Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Are the Bengals any Good?

really?

everyone is focusing on how the Jets don't deserve to be in the playoffs......

but at least we know they have the NFL's # 1 defense, and unreal Pass defense. and the number 1 rushing offense.

What tells us that Cincy is any good at all? They have one good win, that came in week 2 against GB. Otherwise they've barely beat a bunch of bad, really bad, and mediocre teams. and they've managed to lose to some bad teams as well.

they haven't had a good game since week 10. Why should we believe in this poor offense vs the Jets D? where the cincy is strong, the Jets are stronger. where the Jets are weak Cincy is weak too.

someone make an argument as to why Cincy is a good enough team to back here?

Jag8917
    Jag8917's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm avoiding this game haha. But I think the Jets will pull it out

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I think for many it should be a no play. don't back a bad team that hasn't done shit in months, just because you think the other team is a little bit worse.

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets win easy

Cincy may not score again

SirChevron
    SirChevron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onthewhat View Post
    Jets win easy

Cincy may not score again

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

THis is a no play for me

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Palmer versus Sanchez.

Believe it or not, that is what this game boils down to. Maybe you prefer to say Palmer versus Jets D or Palmer Versus Rex Ryan. If that's the case, remember Palmer has a great record versus Rex Ryan when we was DC @ Baltimore. I looked it up earlier this week, I think it was 6-2 or something. Not bad considering all of those great Ravens defenses over the years.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Sanchez is the only reason I can think of

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Memphis favored at the Jazz

Have I missed something os does Deron WIlliams account for the team?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cincy is garbage

Palmer is whore shit

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bengals is my bet of the week. I have them winning by 2 TD's.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Cinci is the worst of ALL teams left and the jets do deserve to be playing. I have been startle by them many times this season and they have had a very good year. Alot better then I expected.
    Jets will beat the Colts too but lose to San Diego

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Palmer versus Sanchez.

Believe it or not, that is what this game boils down to. Maybe you prefer to say Palmer versus Jets D or Palmer Versus Rex Ryan. If that's the case, remember Palmer has a great record versus Rex Ryan when we was DC @ Baltimore. I looked it up earlier this week, I think it was 6-2 or something. Not bad considering all of those great Ravens defenses over the years.

I don't think people realize how dominate the Jets Pass Defense was this year..... they don't give up anything in pass coverage... so its not gonna be carson vs anything.... for cincy to win, they need to run very well, play great D, get turnovers-create big plays, play great special teams...maybe dink and dunk with their rb's and Te's on 3rd down. Carson + his wideouts will not be in the equation

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

I agree jets D is great. I also believe the Bengals have a lot of problems among each other.

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I don't think people realize how dominate the Jets Pass Defense was this year..... they don't give up anything in pass coverage... so its not gonna be carson vs anything.... for cincy to win, they need to run very well, play great D, get turnovers-create big plays, play great special teams...maybe dink and dunk with their rb's and Te's on 3rd down. Carson + his wideouts will not be in the equation

Exactly!
    But Cincy won't put it together..Jets win

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If the Jets shut out Palmer, then you've answered your own question. I don't think it's quite so cut and dried as that. The Jets are respectable, but I still like the ball in Palmer's hand with the game on the line. That's really what we're talking about.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

Miami Beat the Jets twice this year so if the Dolphins can beat them th Bengals should take care of them ...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    If the Jets shut out Palmer, then you've answered your own question. I don't think it's quite so cut and dried as that. The Jets are respectable, but I still like the ball in Palmer's hand with the game on the line. That's really what we're talking about.

only one player has had over 100 yards against the Jets this year and that was welker in the slot....

other than that game the top receiver averaged 48 yards a game vs the jets....

we are talking guys like Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Roddy White, Colston ect..

the Jets played the number 1, 2, 3(twice), and 4 passing attacks this year.....

they gave up 8 passing td's in 16 games

the opposing qb's passing rating for the year vs the jets was 58

Palmer has his work cut out for him

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

the jets dont belong in the playoffs,they couldnt beat atl,when they needed to with michael turner out i believe,the only reason their in,is because indy and cincy laid down,they suck and everybody is only remembering what they did last week,cincy swept pit when they had polomalou and ravens...cincy will win

tbonmusikman
    tbonmusikman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Cinci is the worst of ALL teams left and the jets do deserve to be playing. I have been startle by them many times this season and they have had a very good year. Alot better then I expected.
    Jets will beat the Colts too but lose to San Diego

Is this just based off of the last two weeks where those teams both handed the jets the playoff spot? Pretty much Indi and Cinci were saying, yes-take the wildcard spot, because we want to see you in the playoffs.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cincy is garbage

Palmer is whore shit
    your new avatar is killing our concentration
    hottest babe on SBR
    i heard she only likes men with loose gray sweatpants that smell like soppresata
    and dirty money.

Tomorrow the Bengals will remind the absent-minded American viewing population
    exactly HOW and WHY they WON the AFC CENTRAL.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

LOL chi you have it in for cincy but they clowned your steelers twice and thats why you dont like them, and are trying to use some stat in your favor. Lets see what happens in cincy this weekend when sanchez shows his true colours and a black coach outcoaches that fat piece of shit Ryan.I swear the bengals will give it to the jets

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

nah, thats not it at all. The steelers got clowned by half the league, and clowned themselves....

i'm just REALLY not impressed by cincy...part of that is the fact that the play the weak ass steelers, browns, and ravens in the afc north.......

they really really had a weak sched... prob the weakest in the playoffs. and I feel like no one watched the bengals or the jets and just assumes that cincy is way better.

I'm honest when I say that this Jets pass defense with Revis is the best i've EVER seen. since I've been watching nfl in 1985

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cincy is garbage

Palmer is whore shit
    Jets ML is the easiest money in the history of sports gambling.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on the Bengals and I love it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

hey Cincy may win this, but when it comes down to it. do you really want to back a team that hasn't played a good game in over 2 months?

they barely beat KC, Cleve, and Detroit. GOT beat by Oakland. Beat below avg balt and Pitt twice.....

their resume is really sub-par. I've yet to see someone show me how they are a playoff worthy team? maybe this is a game between two teams that don't really belong in the playoffs....... in that case give me the one with the best defense and the most momentum entering the playoffs

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

hey Cincy may win this, but when it comes down to it. do you really want to back a team that hasn't played a good game in over 2 months?

they barely beat KC, Cleve, and Detroit. GOT beat by Oakland. Beat below avg balt and Pitt twice.....

their resume is really sub-par. I've yet to see someone show me how they are a playoff worthy team? maybe this is a game between two teams that don't really belong in the playoffs....... in that case give me the one with the best defense and the most momentum entering the playoffs
    And who did the Jets beat the last 3 weeks? They lost to Falcons at home who didn't make the playoffs, beat the Colts back ups and beat the Bengals scout team.

Impressive!

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    And who did the Jets beat the last 3 weeks? They lost to Falcons at home who didn't make the playoffs, beat the Colts back ups and beat the Bengals scout team.

Impressive!
    Bingo - and the jets lost every game against any good team they played that tried

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

scoreless tie?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

the burden of proof is upon the Cincy backers.

but since you asked.....the Jets D has allowed only 4 td's in the last 6 games.....

the Jets' D seems to be the hottest unit entering the playoffs between the two O's and two D's represented in this game..... again why take Cincy?

no one can answer that

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bingo - and the jets lost every game against any good team they played that tried

New England isn't good? could the bengals hold NE to 9 points? c'mon now

lakerboy

the burden of proof is upon the Cincy backers.

but since you asked.....the Jets D has allowed only 4 td's in the last 6 games.....

the Jets' D seems to be the hottest unit entering the playoffs between the two O's and two D's represented in this game..... again why take Cincy?

no one can answer that

Chi you made a thread a while back saying a wild card team will make a run and im under the impression you believe the jets will be that team cause they have a good defense.

Since week 3 the jets have beaten

Oakland
    Buffalo
    Tampa Bay
    Indy(after they gave up)
    Cincy(never tried)

The Bengals won the division that contained the 2 AFC finalists from last year beating them both 2 times each and they barely lost in San diego. Lets see what happens.

lakerboy

New England isn't good? could the bengals hold NE to 9 points? c'mon now
    and how many did the jets hold ne to in the second go around, the bengals stuffed division rivals pitt and balt both times around. comn chi ne wasnt ready when they played the jets the first time and pounded them the second time.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

in the NFL "last year" means nothing...

someone please answer the original question? are they good or not? don't get into "barely" lost stuff

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I am curious to see how Mark Sanchez who played all his life in 70 degree weather or better can cope with 20 degree weather and wind chills in single digits in Cincinnati.

1234 ... Last