DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Manny, OJ wouldn't fly through the air like that now. He's too fat.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Take a guess where I was?
    Oakland, CA.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paver way off
    Lol
    Go to school

DiggityDaggityDo

JJ wouldn't last one night in Oakland, CA.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Threads like this are the reason why SBR has gone to shit....no juice when you lose?!!......and all of the SBR posters that agree with this nonsense?!!......that's because you broke dik fuks don't bet real money...we are not talking about SBR contests and measly bet points...yes, you don't pay juice if you win in those contests...but when betting or wagering real money via offshore books you already laying the juice and/or vig...so in simple math terms for you ignoramuses if you bet $100 at the juice is (-130), you will only win $70, not the full hundred!...so in essence, you were already penalized and paid the juice...having said that, the key to winning long term when playing slight to heavy favorites is that you need to hit them and win on a consistent basis kind of how I do on my teasers/parlays that I post......this is generally true for gambling in general but I'd just thought I'd nip this "no juice when you win" bullshit in the bud before some noobs join SBR and click on this thread and take Corbin's word for gospel!...

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought we all knew he was joking around.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I thought we all knew he was joking around.
    well, the first time I quit watching the video @ 00:30 when he called Big Bear a sharp!.......then I watched all of it the second time and he wasn't joking around...besides, a lot of people on here believe that theory because they just gamble with bet points (SBR Pros for the most part)...now SBR doesn't penalize you if you win...you only pay the vig/juice if you lose...if you lay -240 on a heavy favorite, you still win the full amount of the wager if it hits were as when you bet real money via offshore accounts the juice/vig is already factored in the equation...

jjgold

I was not joking men

Never forget

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    i'm gonna wear bruno magli's when i get into the ring with waves......

and then they can track me back to the f'n spa and charge me with murder based on the trail of waves' hiv infected blood.........

smash at the bash waves........... i'm gonna kill your ass!!!!! (IN THE RING, SANCTIONED BY SBR)

Da Manster!

I was not joking men

Never forget
    Corbin,
    I don't give a fuk if you are somewhat of a tard or suffer from a mild case of down's syndrome, you are always welcomed in my house!...we need to party and do some Maryland crabs and get you laid...give me a shout out if you are ever in the dc/baltimore area...and I'll pick up the tab!...

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

My bad JJ, great video

LEOLEO
    LEOLEO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2409

"da maaaaaaaaaaaaaansterrr" "da maaaaaanster"

#corbenisbackvideo

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

"Guys like BigDay and BigBear, who are two of our sharper guys at SBR"

I lost it with the BigBear comment

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Too distracted by the sun shining off jj's bald fukkin' dome.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Are you in rehab?

jjgold

Giver no

Did counseling last year to get me more focused

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Because you pay the juice when you bet a favourite & lose...... Is it possible to pay juice when you bet dogs?

jjgold

I will be having more tutorial videos this summer so stay tune for expert advice from a professional gambler

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I will be having more tutorial videos this summer so stay tune for expert advice from a professional gambler
    who are you going to be bringing in?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

corbroon's gonna bring in whole bunch of professional mental bettors...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    corbroon's gonna bring in whole bunch of professional mental bettors...
    Fish Head

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I play high juice but only on in play live.

If say the Royals are up by 2 runs after the 5th inning, and I know by history that they win that game 95% of the time, and say the price is -850, I am going to play it.

I think in play live with usually high juice is the only way to win at baseball and build a bankroll. It's way too random of game to make bets before it starts though.

High juice can still be in the players favor if you do the math on it and calculate probabilities of winning and losing.

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Corbin,
    I don't give a fuk if you are somewhat of a tard or suffer from a mild case of down's syndrome, you are always welcomed in my house!...we need to party and do some Maryland crabs and get you laid...give me a shout out if you are ever in the dc/baltimore area...and I'll pick up the tab!...
    Pussy n crabs sounds good right now.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I play high juice but only on in play live.

If say the Royals are up by 2 runs after the 5th inning, and I know by history that they win that game 95% of the time, and say the price is -850, I am going to play it.

I think in play live with usually high juice is the only way to win at baseball and build a bankroll. It's way too random of game to make bets before it starts though.

High juice can still be in the players favor if you do the math on it and calculate probabilities of winning and losing.
    Sooo many people get buried betting unbelievable juice live.

It may work out for you in the short term but I can't imagine that the chances of a team winning a game up by 2 in the 5th are 95%

Be very careful man.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

First game I looked at, win probability of a team up 3-1 in the 5th was 70%

Plaza23

I use sportsdatabase.com to look up in play scenarios on baseball.

The Royals are 85-5 the last two seasons when leading by > 1 run after the 5th inning.

The Royals are 101-8 when leading by at least 3 runs at any point in a game.

So if I have those types of situations come up where the win probability is more than 90%, as long as the juice is less than -900 I can play it and feel good.

The easiest way to play baseball is bet teams live that have great bullpens, or bet teams early that get a 3 or 4 run lead. Usually 5Dimes will put out something like -650 if a team gets a 3 or 4 run lead in say the 2nd or 3rd inning. But the actual probability of that team winning is far greater - like 90%+.

I only use this live betting method for baseball. Basketball, especially NBA, is stupid to be live unless you are just hunting better prices on the underdogs. There are so many runs in an NBA game that you could probably just trade live and make some dough. But just taking a team that gets a lead in the 2nd Q and thinking they'll hold that lead the entire game is dumb. I wouldn't recommend that.

But baseball it works for me.

Plaza23

I used to go on killer sports and use their queries because someone here recommended it. But sportsdatabase is the same thing. One of my favorite MLB queries is:

team = Mets and season > 2014 and biggest lead > 2

The Mets are 30-1 this year when leading by at least 3 runs at any point in a game. So if I'm betting the Mets live, the moment they get a 3 run lead I'm betting. They are only 39-7 (84%) when having a 2 run lead at a point in the game. So if they get a 2 run lead I probably hold off unless the price is less than -500. But once they get a 3 run, it's a lock to me I play it.

The only way to beat the juice is if the % are in your favor on all bets at all times. If they aren't, I don't play it.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Betting all dogs is obviously superior for someone with your handicapping skill set Coach. That way you drop your 48% win percentage even lower and just pay the juice on those very rare occasions when you win.

jjgold

Some tremendous info came out of this thread actually which is a very very good thing… I picked up some tips from you boys

DiggityDaggityDo

Some tremendous info came out of this thread actually which is a very very good thing… I picked up some tips from you boys

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Well Brocks favorite line was "It's not juice when your winning BOYSSSSS"
    The problem was h wasn't WINNING
    So GL JJ
    I got a Brock story that I asked him awhile back if I could tell across the street and he said he didn't care so I guess sharing is still kosher....

Anyhow, I was hanging out in Vegas with "his runner" when Brock starts lighting up his phone. He says the last game of the night is starting in 15 minutes and being stuck for the day he needs several dimes on this some huge favorite "regardless of the price." Being an advantageous sort of guy I have some huge rollover pending on a bonus offshore and look up a fair line and come with a plan to scalp out most of his bet there. I told his runner to let him know that I had enough in my pocket to cover the bet, can hand over the cash that second, and my price. Brock says no because he has to have a photo of the ticket (to post online?) so we head over to Palace Station which is the nearest sports book.

While his runner goes in I look up Station's price on my phone in the car and it is 30 cents worse than what I offered him. Now I'm kicking myself for not being more persistent booking the bet when his runner comes out and says that after he put in the bet the book moved the line another 30 cents off the fair line. Now I want to run back in and bet the other side but the game has already started...

Moral of the story: I was still pissed about even after his bet won and for some reason forgot to congratulate him on another successful time avoiding paying juice.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

jjgold

Brock has runners?

This kid is big time

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I use sportsdatabase.com to look up in play scenarios on baseball.

The Royals are 85-5 the last two seasons when leading by > 1 run after the 5th inning.

The Royals are 101-8 when leading by at least 3 runs at any point in a game.

So if I have those types of situations come up where the win probability is more than 90%, as long as the juice is less than -900 I can play it and feel good.

The easiest way to play baseball is bet teams live that have great bullpens, or bet teams early that get a 3 or 4 run lead. Usually 5Dimes will put out something like -650 if a team gets a 3 or 4 run lead in say the 2nd or 3rd inning. But the actual probability of that team winning is far greater - like 90%+.

I only use this live betting method for baseball. Basketball, especially NBA, is stupid to be live unless you are just hunting better prices on the underdogs. There are so many runs in an NBA game that you could probably just trade live and make some dough. But just taking a team that gets a lead in the 2nd Q and thinking they'll hold that lead the entire game is dumb. I wouldn't recommend that.

But baseball it works for me.
    More than 90% of all teams that have a 3 run lead in the 2nd inning win the game?

Plaza23

I usually just bet the good teams. Here are some records of teams when they have led by at least 3 runs in a game this year (obviously the price will be better if they get a lead really early and you get on it), and but you probably won't even get a ML if they get a 3+ run lead after the 6th.

Cardinals - 35-1
    Royals - 34-2
    Giants - 34-0
    Pirates - 36-1
    Mets - 30-1
    Yankees- 34-2

Overall teams are 878-88 when attaining at least a 3 run lead at any point in a major league game. That is a 90.9 winning %.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Remember reading a story some UK guy bet 10,000 to win 100$ on Roger Federer in Wimbledon against Donald Brown I think. Fed lost

First 123 Last