FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Don't fukk me here, pal. Let's get ittttttttttttt Cheers, mate.
    Slay the books with this bet Chael.
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave FlipsideRM 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

steelheaddan
    steelheaddan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Flip you make valid points and I will say both of these guys are playing out of their skulls right now. Yes Fed is public favorite, and yes there will be home court for Murray, but I think this is way more difficult than your other great wins this tourney. Current form and current lines I am getting is -120 Murray, -110 Fed. Both of their form is legit. No play for me, but did I say lay the juice with Serena and cash it. She will not be denied, her shots today were incredible...

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by steelheaddan View Post
    Flip you make valid points and I will say both of these guys are playing out of their skulls right now. Yes Fed is public favorite, and yes there will be home court for Murray, but I think this is way more difficult than your other great wins this tourney. Current form and current lines I am getting is -120 Murray, -110 Fed. Both of their form is legit. No play for me, but did I say lay the juice with Serena and cash it. She will not be denied, her shots today were incredible...
    I see a pretty decent edge for Murray so I'm playing it. I don't care how he wins, but he'll win.

Of course Serena rolls haha

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Just remember who you're betting against.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't put my money on that whiner. Especially vs the coolest Mother F--cker to ever play tennis.
    He went BETWEEN THE LEGS earlier in this tourney. AND1 Tennis!

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    I can't put my money on that whiner. Especially vs the coolest Mother F--cker to ever play tennis.
    He went BETWEEN THE LEGS earlier in this tourney. AND1 Tennis!

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Yeah no shit, but if theres an edge to who's more motivated it's gotta be Murray. Fed loses, oh well. Big Stain on Andy Murray if he loses this with a prime chance to win another final vs Djoker at HOME.

I like the way you point out 1 of my statements like it's the fuking key to my pick. NO! You even said yourself in a previous post that you look at "current form" as you sharpest angle to predicting a match. But then you rag on Murray for the way he beat Posp in straights lol. Fact is Murray has been playing out of his mind tennis the past few months on every surface. Now he's playing on arguably his best surface with home crowd behind him, in a tournament he just won 2 years ago vs an aging Fed.

Can it, youre annoying the way you attack every single post and hang on the tip of my cok everyday. We'll see tomorrow
    Totally disagree as soon as Murray won Wimbledon the rest of his career is pressure free, he's already a hall of fame cert and he's broke the British curse at Wimbledon if he doesn't win another slam it doesn't matter cause people in Britain only care about winning Wimbledon.

There is no stain if Murray loses, it's the same as if Murray wins the tournament he'll be the 4th best player of his generation and that's pretty much how it goes.

I'm a Murray fan whilst he had a great clay court season this year but he hasn't impressed me since he stepped foot onto the grass this season and i think he's going to lose in 4 tomorrow, plus his shoulder is bothering him when he's serving you can clearly see it the pace is about 15mph down after 2 sets.

Fed will win then lose to Novak again in the final.
    Last edited by Scottish; 07-09-15 at 05:49 PM.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Totally disagree as soon as Murray won Wimbledon the rest of his career is pressure free, he's already a hall of fame cert and he's broke the British curse at Wimbledon if he doesn't win another slam it doesn't matter cause people in Britain only care about winning Wimbledon.

There is no stain if Murray loses, it's the same as if Murray wins the tournament he'll be the 4th best player of his generation and that's pretty much how it goes.
    Yeah sure, maybe not public perception wise. But as far as Murrays personal feeling it will be a huge blow, the door is wide open. I fully expect him to step up to the challenge.

once again, think outside the box and stop thinking the way of the public. This isn't about how the fans feel after the match, this is about personal motivation. the effects of winning/losing this match are a lot more lopsided towards Murray at this stage of his career compared to feds

Scottish

Yeah sure, maybe not public perception wise. But as far as Murrays personal feeling it will be a huge blow, the door is wide open. I fully expect him to step up to the challenge.

once again, think outside the box and stop thinking the way of the public. This isn't about how the fans feel after the match, this is about personal motivation. the effects of winning/losing this match are a lot more lopsided towards Murray win or lose at this stage of his career compared to feds
    I would agree if Nadal wasn't looking done and Federer almost turning 34, the new generation are terrible so he's going to get plenty more chances where only Djokovic looks like strong opposition.

He probably has about 12/16 more slams where he's the 2nd fav to win.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

I would agree if Nadal wasn't looking done and Federer almost turning 34, the new generation are terrible so he's going to get plenty more chances where only Djokovic looks like strong opposition.
    He probably has about 12/16 more slams where he's the 2nd fav to win.
    So what's your point? He's not going to win because he can win next year lol?

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Situational Mental edge goes to Murray for sure.

Lifetime mental edge goes to Fed. Murray has been known to get down on himself quite a bit in the past and lacks Fed's tremendous confidence.

I can see Murray getting frustrated by Feds coolness. I can't see Fed getting rattled at all, ever.

Just my mental outlook here.

Scottish

So what's your point? He's not going to win because he can win next year lol?
    My point is this is one of Federers very last chances where as Murray has a lot more so if anyone is motivated more it has to be Federer.

It's been 3 years since Federer won a slam if he can't win this one the odds are he will never win another one since it seems like Wimbledon is his only realistic shot these days as there's more players who can play comfortably on the hard courts.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Situational Mental edge goes to Murray for sure.

Lifetime mental edge goes to Fed. Murray has been known to get down on himself quite a bit in the past and lacks Fed's tremendous confidence.

I can see Murray getting frustrated by Feds coolness. I can't see Fed getting rattled at all, ever.

Just my mental outlook here.
    in years/matches past I'd 100% agree with you. But Murray has turned the corner maturity wise for t he most part. This guy is a new player, his psyche has taken a 360 this last year

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

My point is this is one of Federers very last chances where as Murray has a lot more so if anyone is motivated more it has to be Federer.

It's been 3 years since Federer won a slam if he can't win this one the odds are he will never win another one since it seems like Wimbledon is his only realistic shot these days as there's more players who can play comfortably on the hard courts.
    Let's focus on this match, this year, this month. Not think ahead to next years Wimbledon. Both players are motivated, I'll let that be. Not going to argue about it anymore

yydouble
    Golf Expert

in years/matches past I'd 100% agree with you. But Murray has turned the corner maturity wise for t he most part. This guy is a new player, his psyche has taken a 360 this last year
    That is your best angle.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

That is your best angle.
    No, plenty of angles. Age, form, motivation, location, crowd support, etc

nosweat
    nosweat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

Flip- respect your plays/opinion but this is a toss up. I dont think its fair to say Murray has considerably better form when Federer has also been playing extremely well and his career record at Wimbledon speaks for itself. In fact, Murray in the third set against Seppi was abysmal and he played decent but not "out of his mind" against Karlovic. This is a tough play to put your house (or golf cart) on so BOL.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by nosweat View Post
    Flip- respect your plays/opinion but this is a toss up. I dont think its fair to say Murray has considerably better form when Federer has also been playing extremely well and his career record at Wimbledon speaks for itself. In fact, Murray in the third set against Seppi was abysmal and he played decent but not "out of his mind" against Karlovic. This is a tough play to put your house (or golf cart) on so BOL.

Respect your way as well. Should be a good match, Murray will be victorious come days ends.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Yeah no shit, but if theres an edge to who's more motivated it's gotta be Murray. Fed loses, oh well. Big Stain on Andy Murray if he loses this with a prime chance to win another final vs Djoker at HOME.

I like the way you point out 1 of my statements like it's the fuking key to my pick. NO! You even said yourself in a previous post that you look at "current form" as you sharpest angle to predicting a match. But then you rag on Murray for the way he beat Posp in straights lol. Fact is Murray has been playing out of his mind tennis the past few months on every surface. Now he's playing on arguably his best surface with home crowd behind him, in a tournament he just won 2 years ago vs an aging Fed.

Can it, youre annoying the way you attack every single post and hang on the tip of my cok everyday. We'll see tomorrow
    I just pointed out that one statement because it was complete bullshit. But ok let's see your other points. Murray is 6 years younger and he's the hometown guy. Wow sharp angles! I must've overlooked those! I'm sold. Combine that with the fact that when fed loses he'll be "happy hes 33 with 17 slams to his name" and it's a surefire lock.

It is about current form. You should know more than anyone Mr. 'I watch every match' that not all straight set victories are equal. He was always going to win in straights, but Murray did not win convincingly. If he struggles to break a scrub like pospisil how do you think he will fare against the best wimbledon player of all time? Fed won convincingly in straights against a much better all around player, one that actually deserved to be in the QF.

but here I am hanging on the tip of your cok just like every other day right?

back murray. he just might win. i respect your opinion but don't make up dumbass reasons as to why you're going all in on him and then get mad when michael jordan laughs at you.

Fed is the play here. Bet.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    I just pointed out that one statement because it was complete bullshit. But ok let's see your other points. Murray is 6 years younger and he's the hometown guy. Wow sharp angles! I must've overlooked those! I'm sold. Combine that with the fact that when fed loses he'll be "happy hes 33 with 17 slams to his name" and it's a surefire lock.

It is about current form. You should know more than anyone Mr. 'I watch every match' that not all straight set victories are equal. He was always going to win in straights, but Murray did not win convincingly. If he struggles to break a scrub like pospisil how do you think he will fare against the best wimbledon player of all time? Fed won convincingly in straights against a much better all around player, one that actually deserved to be in the QF.

back murray. he just might win. i respect your opinion but don't make up dumbass reasons as to why you're going all in on him and then get mad when michael jordan laughs at you.

touche. May the best man win.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

over 42.5?

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    over 42.5?
    Tough. Usually when it looks like a sure fire over, it stays way under. No play for me. Who's matty on?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Flipper I am worried for you

Good luck

That Dude
    That Dude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

OP is spot on here. At this point in his career Fed relies heavily on his serve to get free points but unfortunately he happens to be going against the best returner in the world. Murray will force him to work to hold serve which will eventually wear him down over the course of the match. Unless Fed serves out of his mind, Murray will take this match in 4.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
    OP is spot on here. At this point in his career Fed relies heavily on his serve to get free points but unfortunately he happens to be going against the best returner in the world. Murray will force him to work to hold serve which will eventually wear him down over the course of the match. Unless Fed serves out of his mind, Murray will take this match in 4.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Flipper I am worried for you

Good luck
    Im not worried and that's all that matters. Best of luck, hope you choose the right side jj. #rollwiththewinners

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Gun to head i go andy but it is too tough to call. Fed is playing his best tennis in 3-4 years

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
    murray great returner of serve but if u think he is best in the workd at return of serve u have not seen enough of novak. I hate novak but he is the best returner of serve since agassi

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Gun to head i go andy but it is too tough to call. Fed is playing his best tennis in 3-4 years
    Is that a joke? I really haven't been watching but I'm pretty sure he isn't.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post

you are putting too much on one match when u focus on andys win over popsicle or whatever the hell hus nane is. Difficult to fluke to a quarterfinal so give popsicle credit yo, he is in good form.

if forced i bet andy but no play for me

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ManeOnFire View Post
    Is that a joke? I really haven't been watching but I'm pretty sure he isn't.
    Fed is serving the best he has since 2012 wimbledon. If u dont believe it then u clearly have not been watching. I am very surprised that a near 34 yr old can play like this

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Fed is serving the best he has since 2012 wimbledon. If u dont believe it then u clearly have not been watching. I am very surprised that a near 34 yr old can play like this
    Does anyone else agree with this? I know @Dubai he was pretty amazing at least.

That Dude
    That Dude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

Djokovic is absolutely one the best returners of all time and the difference really is negligible but if I had to choose I would give the slightest edge to Murray. Although Agassi and Connors are still the best of all time in that regard.

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

for me, it looks like it might be tight .. i go with

Gasquet +7 1/2 -120
    Federer +3 -190

GL

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Fed s playing too good right now. Murray playing good too but this is Federer in the quarterfinals on grass. Have to take him here or I will feel dumb.

First 12345 Last