byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    I wonder why you can't bet on yourself in UFC. Bernard Hopkins once bet on himself against Tito Trinidad..and everyone knows it.
    Because they would quickly become tempted to do the easier thing and bet on themselves to lose.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Because they would quickly become tempted to do the easier thing and bet on themselves to lose.
    It probably happens once in a while..

These fighters have distant family members and or trust worthy cousins, step fathers, etc.. to place for them.... I do think most self betting is placed on them to win and not to lose on a good note though...

To throw a fight and turn to the dark side could happen if they are a washed up aging journeyman figher that were already thinking and looking to get out of the sport and in debt.. They are given a fight where they are close to even odds and then decide to throw it..... Never know??? It happened in boxing in the past so I'm sure it happens in MMA...

Example of - It sure looked liked Ken Shamrock might have tanked in that fight after he had the rear naked sunk in on Kimbo Slice... Just saying???

I know I could certainly get a large bet in using someone else other then myself and not let anyone know about it if I were given the opportunity..

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Ronda once said her corner bets on her.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I wonder why you can't bet on yourself in UFC. Bernard Hopkins once bet on himself against Tito Trinidad..and everyone knows it.
    You can, several fighters do this.

Oh and how does betting on your self correlate with WWE? You're not making much sense here, but that's SBR for you.

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

you can bet on yourself, many bet what they are making for that fight trying to double up

First 12