jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Report: Adidas making $200 million bid to lure James Harden away from Nike

The company has submitted a bid of $200 million over 13 years to sign Houston Rockets guard James Harden, sources told ESPN.com. Nike, whose deal with Harden recently expired, has until the end of next week to match the deal or lose him.
    A $200 million offer is huge, considering it represents half of what the brand paid for 11 seasons as the NBA's official uniform supplier. [...] With incentives, if the deal is consummated, Harden could very well make more from Adidas in the coming years than the Rockets. Harden signed an $80 million contract extension with Houston in 2012 that goes through the 2017-18 season.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

wow.

for 200 million i would play barefoot if i were him.

Nike makes 10X better shoes than addidas though. I have no clue why addidas would want to even make an NBA shoe , they should stick to soccer.

But damn thats a ton of money.... i am surprised they even think James Harden has that many years left in him. Its a young mans game and he has to be getting pretty old.

jjgold

and he is a loser

lol..ball hog that you will never win with

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    and he is a loser

lol..ball hog that you will never win with
    thats what i'm saying. He aint even that good.

atleast if u gonna make an offer like offer it to Lebron.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I never understood how adidas make so much money that they can give so much away, I never see people wearing their shoes and I really never bought their stuff, must be big in Tehran or something.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I never understood how adidas make so much money that they can give so much away, I never see people wearing their shoes and I really never bought their stuff, must be big in Tehran or something.
    adidas dominates europe plus all the soccer money they get for shoes and kits over there!

jjgold

its insane to give anyone that money let alone Harden who never did anything but score points and choke in big games

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

People love the beard

Its an easy image to brand

Corbin you should grow one

You would look tough

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Bear harden is like 24/25.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    wow.

for 200 million i would play barefoot if i were him.

Nike makes 10X better shoes than addidas though. I have no clue why addidas would want to even make an NBA shoe , they should stick to soccer.

But damn thats a ton of money.... i am surprised they even think James Harden has that many years left in him. Its a young mans game and he has to be getting pretty old.
    You need to watch the Sole Man 30 for 30. Sonny Vaccaro started the shoe endorsement thing waaay back, brought nike into the strarosphere with Jordan, got fired by them, went with adidas, signed Kobe and adidas revenue went up drastically, sonny had lebron in the bag, then adidas wouldnt step up to nikes offer to lebron so he went to nike, adidas lost sonny v and hasnt been a basketball sneaker force since.
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 08-04-15 at 11:51 AM.

SomeDayinBuffalo
    SomeDayinBuffalo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1411

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    its insane to give anyone that money let alone Harden who never did anything but score points and choke in big games
    If he still does that and the shoes sell they don't care. Houston will be in the playoffs every year. The team that's from a big city and with a team that will be in the news all year around with the top two players on the team. It may seem a lot but it's a deal for Adidas. Can't be any worse then the Rose deal....

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Desperate move by adidas here..they scare as under armour has surpassed them in sales and are number 2 behind Nike.
    Last edited by Darkside Magick; 08-04-15 at 07:18 PM.

jjgold

Howard+ Harden recipe for disaster

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

What the Hell Gold??? I love you but not cool brah. I will be in Vegas in September though, lets get a drink.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    same here.

i never see anyone wearing addidas in public