greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

What happened to the NBA we grew up and loved?

That it can now be that what JR Smith just did is a flagrant foul? My god, I remember seeing plays like this not only not being a flagrant, but not even called as a common foul. Might as well put dresses on these littles bitches, they're treating them like little girls.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's the inconsistency that kills me. Everyone sees the play differently... and calls are coin flips. It shouldn't bet that way.

To me... it was just a personal foul. It was ROUGH. But just a personal foul.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They have to calm down with those flagrant foul and let them play and it's becoming a pussy game

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

That was flagrant. Easy call. Can't see how anyone can dispute. If this were rugby then id be ok

Cordoba25
    Cordoba25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3682

Not watching the game at the moment but no arguring with the fact that the game's been pussified.

What irks me the most is that many times they'll show hard fouls/ chippy plays on TV previews for the upcoming game to drum up ratings... only to later penalize teams/ players for same said hard fouls/ chippy plays.

Lets go to the instant review to see if it was a flagrant 1 or flagrant 2. GTFO here. I'm not talking about dirtyness. But hard fouls.. in the playoffs.. they should just let 'em play. 80's style NBA.

Cordoba25
    Cordoba25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3682

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They have to calm down with those flagrant foul and let them play and it's becoming a pussy game
    It's way past becoming. It's already become.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

jr smith looked like he took 4 steps before that last 3 pointer, its laughable all around top to bottom

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Nba will always be a pussy sport

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Lakers used to be the team.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Curry can DL #400 bruh
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Way too many reviews on hard fouls it's ridiculous

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Yeah.
    But even mid 90s it was a totally different game. Used to watch a lot, now rarely.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Jordan's Bulls/ Isiah's Pistons/ Reggie's Pacers teams would never finish a game in the 2015 NBA. Its all ticky tack fouls! Everyone is a p*ssy and whines after every call!

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greenhippo and Zizzler I agree. Game has changed these days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo, and zizoudane10

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

GO back to knicks vs heat days those playoffs were amazing

krs
    krs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4993

David Stern wanted to take the 'thug' image out of the game. Race was as factor as well. He decided that any change in physical play was worth the image he preferred. That attitude still prevails.

I recently watched a 30 for 30 about the Detroit Pistons of Isaiah, Lambeer, etc. Amazing how different and pussified the game is now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

In the 80's, codgers were probably complaining about how pussified the game was compared to the 50's.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Golden State refs probably wants the Warriors to win.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

2 words can be used to describe when and how the NBA became a homo league:
    Lebron James
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

If you watched bball in the past, that shit in the early 90s? That was not basketball dude. That was disgrace to the game of basketball. Tackling guys when they're in the air to prevent a layup. You're saying you miss that? That's ridiculous... The years of the bad boys were some of the worst officiated years in any sport in the history of this country. You want to watch guys tackling each other then watch football or rugby or hockey.

The regular season officiating is a lot tighter, but these playoffs have been super physical. I'm not sure which games you're watching. The flagrant fouls are really about just not going for the neck and head area. James Jones pulled down Iguadala on a dunk attempt. Dangerous play but that was a good hard foul.

They say you can't handcheck in today's game but guys handcheck all the time in the playoffs and it's not called. Lebron gets handchecked on every play literally. Those are good clean plays.

These officials are pretty amazing. I dunno what game you're watching. Have you ever watched college basketball? Lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    David Stern wanted to take the 'thug' image out of the game. Race was as factor as well. He decided that any change in physical play was worth the image he preferred. That attitude still prevails.

I recently watched a 30 for 30 about the Detroit Pistons of Isaiah, Lambeer, etc. Amazing how different and pussified the game is now.
    You have no clue what your'e talking about or you probably don't play basketball. I grew up in Detroit and live here. I grew up on the bad boys. Basketball was still great then, but when you see Lambeer and Mahorn doing what they do. They are two of the dirtiest players in any sport. They wanted to ruin your career, put you in the hospital. You consider that basketball?

You're clueless.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Curry can DL #400 bruh
    Anybody with a vertical over 30inches should DL at least 450 to 500 if they workout with weights.

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If you watched bball in the past, that shit in the early 90s? That was not basketball dude. That was disgrace to the game of basketball. Tackling guys when they're in the air to prevent a layup. You're saying you miss that? That's ridiculous... The years of the bad boys were some of the worst officiated years in any sport in the history of this country. You want to watch guys tackling each other then watch football or rugby or hockey.

The regular season officiating is a lot tighter, but these playoffs have been super physical. I'm not sure which games you're watching. The flagrant fouls are really about just not going for the neck and head area. James Jones pulled down Iguadala on a dunk attempt. Dangerous play but that was a good hard foul.

They say you can't handcheck in today's game but guys handcheck all the time in the playoffs and it's not called. Lebron gets handchecked on every play literally. Those are good clean plays.

These officials are pretty amazing. I dunno what game you're watching. Have you ever watched college basketball? Lol.
    Thank you Goat. I think this people has a lil knowledge about the game of basketball

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Nice comments by Goat, I agree.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    You have no clue what your'e talking about or you probably don't play basketball. I grew up in Detroit and live here. I grew up on the bad boys. Basketball was still great then, but when you see Lambeer and Mahorn doing what they do. They are two of the dirtiest players in any sport. They wanted to ruin your career, put you in the hospital. You consider that basketball?

You're clueless.
    Goat did you ever answer Giant in the other thread???? I didnt see it

Were you born before the 60's?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

That was flagrant.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by KuLaPhU View Post
    Thank you Goat. I think this people has a lil knowledge about the game of basketball
    Hey, GED, at least post like you have some kind of formal education. Can someone translate whatever form of retard this post was so I can understand it?

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

The Bad Boys Pistons are rolling over their Graves

The Chief and McHale Celtics are rolling over

The Anthony Mason Charles Oakley Knicks are rolling over

The Ron Harper Pippen Jordan Rodman Bulls are rolling over

The NBA is a ballerinas league now which is why the team with the most floppers like Curry and Green wins now. Before them it was the Heat, and Spurs who were notorious floppers and won championships because of flopping. This is why the NFL has gotten so popular since the NBA has become more pussified. I'd rather watch preseason NFL games than the NBA and I'm not alone

RIP NBA