Betpoints: 3413

Colin Cowherd fired from ESPN

Racist motherfukker

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

good.

i am glad he got fired instead of getting to leave on his own terms.

He can add that to his resume.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

why?

always hated his spot with chad millman, talking about who the NFL sharps were on every week. guy was trash at picks but acted like he was a god at picks.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

He's not wrong. Sounds like espn was looking for a way out

“It’s too complex? I’ve never bought into that ‘baseball is too complex.’ Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have. Baseball is like any sport. It’s mostly instincts. A sportswriter who covers baseball could go up to Tony La Russa and make an argument and Tony would listen and it would seem reasonable. There’s not a single NFL writer in the country who could diagram a play for Bill Belichick. You know, we get caught up in this whole ‘thinking-man’s game.’ Is it in the same family? Most people could do it. It’s not being a concert pianist. It’s in the same family.”

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

What he said was dumb.

Getting fired for it was dumber.

The pussification of America continues.
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave boeing power 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why fire him when he was leaving any day now Lolz ....Disney

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Wow

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

So the next time Northerns crack on southern schools which are predominantly black, is that racist?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Wouldn't be surprised if her said it to get a longer vacation before he starts his new gig.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    He's not wrong. Sounds like espn was looking for a way out

“It’s too complex? I’ve never bought into that ‘baseball is too complex.’ Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have. Baseball is like any sport. It’s mostly instincts. A sportswriter who covers baseball could go up to Tony La Russa and make an argument and Tony would listen and it would seem reasonable. There’s not a single NFL writer in the country who could diagram a play for Bill Belichick. You know, we get caught up in this whole ‘thinking-man’s game.’ Is it in the same family? Most people could do it. It’s not being a concert pianist. It’s in the same family.”
    If not racist its demeaning, what does managing being complex have to do with Dominicans, why even bring them or any specific group up, wasn't needed.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Baseball is easy to understand. You go to the plate, you wait for the pitch, you swing or not swing, if you hit the ball you run towards the 1st base as fast as you can.

What part is complex about baseball?

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    If not racist its demeaning, what does managing being complex have to do with Dominicans, why even bring them or any specific group up, wasn't needed.
    nothing demeaning there. guess you are part of the puss wagon in this country

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Its not racist at all. People assuming the Dominican only has one ethnic group is probably more offensive than what he said.... which is that the DR is a third world country without good education. No sh*t how is that a surprise?! They do love their baseball down there and that is why they produce so many great prospects.

And I think cowherd is a blowhard but getting fired for that?........He should just put on a dress and ESPN would take him back and give him an award.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    nothing demeaning there. guess you are part of the puss wagon in this country

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    People usually look the other way when they arnt the target. I'm sure had he replaced dominican with African-American then the statement takes on another life form.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a loser

His career could go down in flames

Thought he was cute..he thought wrong

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

My God at least his lifetime rant against baseball is finally over. Half his show is ripping baseball, as a game, as a culture, as a business. It really gets old. Good riddance.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

It's easy to fire a guy who was leaving anyway. If he wasn't leaving for FOX they wouldn't have done anything.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    It's easy to fire a guy who was leaving anyway. If he wasn't leaving for FOX they wouldn't have done anything.
    Well maybe a suspension, but since he was leaving anyway firing easier now.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

ESPN just wanted to lower his value before he went to Fox Sports.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    ESPN just wanted to lower his value before he went to Fox Sports.

jjgold

It puts fox in a real bad spot now

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It puts fox in a real bad spot now
    Fox will like him even more now.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

How is Stephen A still working there?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

meanwhile Charles Haley is telling colored NFL players to "act like the white guys"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...120608851.html

The five-time Super Bowl winner and impending Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee recently spoke to the rookies at 49ers training camp, and delivered some blunt advice. "I know they probably got mad," he said,according to the San Jose Mercury-News, "but I said, ‘Why don’t you all act like the white guys? You never see them in the paper getting high or hitting people. Why don’t you act like that?’ They all looked at me crazy.”
    Haley acknowledged that he made the statement "for the shock value," regardless of whether it was actually rooted in truth. (As the Mercury-News noted, fullback Bruce Miller, who is white, had just been charged with misdemeanor vandalism in connection with an argument with his then-fiancee. Miller later pleaded no contest.)
    "The hardest thing is these guys, they have an attention span of a 5-year-old,"

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    How is Stephen A still working there?
    Generates ratings, should have been gone.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Generates ratings, should have been gone.
    So is ESPN racist or favoring a side here?

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Baseball is easy to understand. You go to the plate, you wait for the pitch, you swing or not swing, if you hit the ball you run towards the 1st base as fast as you can.

What part is complex about baseball?
    Good topic!

Very few players are able to hone their kills to the world class skill That's the part that very few people understand. When to swing - how to swing - identify the type pitch for movement. How to stay inside the ball. I agree that after quality coaching - instinct takes over.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    So is ESPN racist or favoring a side here?
    Perhaps favoring a side although Cowherd with the failed negotiations seems to purposely have a somewhat negligent attitude since he knows he's leaving. From the Harbaugh interview to this, ESPN probably feels he's been noticeably reckless since failed negotiations. Smith has screwed up numerous times with his words. With that said if Cowherd wasn't already leaving I don't think he would have gotten fired.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-24-15 at 09:25 PM.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    meanwhile Charles Haley is telling colored NFL players to "act like the white guys"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...120608851.html

The five-time Super Bowl winner and impending Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee recently spoke to the rookies at 49ers training camp, and delivered some blunt advice. "I know they probably got mad," he said,according to the San Jose Mercury-News, "but I said, ‘Why don’t you all act like the white guys? You never see them in the paper getting high or hitting people. Why don’t you act like that?’ They all looked at me crazy.”
    Haley acknowledged that he made the statement "for the shock value," regardless of whether it was actually rooted in truth. (As the Mercury-News noted, fullback Bruce Miller, who is white, had just been charged with misdemeanor vandalism in connection with an argument with his then-fiancee. Miller later pleaded no contest.)
    "The hardest thing is these guys, they have an attention span of a 5-year-old,"

Haley dead on

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Highly Questionable and SportsNation best shows by far

best SC anchor has been the same for so long they should just call it NeilCenter

GoBlue77

act white and you'll be alright
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I've got respect for Colin Cowherd. He'll be successful elsewhere.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    good.

i am glad he got fired instead of getting to leave on his own terms.

He can add that to his resume.
    You're an idiot.

Cowherd was not leaving on his own terms terms to begin with.

ESPN was not renewing Herd's contract and others because ESPN TV and radio is bleeding Disney money, MLB network is starting to kick the shit out of ESPN's baseball tonight and live telecasts, CBS cable sports are biting into ESPN's ad money......
    Cowherd was already fired a month ago when Disney said we are not renewing your large contract, now they can use this so called bordering racial incident as a coverup to the real fact, ESPN is tanking and can't afford high priced talent anymore, not to say Cowherd was talented, in a sense he has some talent, he's a good wordsmith, like Costas and a few others, but in the grand scheme of things Cowherd was/is slightly better than the run of the mill talking sports head.

Oh, one more thing you flaming idiot, just for shits and giggles I checked out his resume, it's pretty solid, from education to career, rock solid, and mind you I am not really a fan of Colin Cowherd, my question to you is this?
    What exacty is on your resume besides trolling message board idiot poster?

Since you brought up resume, do you even have a job, no less career?
    How do you earn income, how much does SBR pay per idiot post?

Inquiring minds want to know.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

At the very least....I think we can a agree that Big Bear is a total fukkin tool.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

12 Last