unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

coach told players to do it---no kid would do this on his own---high school kids are dumb, but student atheletes have to have reasonable amount of respect for adults.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    coach told players to do it---no kid would do this on his own---high school kids are dumb, but student atheletes have to have reasonable amount of respect for adults.
    If that's true, you can bet it will come out. Kids won't lie to protect coach.

Someone should be going to jail for this.

Codone69
    Codone69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

If you never went to small schools who hire their own referees for the home games, you prob never will know the frustration that comes from being an athlete on the field who is getting "jobbed"! Many years ago in Missouri a small town team that had won back to back state titles was trying for the threepeat in the district finals in Cape Girardeau. ALL five starters had fouled out by the middle of the third quarter. No appeal, no recourse--just local team moves on. At the University of Missouri, basketball home games under Norm Stewart, were laughable experiences and many big name coaches said "we won't play there any more with Norm's crew" Unfortunately, for the rest of the BigEight. You couldn't opt out.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Ref should prosecute. Straight up criminal charges, easy.
    It would be misdemeanor assault though unless the Ref wanted to be an ass and visit doctors frequently and document/create injuries. The Ref should have yanked the guy's football helmet off and beat the punk's head soft. Make sure the mouth piece is out so he can remember how his own blood taste the next time he wanted to be a badass. This clown needs to do a couple of months in an open dorm medium+ correctional setting, that would mellow his mood a little or he would get knocked out in a pool of his own blood.

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Most referees in NFL are criminals. NFL players should learn from these kids!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Its assault.

And on video.

Easy.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Codone69 View Post
    If you never went to small schools who hire their own referees for the home games, you prob never will know the frustration that comes from being an athlete on the field who is getting "jobbed"! Many years ago in Missouri a small town team that had won back to back state titles was trying for the threepeat in the district finals in Cape Girardeau. ALL five starters had fouled out by the middle of the third quarter. No appeal, no recourse--just local team moves on. At the University of Missouri, basketball home games under Norm Stewart, were laughable experiences and many big name coaches said "we won't play there any more with Norm's crew" Unfortunately, for the rest of the BigEight. You couldn't opt out.
    Wow!! You must be from my childhood neck of the woods. u speak of the Lilbourn Panthers a 2A from the bootheel that was better than ALL the big schools 5A of St Louis or KC. Mythical Frankie Robinson, Treadwell, ** Ferrin if my memory serves me well. And yes, they were cheated at the local level of a chance to win 3 straight.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Maybe could have got away with the first hit as accidental. The second hit will seal their fate though. Could feasibly be a criminal assault matter too.
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    No excuse. Regardless what led up to that there is never an excuse to blindside hit someone trying to do their job. If he did something to deserve to be hit like that, do it like a man. I doubt those little shits ever graduate but I would be waiting there when they did and put them in the grave in front of their family. I seriously can't think of anything more pussy than that type of hit.
    If the kids have good lawyers they will stick with its an accident and say they liked the guy actually. If they establish motive, Foxx might be right. They can get hit with assault. They better hope he is ok. Then there is civil suit against their families?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Families probably broke

Most civil lawsuits end up in the garbage because lack of funds

Kid should go to jail

1 yr

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    It would be misdemeanor assault though unless the Ref wanted to be an ass and visit doctors frequently and document/create injuries. The Ref should have yanked the guy's football helmet off and beat the punk's head soft. Make sure the mouth piece is out so he can remember how his own blood taste the next time he wanted to be a badass. This clown needs to do a couple of months in an open dorm medium+ correctional setting, that would mellow his mood a little or he would get knocked out in a pool of his own blood.
    A charge is a charge. This is bookable. That would start their criminal history.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I read on Facebook last night that they ejected one of the players who hit the ref and a player who didn't hit the ref(I guess by accident) and then on the next play the guy who was supposed to be ejected had a late hit on the QB from the other team when he was taking a knee to end the game and got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The hit on the ref was because 2 of their players were ejected earlier in the game.

This was from someone who was at the game(supposedly)

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

what a bunch of oysters there is no such thing as an assault on a playing field

handle your fukkin business

unless somebody pulls out a pistol

then run just keep running

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

The opening scene from "The Last Boy Scout"
    Probably got a flag for that TD celebration!

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Roadtrip635

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I read on Facebook last night that they ejected one of the players who hit the ref and a player who didn't hit the ref(I guess by accident) and then on the next play the guy who was supposed to be ejected had a late hit on the QB from the other team when he was taking a knee to end the game and got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The hit on the ref was because 2 of their players were ejected earlier in the game.

This was from someone who was at the game(supposedly)
    Not sure I quite understand this, but it's irrelevant. There's no justification or explanation. The tape speaks for itself.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not sure I quite understand this, but it's irrelevant. There's no justification or explanation. The tape speaks for itself.
    Dude, I am not justifying anything. I am just laying out everything that went down. Everything that I read(and posted here) made what we seen on the video even worse.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

A charge is a charge. This is bookable. That would start their criminal history.
    Yes. In a few years they will be contracted nfl players. So best to start now.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I wish the 2nd kid didn't come in and drill the ref.

I'd love to see the outcome of just the single hit by the first kid.

First kid would of walked away with no punishment. You could of said it was just an accident. He tripped... etc.

Talk about whiplash. That ref took the biggest hit EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude is all watching the play in front of him... loose as a goose... and then... BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy is going to have back trouble for life.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Lucky no riot, they didn't target a black ref

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Lucky no riot, they didn't target a black ref
    2nd kid in was black. Could of been a racist hit.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Kids got what they deserved, and got ejected for life.

Ref probably got what he deserved too.

Don't see the outrage here. Win/Win

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Yes. In a few years they will be contracted nfl players. So best to start now.
    Explain that.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    white or black??
    havent watched the video but I'm sure we already know the answer

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Kids got what they deserved, and got ejected for life.

Ref probably got what he deserved too.

Don't see the outrage here. Win/Win
    Did they? If so I agree. While personally I would want more vengeance I think that punishment is fair.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

These two guys can't hit worth of shit.

Roadtrip635

Apparently the 2 kids were frustrated by several bad calls and racial slurs, the kids are Hispanic, the ref used towards them. An asst coach has been suspended pending investigation. He has been alleged to have said on the sideline "needs to pay for cheating us,"

The kids should have just waited and jumped that cheating ref's ass in the parking lot, like the old days.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't press charges on these little punks you could derail a kids life and really that's not my style now would I pay one of my high school level cousins to beat the crap out of them sure but that's just payback not going to hurt them long term other than pride and teach them a lesson. Pressing charges is weak as shit

teaserpleaser

which could set them on a horrible path...who in this thread didn't do something stupid that could be bookable in high school?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    If that's true, you can bet it will come out. Kids won't lie to protect coach.

Someone should be going to jail for this.
    sigh why?? because some kids who probably have craptastic male role models or lack of made a terrible decision? punishment Thinking like this is whats wrong with the states and why we have such high incarceration rates...if anybody should go to jail its the parents they failed these kids ....but nobody thinks that deep or cares just punish

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This story got national attention

Well they have to be done for year

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This is nothing. Refs in soccer get fcked up by players and fans on a daily basis. Guy needs to man up

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

As of today both players have been kicked from the team and suspended from school. The story keeps changing- first they did it because of a bad call against them, next they claimed their QB was ejected falsely so it led to the incident, followed by the assistant coach put them up to it, and now to get the empathy card pulled they are saying the referee made racial slurs.

Regardless of the reasoning, they were cheap shots and none of the excuses or explanations will serve them well in court if charges are brought. Nobody wins here.

Golf Fan 22
    A bad day of Golf still beats work
    Golf Fan 22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    not sure what high school students you are referring to. Back when i was in school we had zero respect for adults.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

im from San Antonio, this school has always been ghetto.

Roadtrip635

Just saw an update, the head umpire said that he spoke to the John Jay HC, before the hit, about the fact that the ref was using racial slurs against his players. The head ump told him, they would never do that and simply dismissed the claim. This could end up a lot uglier.

First 123 Last