Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Boyz, Is Charlie Strong The Worst Offensive Coach In College Football?

It boggles the mind how inept the Longhorns offense is......and always has been since he started there. The only Coach who might compete in offensive futility is Franklin from Penn State. Hard to watch.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Did you see that coksukker from Stanford today?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strong = defense which is kind of funny right since they just flashed a highlight of Texas looking horrible in defense

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Yeah they looked slow as fukk ...going to be a long year I think can't wait until they play oregon,ucla,or usc

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    It boggles the mind how inept the Longhorns offense is......and always has been since he started there. The only Coach who might compete in offensive futility is Franklin from Penn State. Hard to watch.
    he just got there last year and the program was in horrible shape when he arrived. i'm not saying that Strong will the savior for Texas and i've questioned his "fit" with the UT program since the beginning, but he deserves at least 3 full seasons before an honest judgment can be made. he is known as a good recruiter (at least within SEC country), so we'll just have to see a couple more of his classes.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    i think stanford as a team and jim harbaugh as a coach have been slowly coming down to earth since andrew luck left them both. could even argue harbaugh was winning with singletarys players and that went to shit after a couple years.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

you could argue that harbaugh won with singletarys players but you would be so incredibly wrong, team went to shit because the twin silver spoon ass ranger losers balke and york undermined him all year so they could fire him

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Texas is it embarrassment how did this program sink so low

teaserpleaser

Mack brown stopped getting the best kids in Texas...A&M,Baylor,tcu,smu all started to get good around that time and everybody else that dips in and takes kids from the state of Texas....but yeah I remember that shit Mack let the slippage start.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Texas hired a black coach

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    you could argue that harbaugh won with singletarys players but you would be so incredibly wrong, team went to shit because the twin silver spoon ass ranger losers balke and york undermined him all year so they could fire him
    they made all the players hate him too? he isnt missed one bit by one person in the entire organization. he is probably the overrated and overpaid coach going.

jayfly

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    they made all the players hate him too? he isnt missed one bit by one person in the entire organization. he is probably the overrated and overpaid coach going.
    a good coach is usually hated by most of his players, they love the new guy though lol, they are going to love him all the way to a 6-10 record

CWD
    Update your status

a good coach is usually hated by most of his players, they love the new guy though lol, they are going to love him all the way to a 6-10 record
    i need some names before i can continue

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    What happened to A&M then?

existential

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Mack brown stopped getting the best kids in Texas...A&M,Baylor,tcu,smu all started to get good around that time and everybody else that dips in and takes kids from the state of Texas....but yeah I remember that shit Mack let the slippage start.
    yes, that's a fair assessment. in addition, due to increased television exposure for even mid-majors, other schools even outside of Texas are having better luck plucking talent from the state.

Strong will sink or swim at UT based on his ability to develop his recruiting dept. i know he has good connections in the South East, but to be a great recruiter within the state of Texas, it's very much a grass roots thing where you need to have super close relationships with all the top-level state high school programs. it's really quite tricky from everything i've read over time.

jayfly

Belichick, Knight, Lombardi. 3 of the greatest coaches of all time. How's that for a start?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    yes, that's a fair assessment. in addition, due to increased television exposure for even mid-majors, other schools even outside of Texas are having better luck plucking talent from the state.

Strong will sink or swim at UT based on his ability to develop his recruiting dept. i know he has good connections in the South East, but to be a great recruiter within the state of Texas, it's very much a grass roots thing where you need to have super close relationships with all the top-level state high school programs. it's really quite tricky from everything i've read over time.
    For sure you hit it networking to be honest if I had to fix that mess I'd try and "blank check" coach Patterson @ Tcu he knows how to build a program, he did more with less he doesn't need top recruits and he has his texas recruiting pipelines "sorry charlie but we would like to keep you on as our defensive coordinator" same pay texas is good for it would have been fun to watch if they could land Saban...if Patterson turns it down coach briles from Baylor? Well respected in texas right the high school coach who made it big time... Both of those guys can fix Texas.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Texas is getting worse.

I find it funny that the following QBs wanted to goto Texas and Texas didn't offer them

Andrew Luck
    Johnny Manziel
    RGIII
    Jameis Winston
    TJ Barrett

existential

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    For sure you hit it networking to be honest if I had to fix that mess I'd try and "blank check" coach Patterson @ Tcu he knows how to build a program, he did more with less he doesn't need top recruits and he has his texas recruiting pipelines "sorry charlie but we would like to keep you on as our defensive coordinator" same pay texas is good for it would have been fun to watch if they could land Saban...if Patterson turns it down coach briles from Baylor? Well respected in texas right the high school coach who made it big time... Both of those guys can fix Texas.
    they already tried to poach both Briles and Patterson on numerous occasions over the last couple years when they were dragging their feet on firing Brown and after they finally did.

Todd Graham (ASU) is a native Texan and very close to UT's AD Steve Patterson (who came from ASU), but apparently there was a handshake agreement with ASU that he wouldn't bring Graham with him to UT. i'm not saying that Graham would be the right guy for UT, but there was some talk that the UT regents preferred him over Strong.

the concern from the beginning about Strong in Texas is that he would be viewed as an "outsider" to the old boy high school network there. guess only time will tell..

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7835

Christ, high school.

Only in Texas

gs
    gs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4059

Their o line and qb recruits have been busts for years now.

CWD
    Update your status

Belichick, Knight, Lombardi. 3 of the greatest coaches of all time. How's that for a start?
    youre really scraping there, 2 not even modern era and one is a complete toss off any list

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

As just a college football fan. By far Lane kiffiin is the worst. He gets out coached plain and simple bama wins on talent. Don't know why Saban stands for it. But as a life long husker fan Saban looked alot like Bo tonight. Glad he's home.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Is strong black?

There's your answer

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    they already tried to poach both Briles and Patterson on numerous occasions over the last couple years when they were dragging their feet on firing Brown and after they finally did.

Todd Graham (ASU) is a native Texan and very close to UT's AD Steve Patterson (who came from ASU), but apparently there was a handshake agreement with ASU that he wouldn't bring Graham with him to UT. i'm not saying that Graham would be the right guy for UT, but there was some talk that the UT regents preferred him over Strong.

the concern from the beginning about Strong in Texas is that he would be viewed as an "outsider" to the old boy high school network there. guess only time will tell..
    Have they asked Sumlin? He probably wouldn't leave A&M for that mess ....I don't know about graham he's good your offense will be good you'll need somebody for a defense though his defenses at Tulsa sucked and and I never thought he had a special unit at arizona st ...not sure he's right for a job like Texas he feels like a arizona school type of guy not to high profile if he fails you have another 2-3 wasted years after the time strong has wasted. It's the Texas job you'll be a God if you turn that around because we all know Texas shouldn't be behind Baylor,Texas Am,tcu. Does strong survive the red river rivalry game if they get their doors blown off by the sooners? Which is a Strong possibility ...sorry couldn't help myself. Gruden? Lame Kiffan? Anybody?

gs

Strong is still coaching Mack Brown qb recruits. Until he recruits his qb expect the same result. He may have set back the program even further back by losing the new mexico recruit to Michigan this pass summer. Texas going to suck for a couple years.

teaserpleaser

Then when they fire him or he steps down you'll have a few more classes until his replacement gets his kids for his system and he'll be using strongs's recruits....it's a mess that's why I say they can't whiff on this next coach.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

and?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Is strong black?

There's your answer
    Fuk you

gs

Who is the best black college coach in football now?

gs

NFL Steelers Tomlin

gs

College? Smulin, Strong, E. Carolina Coach?

gs

Franklin?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Too many insecure people on this board.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Strong is not an offensive genius. Should not be the one ushering in the spread at Texas. He is a dead man walking

12 Last