTheKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 52

Take the mets and the cubs in a parley and avoid your troubles

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    What we are saying, and you are not listening is. that Philly sucks and doesn't care, which is even worse. Plus, you mentioned if they lose game 1, double up game 2??? Talk about chasing a wild goose?? Man you better sit down and have some " Grey Goose".
    If Philly doesn't care then why do they have 54 wins this season, why not 0? And Serena lost to an unseeded player today at the U.S. Open and she was the #1 seed and gigantic favorite to win, so even the best fall down once in awhile, that's all I'm saying. You guys can laugh at me, crack jokes or whatever if the Cubs sweep the double header. I'm going with what I said in my OP. Cubs are the most overrated current playoff team in the NL right now. 3rd in their own division.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    If Philly doesn't care then why do they have 54 wins this season, why not 0? And Serena lost to an unseeded player today at the U.S. Open and she was the #1 seed and gigantic favorite to win, so even the best fall down once in awhile, that's all I'm saying. You guys can laugh at me, crack jokes or whatever if the Cubs sweep the double header. I'm going with what I said in my OP. Cubs are the most overrated current playoff team in the NL right now. 3rd in their own division.
    I'm actually ok with you chasing Phillies. To each their own. But to say they are over rated because they are 3rd in their division is silly. 4th best record in majors I believe. Hard to be over rated with that record this late in season........

drthethird
    drthethird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 884

If your so confident post your pick you big fat vagina

drthethird

1 9/11/15 12:59pm $100.00 $506.19 Pending 3 Team Parlay
    Pending 9/11/15 9:00pm College Football 305 Utah State 1st Half +7 -115* vs Utah
    Pending 9/11/15 7:10pm MLB Baseball 921 Detroit Tigers 1st 5 Innings -103* vs Cleveland Indians (J Verlander - R must Start C Anderson - R must Start)
    Pending 9/11/15 5:05pm MLB Baseball 931 Chicago Cubs 1st 5 Innings -½ -155* vs Philadelphia Phillies (J Arrieta - R must Start A Morgan - L must Start)

MickeyTheKid

I bet by numbers , statistics and odds I increase my chances of winning that way ,
    Who has a better pitcher ? Cubs
    What team is hitying better ? Cubs
    What team is fighting for something ? Cubs
    All signs point to the cubs being a way more dominant team ,
    Phillies winning is a longshot , i mean god theylost against atlanta , i mean if there was 9 blue marbles and 1 red one in a bag will i bet that i can pull out that one read one ? Hell no but as you said anything can happen i wish you luck man i hope the phillies do win the cubs and you get some nice bankroll i guess i just dont have the balls to bet for the philles good luck tho man

RRNJ13
    RRNJ13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

I think you take the cubs RL game 1 than watch game 2 I wouldn't take philly especially game 1 I think the cubs roll somethink like 9 -2 and if the philly pen gets used up in game 1 I would want philly in game 2 but it might be a play on the over

drthethird

Again post your pick or stfu you big fat vagina

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Instead of playing the Cubs at a fat number, I played Phillies TT under 3.5 -115. If it loses, good chance the Cubs play would lose.

The series in Chicago was the last time the Cubs played bad. I hate trying to catch the falling knife. Anything can happen as the Cards and Pitt lost last night.

To post that the Cubs are the most overrated playoff team just sounds dumb.

beewizer
    beewizer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2681

I clearly remember Cubs being swept by Phillies in July. Many people here (including me) lost money, cursed Cubs and ranted to never ride the Cubs train again. I'm sticking to that.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by beewizer View Post
    I clearly remember Cubs being swept by Phillies in July. Many people here (including me) lost money, cursed Cubs and ranted to never ride the Cubs train again. I'm sticking to that.
    The Arrieta train has been gold for 2 years now. The prices are finally what they should be now.

FlyinNhigh24
    FlyinNhigh24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

ill take them live now tho at -105 down 1-0 bot 3rd
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: celticsboy

celticsboy
    celticsboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1621

if arrieta loses to the phillies again. i will never watch baseball again. The phillies are terrible.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by celticsboy View Post
    if arrieta loses to the phillies again. i will never watch baseball again. The phillies are terrible.

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

-105 is a good price

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

cubs dont care just like the cardinals and the pirates

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    -105 is a good price
    Cubs bye bye

LtDarsh
    LtDarsh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4029

just keep it under 7 +105

FlyinNhigh24
    FlyinNhigh24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Cubs bye bye
    dont hate tony

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinNhigh24 View Post
    dont hate tony
    I'm sorry

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Fade the Cubs? They just went up 4-1 and ended the game.

drthethird

Where is this habitual guy at???? I want to see his posted plays or at least his double down on the second game.

MickeyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by LtDarsh View Post
    just keep it under 7 +105
    Are you sweating bro ? Lol goodluck man

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Jake is rated as the second best pitcher in all of MLB. There is a reason for that, because he is. He knows what's at stake for his team, and himself. Philly sucks, flat out. They already announced today "sweeping" changes in their front office, no kidding , LOL. Pro's don't sit around and cry & whine because they lost a game. Hell, even division winners lose approximately 70.
    I wish you best of luck. I never let the line scare me away if you ever read any of my posts. It's just that in this situation I see no value too laying 100. 00 shall we say. Doubt Philly wins game one.
    Well, you still have a shot, I guess. GL.

LtDarsh
    LtDarsh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4029

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyTheKid View Post
    Are you sweating bro ? Lol goodluck man
    yup hoping for a push at worst

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Haha fade the Cubs this forum is priceless what's the point fading the Cubs I just don't understand this forum are u guys working for the books to get people to lose real moneg
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave mikefan1034 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are wiping out books

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

These young Cubs hitters are so damn good.

Kyle Schwaber has the closest swing to Babe Ruth since Babe Ruth.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cops have a tremendous future unlike the Chicago Bulls and they have been bookie killers

12 Last