Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

LONGHORNS v NOTRE DAME

Texas vs Notre Dame College Saturday, Sept. 5, 7:30 p.m. ET. With Everett Golson moving to Flo State, ND is led by QB Malik Zaire who was 21 for 35 266 yards as a backup last season and observers like his read option playcalling and can run and pass equally well. In the Malik vs. Malik battle, Texas linebacker Malik Jefferson is a top rated linebacker versatile on pass and run coverage, quick for his large size.
    Irish Defensive Coordinator Brian VanGorder may be the key as I see this opener as much a defense battle as an offensive one and would not be surprised to see defensive scoring. Coach Brian Kelly has high hopes onTarean Folston a star from last year who benefits from a strong off line..
    ND Starting left tackle Ronnie Staley is one of the best.. C.J. Prosise a secret weapon, transitions from slot receiver to running back. Junior Will Fuller junior Corey Robinson (40-539-5 in 2014), senior Chris Brown (39-548-1) backed up by Amir Carlisle (23-309-3) actually give the Irish too much receiving talent. Freshman wideouts St. Brown and Sanders add to the receiving depth. OFFENSIVE LINE: Nick Martin is the soul of the offensive line with new left guards Quenton Nelson, with Alex Bars and right tackle (Mike McGlinchey), Conor Hanratty and Matt Hegarty make for a strong offense.
    ND Defensive tackle Sheldon Day, cornerback KeiVarae Russell are solid returners. Middle linebackers Joe Schmidt and Jarrett Grace add to the mix. Also on the defensive line, junior Isaac Rochell, senior Romeo Okwara, sophomore Andrew Trumbetti and tackles Jerry Tillery and Daniel Cage. Reports are very good stopping the run game but there is some question on pass rush. Solid linebackers Joe Schmidt and Jarrett Grace are solid returners coming off injuries. Def backs KeiVarae Russell is a solid anchor wtih Nick Watkins as well as LB Jaylon Smith. ND def hs some good returners but new talent will have to emerge to fill the gaps.
    TEXAS coach Charlie Strong is relying on Senior running back Jonathan Gray and an experienced offensive line. Freshmen Connor Williams and Patrick Vahe are adding to the mix. QB Tyrone Swoopes with backup Jerrod Heard, needs more experience to prove himself and has ecellent go to receiver Dajae Johnson. Texas has reported done well in defensive recruiting but newbies will have to established themselves quickly to make up for losses in the def line.
    I am anticipating that both teams will be doing more passing than running and look for strong coordination of players on defense making big plays. I would give Notre Dame a slight edge with more experience and better defense. If Texas defensive recruits live up to their preseason hype, Texas could get a surprise boost. No an easy game to predict. Look for quickness, defense and passing offense to determine the winner here. Notre Dame (-9) good on paper but Texas def could make this an under. Too tough to call.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

Texas is starting 2 true freshmen at Oline. One at guard and one at tackle. they have about 10 true freshmen in the two deep. Extremely young team who lost the heart and soul of their defense last year. By all accounts that crappy oline they had last year has dominated practice. You can take it for what its worth. This team will struggle again this year it might be worse then last year because of the young talent learning curve

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Texas

Tboonepickem
    Tboonepickem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5430

hard to find value on the -385 ND moneyline. They win though.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by Tboonepickem View Post
    hard to find value on the -385 ND moneyline. They win though.
    Texas and Charlie Strong gonna surprise folks this year.....ND isn't shit....ML worth a look

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Lean under.

If I had to take a side I would take Notre Dame. Texas is starting some freshman on the o-line and lost a lot from their defense. I don't think they're that good to be honest.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Texas and Charlie Strong gonna surprise folks this year.....ND isn't shit....ML worth a look
    ND is way more talented, Texas is not winning this, but hey if you want to throw money away be my guess...on The ML i should add.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Back door cover by the Longhorns.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Nah, ND is ALWAYS overrated and overhyped...they are always the media darlings and they have a huge following...Charlie Strong's team is one year away from competing for the Big 12 but will show improvement from last years squad...they will give ND all they can handle...that is why I teased them to 18.5...the game should be well within that number...

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11612

Texas and Charlie Strong gonna surprise folks this year.....
    There might be surprises, but probably not good ones.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no idea

when in doubt take the dog

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    no idea

when in doubt take the dog
    good theory, coach...also if you think the dog can win outright, always take the points!...

Biff41

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    Texas is starting 2 true freshmen at Oline. One at guard and one at tackle. they have about 10 true freshmen in the two deep. Extremely young team who lost the heart and soul of their defense last year. By all accounts that crappy oline they had last year has dominated practice. You can take it for what its worth. This team will struggle again this year it might be worse then last year because of the young talent learning curve
    Good call on Longhorn poor def. 17-3 ND in 3rd Qtr.

TunaFish51
    TunaFish51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8490

Texas sucks

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Swoopes might be the worst Division I quarterback in the country. Strong would be better off playing a walk-on at QB.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

How in gods name can a program like Texas not have an actual QB

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Nah, ND is ALWAYS overrated and overhyped...they are always the media darlings and they have a huge following...Charlie Strong's team is one year away from competing for the Big 12 but will show improvement from last years squad...they will give ND all they can handle...that is why I teased them to 18.5...the game should be well within that number...
    spot on, cant see ND being able to handle much more.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Lean under.

If I had to take a side I would take Notre Dame. Texas is starting some freshman on the o-line and lost a lot from their defense. I don't think they're that good to be honest.
    Texas actually sucks. I was too nice in my assessment.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Longhorns

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Taking ND 2H saved my ass!!

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

In coach strong u still trust?

Biff41

Texas off line didn't do much to help the passing game. 38-3 ND and under

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will never bet Texas again

What a disgrace
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Texas is football state---UT has great resources---pitiful program---no excuse.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

That Texas QB has to be one of the worst I've ever seen in college. He sucked last year and really sucks so far this year. He can't throw, can't read blitz packages and looks dumb as rocks. The only thing good about him is that he's big but that's still no help because he's a stupid runner. Kid runs right into defenders instead of running away from them. I'm totally convinced there's better QBs playing HS football here in the state.

Ataraxia
    Ataraxia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

all that money, and all those potential recruits results in this crap. make no sense.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

This dude must have been surprised when they got their doors blown off ...

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    You should post more...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That Texas QB has to be one of the worst I've ever seen in college. He sucked last year and really sucks so far this year. He can't throw, can't read blitz packages and looks dumb as rocks. The only thing good about him is that he's big but that's still no help because he's a stupid runner. Kid runs right into defenders instead of running away from them. I'm totally convinced there's better QBs playing HS football here in the state.
    agreed Mac...dude has actually REGRESSED since last year...I too bought into the Charlie Strong hype and every damn publication known to mankind was praising him and saying he had a great recruiting class and then to come out and shit the bed like that against Notre Dame on primetime on national tv!...clearly the team wasn't prepared and was thoroughly outplayed and outcoached, talent and youth issues aside...Ditto for Penn ST...christ, did they ever shit the bed...should have rolled Temple and I'm hearing James Franklin is already on the hot seat because a lot of former players and alumni are pissed off (and rightfully so) at that debacle...totally unacceptable and it bit me both in the ass and in my wallet.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I almost took Penn St and Stanford for some early action yesterday, would have rather shit my own pants than throw money away on those crap performances.

teaserpleaser

Most painful loss of all had to be Nebraska ML?