CBS Link below...

I would probably go...

1. Missouri
    2. UCF
    3. Kansas State
    4. Wisconsin
    5. Louisville

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...llege-football

5. Mississippi State: There were so many teams I was stuck choosing between for this fifth spot, but I gave Mississippi State the edge. I fully admit that there's likely some recency bias at play here. I can't sit here and tell you the Bulldogs have been underappreciated for decades. This year, though? This year is a bit different.
    Last year, it was widely assumed that the Bulldogs would finish last in the SEC West, maybe sixth. Instead, Mississippi State went out and finished the year 10-3 after starting 9-0. They spent five weeks ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll and were ranked No. 1 in the first edition of the College Football Playoff rankings (there's a trivia question for you in 20 years).
    This year the Bulldogs have their Heisman candidate quarterback Dak Prescott returning. So where were they picked to finish in the SEC West by the media at SEC Media Days? In last, of course.
    4. BYU: It's been a long time since BYU won its national title in 1984, and a lot has changed for the Cougars since then. In 1998, they left the WAC for the Mountain West, and then after 12 years there they decided to give independence a try in 2011. While there was a bit of a drop off after LaVell Edwards retired and handed the reins to Gary Crowton, since Bronco Mendenhall took over, things have been pretty good. Not national title contender good, but strong nonetheless.
    In Mendenhall's 11 seasons, the Cougars have won at least 10 games five times and have only won less than seven games in a season once: a 6-6 campaign in Mendenhall's first season. This year, BYU will play games against Nebraska, UCLA, Michigan, Missouri and Boise State.
    Yet, despite all that success, as an independent the Cougars still have to fight just to be considered as a "Power Five" non-conference opponents by the Power Five conferences. No, the Cougars don't have the same history of success as Notre Dame, but to lump them together as just another Conference USA or Sun Belt school? Come on. The Cougars should be considered as a "Power Five" opponent and there shouldn't have been any questions about it.
    3. Georgia Tech: Here's a fun fact about the Yellow Jackets. Since the dawn of the ACC Championship Game in 2005, only six ACC teams have played in the game. Only two teams have appeared in the game more often than Georgia Tech: Florida State and Virginia Tech. The Seminoles and Hokies have played in the game five times. The Yellow Jackets have four appearances. That's right, Florida State has one more appearance in the ACC title game than Georgia Tech does.
    The rest of Georgia Tech's division (Duke, North Carolina, Miami, Pitt and Virginia) have combined for one appearance (Duke in 2013). Yet, just about every season when it comes to predicting the Coastal Division, the Yellow Jackets don't get much consideration. Instead, every year we're told this will be the season Miami and North Carolina finally get their acts together, or that Virginia Tech returns to glory.
    It won't be the case this year. The Yellow Jackets will probably be the most popular pick in the division coming off the 2014 season, but it's too little too late. I think the biggest problem for the Jackets is that, even though they keep reaching the title game, they've only won it once (2009, and it was later vacated). Still, while the option attack of the Yellow Jackets may not be sexy or exciting, leading to it being discounted as a real threat, this team deserves a lot more respect than it ever seems to get.
    2. Kansas State: It just feels like no matter what's happening in the Big 12, Kansas State is continually dismissed as a real title contender in the conference, but yet it feels like the Wildcats are in the hunt every season. Well, at least when Bill Snyder is coaching the team.
    Since the formation of the Big 12 in 1996, Snyder has been at the helm of Kansas State for 17 seasons in two different stints. In those 17 seasons, he's won the conference only twice (did have four division titles too), but the Wildcats have won at least 10 games eight times. In those 17 seasons, the Wildcats have only had a losing record in conference play four times.
    They may not always be an elite contender, but they're consistently one of the toughest teams in the conference. Whether the two big powers in the conference are Oklahoma and Texas, or Baylor and TCU, the Wildcats are forever a force to be reckoned with. So where were they predicted to finish in the conference this year? Seventh, of course.
    1. Missouri: It wasn't all that difficult to figure out who my No. 1 team would be. It was always going to be Missouri. Whether in the Big 12, or now in the SEC, this is just a team that plenty of people just assume is due for a relapse of sorts. It's just, aside from a hiccup here and there, it doesn't happen.
    Since 2007, the Tigers have won 10 games or more five times in eight seasons. When Missouri joined the SEC in 2012, it went 5-7 and everybody was gladly telling anyone within earshot about what a mistake it was for the Tigers to leave the Big 12 for the big, bad, SEC, where it would serve as nothing but cannon fodder for years to come.
    The Tigers then responded by going 23-5 the last two seasons (14-2 in the SEC) and won the SEC East twice. Still, they are dismissed. Maybe it's because they haven't won the SEC itself (in their two SEC title games they've lost to Alabama and Auburn by a combined score of 101-55), or perhaps it's due to the fact we believe the SEC East to be "wide open" every year (meaning anybody can win), but we still refuse to give Mizzou the credit for what it's done.
    And it's no different this year. At SEC Media Days, the Tigers were picked to finish third in the SEC East, behind a Tennessee team that hasn't won the SEC East since 2007 and hasn't won more than seven games in any season since then. Makes sense, right?
    Honorable Mention: Louisville, Northern Illinois, Arizona, Rutgers

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

TCU
    Boise State
    Louisville
    NC State
    Missouri
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

GT definitely on this list. If I have to hear that jerkoff Pollack talk anymore shiit I might lose it.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Michigan state.

elite status

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    TCU
    Boise State
    Louisville
    NC State
    Missouri
    Thatll probably never change until they go to a bigger Conference,only way to shut the snobs up.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sharp list there Dazer.....

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Michigan state.

elite status
    I dont think MSU is disrepsected... they are on the verge of being elite... not on the Ohio State/Florida State/Auburn/Alabama/Oregon level just yet. Those are the 5 eilite programs right now. MSU definately in the next tier though. Gotta at least play for a national title in the last few years to be elite status. Id say Notre Dame/Michigan State/LSU/Baylor/Oklahoma the next 5 on the list. Look for USC and Texas to re-establish themselves as elite over the next few years... TCU/Clemson/Wisconsin knocking on the door too. Did I miss anyone? Georgia? Florida?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Penn State
    BYU
    Michigan State
    Mississippi State
    Notre Dame

- all get crapped on more than they deserve.

Deserves getting crapped on: Texas

Overrated: LSU and all non-essential SEC teams

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Michigan is #1

They will always be in the shadows of Ohio St and Michigan St.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Since the dawn of the ACC Championship Game in 2005, only six ACC teams have played in the game.
    For the record, it's actually seven.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

BYU is the first one I thought of. Missouri, K State, TCU, and Georgia Tech are other good choices.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I feel like a team that was ranked #1 for over a month last year could not possibly be among the most disrespected.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Tcu number one.