existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Cousins for Russell
    Straight up? LMFAO where can the Lakers sign?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Cousins for Russell no fukking way!! Not unless Kupchak on same drugs as Phil J lol. This could be their next "special" franchise guy who knows? And best they have drafted since what Worthy if he pans out? Think we've seen ceiling with Cousins he's just another dime a dozen nba guy with great talent but ultimately a loser much like his teammate Rudy. If this guy is a team cancer, or has character issues does anyone really think the atmosphere and LA life is a good mix?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Sac would never go for a 1/1 su deal anyhow in reality there's no way. Gonna want Russell couple more guys or Russel a another body either Julius/Nance with a pick or 2. After going thru last few seasons and almost done with this Kobe nightmare. They have a few nice young pieces to build around especially Russell why blow it all up now? Really wanna build your franchise around Cousins as your "it" man? I know 20/10 guys are very nice but if they don't have that killer instinct and only play 1 end of floor it's not a must have franchise gm changer.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Cousins for Russell

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Wtf is Philly doing building a hoop team or trying to accumulate a forest with tallest trees?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

karl wants to get rid of him but the owner doesn't.

he's staying suckramento.

existential

I'd love to see the Lakers snag Tobias Harris and Robin Lopez, both would be very underrated signings.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Lakers can't get any good free agents with old man Kobe still there. Nobody wants to play with that clown.

existential

Lakers getting second meeting with Aldridge, only Mitch and Scott will be present. Aldridge has made it clear he wants a 2nd superstar alongside him (not named Kobe) and that he doesn't want to play Center.

Seems like Lakers only slim chance with LMA is for Mitch to guarantee him that he won't bring back Kobe next offseason. And Mitch would also have to tell him that he believes the Lakers have a decent shot at Durant.

Overall, I still think Cousins or DeAndre Jordan would be far better fits for the Lakers because not only are both a lot younger than Aldridge, but that would also mean the Lakers could keep Randle at PF and have a potential front court like: Durant, Randle, Cousins/Jordan along with Russell at PG.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Existential, how in the world do the Lakers get Cousins without trading Randle and/or Russell? It can't be done. And honestly, it would probably take both of them.

existential

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Existential, how in the world do the Lakers get Cousins without trading Randle and/or Russell? It can't be done. And honestly, it would probably take both of them.
    Sorry, meant to say that potential front court trio could only happen if the Lakers somehow got DJ. Yes, Cousins would require both Russell and Randle. Kings are trying to do everything to get rid of Karl, but who's going to replace him? Calipari already laughed in their face. Kings might ultimately be forced to ship Cousins.

I don't want LMA for the Lakers because he's made it clear he doesn't want to play Center. So, instead of getting LMA and then having to move Randle with less leverage, I'd rather the Lakers stop pursuing LMA and just keep their young pieces instead. It wouldn't be a good fit for either side seeing that he's 30 and the Lakers are still several key moves away in all categories.. player personnel, coaching, front office.

Assuming no Cousins, DJ, or LMA happen, I'll be fine with that. Then the Lakers can start Russell and Randle and just let them play and grow all season. And Clarkson will get plenty of minutes subbing for Kobe. And then tank hard for a top 3 pick. (Giving the majority of minutes to Young at SF and Sacre at Center will help ensure the tank.)

Then top 3 pick next year and Kobe off the books, while Russell, Randle, and Clarkson are all still assets. That would be the best path to a rebuild considering the current circumstances. Just being realistic here..
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave existential 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    Sorry, meant to say that potential front court trio could only happen if the Lakers somehow got DJ. Yes, Cousins would require both Russell and Randle. Kings are trying to do everything to get rid of Karl, but who's going to replace him? Calipari already laughed in their face. Kings might ultimately be forced to ship Cousins.

I don't want LMA for the Lakers because he's made it clear he doesn't want to play Center. So, instead of getting LMA and then having to move Randle with less leverage, I'd rather the Lakers stop pursuing LMA and just keep their young pieces instead. It wouldn't be a good fit for either side seeing that he's 30 and the Lakers are still several key moves away in all categories.. player personnel, coaching, front office.

Assuming no Cousins, DJ, or LMA happen, I'll be fine with that. Then the Lakers can start Russell and Randle and just let them play and grow all season. And Clarkson will get plenty of minutes subbing for Kobe. And then tank hard for a top 3 pick. (Giving the majority of minutes to Young at SF and Sacre at Center will help ensure the tank.)

Then top 3 pick next year and Kobe off the books, while Russell, Randle, and Clarkson are all still assets. That would be the best path to a rebuild considering the current circumstances. Just being realistic here..
    Amen to that. Kobe needs to be gone and this needs to be Russell's and Randle's team. I would rather not trade away young talent for a crazy big man or sign a 30 YO jump shooting PF to a max deal. Get more pieces in the draft, find out what you have with the young guys. Re-sign Ed Davis and maybe grab Tobias Harris if you can get him for a reasonable price.

The Giant

I'm not really all that high on Aldridge either. Too old, and too much finesse.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, except, unfortunately, I think they're going to be too good to land in the bottom three. I'm not sure how they're going to eventually get better, if no one is ever interested in coming here. Maybe/hopefully Kobe really is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Amen to that. Kobe needs to be gone and this needs to be Russell's and Randle's team. I would rather not trade away young talent for a crazy big man or sign a 30 YO jump shooting PF to a max deal. Get more pieces in the draft, find out what you have with the young guys. Re-sign Ed Davis and maybe grab Tobias Harris if you can get him for a reasonable price.

Ed Davis is gone. He signed with Portland today.

existential

Ed Davis already signed for 3yr/$20M with the Blazers. I'd love to get Tobias, but dumping Young with 3 years left would be next to impossible without giving up something else decent or taking back an equally terrible player. I hate Young with a passion, but he's valuable for tanking purposes. Maybe they could unload him next offseason.

existential

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'm not really all that high on Aldridge either. Too old, and too much finesse.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, except, unfortunately, I think they're going to be too good to land in the bottom three. I'm not sure how they're going to eventually get better, if no one is ever interested in coming here. Maybe/hopefully Kobe really is the problem.
    true, that is a concern but what other strategy could they really employ? Randle was hurt in his first game, so he's a rookie just like Russell. and both of those rookies need lots of work on their defense. Kobe can't play defense any longer either. Young is a turnstyle and a chucker. and Sacre is pure filth on both ends. Clarkson probably their most complete player at this point and that's not really saying a ton.

if they all stay healthy though, they'll probably score the ball pretty well and that's where the tanking could fail. but they gave up 105+ ppg last season and i could see that climbing to 108+ especially if they play more tempo.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

DAMN YOU ED DAVIS!!!!

The Giant

Don't get me wrong, I'm convinced they're going to be bad. Really bad. But landing in the bottom three takes both being awful at basketball, and getting the lucky bounce of the ping-pong balls.

Look at the Knicks last year. They won 17 games, and ended up with the 4th pick.

Attempting to tank with these young kids is probably the wrong message, too. You never want to get used to losing. They should be trying to win every night. Might be a rough couple of seasons if they can't find anyone next off-season. It's never too early to look forward to the 2017 NBA draft, though...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

That's a pretty horrible contract though. Almost 7 mil a year???

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Sac offered 4yrs/64mil to Wes matthews. Matthews has to think it over. lolololol

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    DAMN YOU ED DAVIS!!!!
    Gaucher, no bugs left? Might have to start sacre at the 5

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Gaucher, no bugs left? Might have to start sacre at the 5
    NEVER!

Seriously though are we bringing Boozer back? More importantly where will Lin sign? We need answers

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    cousins isn't the answer. lakers are gonna be bad for a while.
    whens koby kid.graduate?

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ee-agency-2015

This seems like a terrible idea. Setting a definitive timeline or you're gone never ends up well. It's not really rebuilding if the Lakers trade away all their future in a couple years to be relevant again to meet the timeline, then have to endure another 5-6 years of rebuilding.

existential

Matthews to Dallas seems certain now. Will that be enough to sway Jordan to the Mavs?

could be:

Devin Harris
    Matthews
    Parsons
    Dirk
    Jordan

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ee-agency-2015

This seems like a terrible idea. Setting a definitive timeline or you're gone never ends up well. It's not really rebuilding if the Lakers trade away all their future in a couple years to be relevant again to meet the timeline, then have to endure another 5-6 years of rebuilding.
    Jimmy said this a while ago. Let's hope he keeps his promise.

Jimmy is a drug and alcohol abuser with a penchant for dark black hookers. Not that I care, provided they win.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Sac offered 4yrs/64mil to Wes matthews. Matthews has to think it over. lolololol
    Mathews is garbage... if kings gonna pay another no BB iq guy, they should gtfo of sacramento. tired of losing and bad trades

TwoWays

Matthews was a terrific two-way player preinjury. Don't know yet know. At leSt Kings will have cousins, rondo, and gay on nex years team. This is not Karl approved. That is for sure

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Cousins, Rondo and Gay what a fine mess if those 3 are leading your roster. On second coach in a year and he is on the hot seat or a lame duck along with new gm Divac. Ahh what great work by ownership in Sac town.

existential

Matthews to Dallas seems certain now. Will that be enough to sway Jordan to the Mavs?

could be:

Devin Harris
    Matthews
    Parsons
    Dirk
    Jordan
    Jordan on verge of accepting Mavs deal. 4yr/$80M

They'll have a couple issues if true..

1. Devin Harris is a better reserve than starter, but they won't have much cap room to get a real starter. Might bring Barea back.

2. Their bench will be quite poor.

TwoWays

U have to give it to chandler parsons. Guy is a hellava recruiter. He got Dwight to Houston. He got matthews to Dallas. And now got deandre to Dallas. Worth his pay in offcourt.

existential

U have to give it to chandler parsons. Guy is a hellava recruiter. He got Dwight to Houston. He got matthews to Dallas. And now got deandre to Dallas. Worth his pay in offcourt.
    Yeah, with his obscene overpay, at least he's doing some other work. There's still that speculation whether he had microfracture in the offseason after his knee injury, Mavs haven't disclosed that.

Meanwhile, Clippers might get Hibbert in a 3 team sign-and-trade for Ellis/Jordan/Hibbert. Mavs might be willing to 'help' Clippers in that regard if they can get something decent back from Indiana for Ellis.

TwoWays

As for Chris Paul, Damn what a bad look if Jordan willing to walk away from team so close to western champion just to get away from u

existential

As for Chris Paul, Damn what a bad look if Jordan willing to walk away from team so close to western champion just to get away from u
    Don't forget, the original feud was between Paul and Blake where Blake couldn't stand Paul. That seemed to settle down a bit, but then Jordan became the new beef.

The other drama that came out of this was that Jordan said he was worried about signing with the Clippers because in 2 years things could be very different - implication being that Blake will leave as a FA in 2 years.

All said, Paul deserves a ton of credit for making Jordan appear to be a two-way elite player. Jordan gets all the credit for his own athleticism, rebounding, and rim protection, but I'm skeptical about what kind of service he'll get from the Mavs' current PG personnel. They'll probably be able to get a pretty decent PG next offseason though. But they will also need to find a Dirk replacement and build a better bench, lots to do.

Matthews/DJ definitely a very nice upgrade over Ellis/Chandler but there's other issues. And DJ can opt out in 3 years. If Howard happens to breakdown in Houston by that time, that could be his next stop.

TwoWays

Rondo to kings on 1 yr contract. Kings now have gay, cousins, and rondo in the starting lineup. Team knucklehead is forming into shape. Coach Karl is being forced to quit so kings don't have to pay him.

existential

damn, Tobias back to the Magic for 4Y/$64M. so much for Magic not willing to exceed $13M to retain him.

this goes to show again why Cousins and his contract are so valuable, as he's only making $16.4M on average over the next 3 years.

First 12345 Last