lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Jordan issue is the nba's fault.

once again the nba is an amateur league. so let me get this right. we all know where every player is going but no one is signed until the 9th even though free agency opens up on the 1st. stupidest rule ever.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

the wait is due to the league's need to finalize the official cap number for the following season. that said, of course the system is messed up. this has been viewed as a loophole for many years and many have spoke about the issue in the effort of getting it closed. the league should simply not open the FA period until the hard cap number is in, at which point contracts can be signed immediately.

i hope Cuban sues both the Clippers and the NBA. Adam Silver is a repulsive looking pedophile and Rivers/Ballmer are the worst clowns imaginable, so i'd love to see all of them pay a price.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave existential 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good point

A bunch of clowns

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Silver looks like Ben kingsley in schindlers list

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Silver is a players owner

Not real strong..PR guy

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Silver looks like Ben kingsley in schindlers list

Still going with Voldemort

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

None of this crap should even be available to the media or the public. It just creates bad publicity. Should be a gag rule on the whole mess. The media is bound and determined to pick out who was stupid - who got taken - those guys were really morons. Who made the media the wisest sports geniuses in the land? These media guys should just go to Vegas - bet all their money on the NBA futures - get rich and then come back and brag and write a book! Somebody that smart and they are working for peanuts!
    Points Awarded:

marcoloco gave BuckyOne 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    None of this crap should even be available to the media or the public. It just creates bad publicity. Should be a gag rule on the whole mess. The media is bound and determined to pick out who was stupid - who got taken - those guys were really morons. Who made the media the wisest sports geniuses in the land? These media guys should just go to Vegas - bet all their money on the NBA futures - get rich and then come back and brag and write a book! Somebody that smart and they are working for peanuts!

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

dont drink the kool-aid guys. everyone always believes everything the media tells them...

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

bad way to do business

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

this will take years for the mavericks to recover. tough to attract big name free agents when you're team isn't competitive.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    the wait is due to the league's need to finalize the official cap number for the following season. that said, of course the system is messed up. this has been viewed as a loophole for many years and many have spoke about the issue in the effort of getting it closed. the league should simply not open the FA period until the hard cap number is in, at which point contracts can be signed immediately.

i hope Cuban sues both the Clippers and the NBA. Adam Silver is a repulsive looking pedophile and Rivers/Ballmer are the worst clowns imaginable, so i'd love to see all of them pay a price.
    Sue them for what? Jordan had a verbal agreement/handshake deal ala Carlos Boozer. What did the clippers do wrong? Try to retain their own free agent? What did the NBA do wrong? Right or wrong it's been this way for years.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Sue them for what? Jordan had a verbal agreement/handshake deal ala Carlos Boozer. What did the clippers do wrong? Try to retain their own free agent? What did the NBA do wrong? Right or wrong it's been this way for years.
    agreed.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post

Figuring out the official cap is one thing, but I also think it also allows teams to negotiate and organize their plans. There are a lot of quirks within the cap and cap rules especially about when a player signs and how it affects the cap. I know in the case of the Spurs, Duncan has to sign before Aldridge or face cap penalties, but his salary might have been different if they didn't land LMA. I think it's supposed to give teams the chance to work those details out.

The biggest reason is plain 'ol selfishness. The NBA league office wants to be able to take vacation and close for the 4th of July holiday. If teams could start official business on the 1st, then the league offices would have to be open and staffed.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Just like the NFL, the NBA is simply trying to be a 365 league.

Obviously, no team should ever announce anything until the deal is inked.

"You just learned the 2 most important lessons: Always keep your mouth shut, and never say nothing to nobody" DeNiro "Goodfellas"