Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

IMO, I knew this game was over when one the smartest and most conservative coaches in the game took the ball to start the game, then proceeded to fake a punt on his own 20. He was saying with that move that he has no respect for Texas, and knew his team would dominate. Mccoy makes no difference.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Texas' D was dominating the line of scrimmage in the 1st half. Had a bunch of sacks when Saban was not calling the game in a conservative fashion.

I won on Bama also, but think it would have been really tight if McCoy stays in, and consider myself very lucky that he didn't. It appeared as though Texas may have dominated otherwise.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11734

Mccoy dosnt play defense but they would of got a few more 1st downs to give their defense a break. The defense was coming back on the field after texas going 3 and out. THIS IS A BIG DIFFERENCE

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Texas wins if mccoy in game. bottom line. that shitty ass freshman had them within 3. his 5 turnovers, inabilty to throw the ball in the first half over and over. Shoulda put Bebop or whatever the hell that cows name is in at qb.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I find 2 things in this thread amazing.

1. If McCoy had been in the game, Texas would have won. No one knows if that statement is true or not. The game completely changed at that moment for both teams. For all we know, McCoy could have gone Jake Delhomme on us and thrown 5 interceptions. He might have been unbelievable and thrown 6tds. I don't know, and neither does anyone else. It didn't happen.

2. Alabama's offense is terrible. This statement is asinine. Texas and Florida are great defenses, and the Alabama running game shredded both of them. The Alabama passing game was nonexistent vs Texas, but that was, once again, an effect of the McCoy injury.

It was a weird game. Texas played a gutsy game. If you want to play "what if" with the game, there are other websites where you can do that. This is reality. A good Alabama team is a deserving national champion.

bradthebloke

Maybe Alabama's running game doesnt shred the D if theyre not on the field the whole damn game cuz of that pussy's 3 and outs all game

Jasonal_98

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    Maybe Alabama's running game doesnt shred the D if theyre not on the field the whole damn game cuz of that pussy's 3 and outs all game
    The key words are "maybe" and "if." We don't know.

bradthebloke

bottom line, neither team should have been in the game. Texas gets in cuz a shady second put back on clock against Nebraska. Alabama and Florida had refs propping them up all season with shady calls to ensure one of them got in.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

all I know is bama made me some money and honestly to start the game I was not feeling good but when Colt went out I knew bama was gonna cash my ticket. I got a little pissed when it was 24-21 but whoa talk about a huge sack to turn back the momentum.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    I find 2 things in this thread amazing. 1. If McCoy had been in the game, Texas would have won. No one knows if that statement is true or not. The game completely changed at that moment for both teams. For all we know, McCoy could have gone Jake Delhomme on us and thrown 5 interceptions. He might have been unbelievable and thrown 6tds. I don't know, and neither does anyone else. It didn't happen. 2. Alabama's offense is terrible. This statement is asinine. Texas and Florida are great defenses, and the Alabama running game shredded both of them. The Alabama passing game was nonexistent vs Texas, but that was, once again, an effect of the McCoy injury. It was a weird game. Texas played a gutsy game. If you want to play "what if" with the game, there are other websites where you can do that. This is reality. A good Alabama team is a deserving national champion.
    how does colt mccoy being injured effect the bama passing game?

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Texas with a 1st and goal after bama gets the opening Kickoff = Mccoy would of put that in the endzone. 7-0

Texas somehow gets the kickoff back, and put up 3. 10-0

Bama breaks off 2 big td runs/FG. 17-10.

Bama then picks off a retarded pass by gilbert, and takes it to the house to end the 2nd qtr. NEVER WOULD OF HAPPENED TO MCCOY.

Would of probably been 14-10 at halftime if mccoy was in there. NOT 24-6

Then again I didn't care since I had the game teased. Had Texas +11.5 and under 5X, and had them +15.

I felt good when it was 24-21 bama with 3 minutes left. Figured Texas would put together a 1:30 drive and maybe a FG attempt, or something, but didn't think they'd score(then bama run out the clock) But instead they fumble bama goes in for a TD. 31-21. Then theres 2 minutes left, and texas down 10, I'm still covering and felt really good at that point, Texas throws INT. ****ing Saban could ran out the clock since they had it at the 27. But no they decide to run up the score...I just sat in bed hoping that Saban gets Pneumonia after that gatorade bath(gets better in a week though)
    Injuries are part of it.......If we had Hightower from earlier in the season, we sack mccoy 10 times and he throws 6 picks and Bama wins 42-13......You can second guess I can too

Jasonal_98

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    how does colt mccoy being injured effect the bama passing game?
    It effects the play-calling. Bama gets less agressive because it doesn't feel that UT can move the ball on offense. Fewer passing opportunities.

paste_me
    paste_me's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama pretty much gave up in the 2nd half, they were trying not to run up the score and staying classy. You could tell this by the way they were running the ball.

So... If Mccoy would have stayed in the game, Bama would have not needed to do this.Alabama stopped themselves from scoring so they would not look bad running up the score.

Babydoll27
    Babydoll27's Avatar Become A Pro!

i do believe that if mccoy did play in all the quarters it would of been more of an interesting game possibly texas could have won...

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I disagree. I don't think the second half letup would have been as great if he were in.

Letup? You mean when they were stuffed and dominated for 27 min in the 2nd half and only had about 15 offensive plays and couldnt stop a true freshman qb who already had 3 turnovers.

Give me a break homer.

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paste_me View Post
    Alabama pretty much gave up in the 2nd half, they were trying not to run up the score and staying classy. You could tell this by the way they were running the ball.

So... If Mccoy would have stayed in the game, Bama would have not needed to do this.Alabama stopped themselves from scoring so they would not look bad running up the score.
    This must be a first for a college team, "Lets lay down and not try and score so we dont look bad", that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time, NFL maybe not college, college teams run up that score everytime as high as they can

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post
    So everyone who had Bama just be happy he was out and don't boast on your capping skills because they were off for the Bama pick.
    no question about it. Texas came out swinging and if their qb wasn't injured, they would be the National Champion.

No one can dispute that.

snapstick
    +100 units or bust
    snapstick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post
    So everyone who had Bama just be happy he was out and don't boast on your capping skills because they were off for the Bama pick.
    statements like this cannot have a outcome because he WASNT in the game. Comments like this are a waste of space.

tbone40143
    tbone40143's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree if colt would have played bamas secondary would have had a nightmare

snapstick
    +100 units or bust
    snapstick's Avatar Become A Pro!

neither here nor there...he wasnt in the game because he was scared of injury and concerned about his wallet

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by snapstick View Post
    neither here nor there...he wasnt in the game because he was scared of injury and concerned about his wallet
    Smart man, we should all be concerned about our wallets

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Letup? You mean when they were stuffed and dominated for 27 min in the 2nd half and only had about 15 offensive plays and couldnt stop a true freshman qb who already had 3 turnovers.

Give me a break homer.
    9 straight running plays is letting up, gooberhead

investor
    Chicks jumpin my whip like a moshpit
    investor's Avatar Become A Pro!

man all i know is later on down the road when i look back.... The first thing i'll remember it was a game that colt got knocked out of in the first offensive series and didn't return.

Just putting my thought out there whatever that may mean...

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    bottom line, neither team should have been in the game. Texas gets in cuz a shady second put back on clock against Nebraska. Alabama and Florida had refs propping them up all season with shady calls to ensure one of them got in.
    If if if....thats all the haters in this thread can focus on....how about this......If Mcelroy doesnt have cracked ribs then maybe ha passes for 285 yards and 2 scores.....maybe if Hightower doesnt get injured at the beginning of the season our defense sacks the Texas qb 12 times....well it is just speculation....just like this thread.....Bama won and is National champs........Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    9 straight running plays is letting up, gooberhead

You could not be any more wrong - you could try, but you would not be successful.

The whole idea that ANY team would let up in the BCS Championship Game is asinine to begin with.

Trying to run clock - sure, but running the ball is what got Alabama there in the first place, how the hell can that be "letting up"? Oh, I forgot, they scrapped the spread offense and the prolific passing game that they usually showcase.

Ridiculous statement by a homer.

Alabama is a good team and deserving of the title, but they are not a special team that has the luxury of "letting up" on anyone because they are so far superior. They were not even likely the superior team that night. But they won, so props and congrats.

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by investor View Post
    man all i know is later on down the road when i look back.... The first thing i'll remember it was a game that colt got knocked out of in the first offensive series and didn't return.

Just putting my thought out there whatever that may mean...

So will everyone else.

Congrats Alabama and Boise on their national championship.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Move on people. What if's are for the losers and the dreamers. Brad, I have no idea what you are trying to say, but stop. "IF" a frog could fly, it would not bump it's ass in the ground. Don't tell me about bad calls throughout an entire season. Every team got them. That is a rather lame excuse, and excuses are not tolerated by myself, and others who know what they are doing in here. You can say what you want to about the game, but nothing is going to change the result. Time to move on to the 2010 season. Time to look ahead. For all of you that lost your money, thinking about what may have happened is not going to bring it back to you. Thinking about how you can improve your 'Capping skills may eventually bring it back.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

they would still win.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Oh where to begin...first I suppose we could say "If Texas didn't knock Bradford out of the OU game...Texas wouldn't even BE in Pasdena" but it's football.....If I woulda played RB instead of Ingram....Texas would have won...the list of proving negatives could go on and on...if Bama didn't lose Hightower early in the season...they would have been MORE dominant...bottom line....football is a contact sport...DONT GET HURT! Then no excuses...but it happens. And honestly...in a game of the magnitude it was...McCoy could have easily said...damn the NFL worries...I want to lead MY team...but he didn't. Just off the top of my head...I remember Byron Leftwhich being carried by players up and down the field at Marshall...but hey...the guy stayed in the game..dare I look back in time when the Bear himself played Tennessee on a broken leg?? History is full of athles playing through pain when their team needs them. It's what a leader does. Give it a rest guys...Alabama won...it is what it is...everyone will have many shots to come in the near future because don't look now...but a Dynasty is rising in Tuscaloosa! 363 more days of ROLL TIDE and the Houndstooth Mafia reigning over the nation!!

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    no question about it. Texas came out swinging and if their qb wasn't injured, they would be the National Champion.

No one can dispute that.
    oh yes you can doubt that.......Texas was the 2nd best team that night, the night before, the next night and tonight....

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

if mccoy played whole game alabama wouldnt of been as conservative, if if if,

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

First of all Alabama let up the whole 3rd quarter and into the 4th until Ingram came back into the game. They let up and thought the game was over and done with they just needed to grind out the clock... Bama wasn't even trying to score more points. So to say McCoy would have allowed Texas to win is a joke. Saban would have kept his foot on the gas and been just as aggressive as he was all throughout the 1st half.

Texas is just crying, like little bitchez because they didn't win. Making up excuses... Every coach will tell you injuries are apart of the game and its the next man in.

rolltide10
    rolltide10's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish mccoy wouldnt have gotten hurt, so this wouldn't continue on. Granted if colt was playing then the INT before half wouldn't have happened. Then it would have been 17-6 at halftime; and Alabama keeps it turned on and they wouldn't have come out flat. Atleast Mcelroy is a man and played the game with two cracked ribs. I know he had the worst performance of the year but I think the tide showed that the big 12 rush D is a JOKE, just like the conference as a unit. Cant wait to see this same type of thread next year when the SEC does it again, If Ro and Kareem stay then Bama will do it again... peace

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

poor Texas will be talking about Mccoy's injury for decades

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    This must be a first for a college team, "Lets lay down and not try and score so we dont look bad", that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time, NFL maybe not college, college teams run up that score everytime as high as they can
    Nick Saban has never ran up the score.

First 123 Last