PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Judge charges Cleveland police officers with the murder of 12 year old Tamir Rice

About time a Judge has a big enough nut sack to stand up against the powers behind the curtain.....

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

This won't go over well.

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

Idk man seems like the cop had a legit reason to fear for his life and when coming to the scene the kid is clearly reaching for the gun. Sucks that the kid died. Seems like a shit situation all around. Murder is certainly a stretch in my eyes though

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Here come the white riots. Time to burn a Starbucks down.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy22 View Post
    Idk man seems like the cop had a legit reason to fear for his life and when coming to the scene the kid is clearly reaching for the gun. Sucks that the kid died. Seems like a shit situation all around. Murder is certainly a stretch in my eyes though
    Definitely murder. No procedure followed, cops feared nothing simply saw a black kid and saw a reason they felt would hold up so they killed. Seems the correct way would have been to be at a distance, cops negotiate, get behind car doors, etc. Then the cop tried to cover his tail by saying the 12 yr old looked 20, lol. I've been in this same situation and have told about it once here. We were 15-16 a friend and I were outside a bank after school one day with cap guns playing around, literally about 3 min. later we turned around, 4 cop cars had swarmed us saying freeze all standing behind their doors with guns drawn about 15 yards away, we had the cap guns by our side, we were in shock luckily no cop fired and they followed procedure. They took the cap guns and let us go on our way, no report, just get out of here.
    Last edited by jtoler; 06-13-15 at 02:55 PM.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Just a dog and pony show for now, the riots will start when the return the not guilty verdict.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Did someone win a hockey game?

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Definitely murder. No procedure followed, cops feared nothing simply saw a black kid and saw a reason they felt would hold up so they killed. Seems the correct way would have been to be at a distance, cops negotiate, get behind car doors, etc. Then the cop tried to cover his tail by saying the 12 yr old looked 20, lol. I've been in this same situation and have told about it once here. We were 15-16 a friend and I were outside a bank after school one day with cap guns playing around, literally about 3 min. later we turned around, 4 cop cars had swarmed us saying freeze all standing behind their doors with guns drawn about 15 yards away, we had the cap guns by our side, we were in shock luckily no cop fired and they followed procedure. They took the cap guns and let us go on our way, no report, just get out of here.
    Youre right. They did come in super aggressive. As far as a murder charge. That will be hard to make stick

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH

They will need a lot more than this video to convict murder

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH

Whatever they get. Hopefully the book will be thrown at them. Sick of this shit man

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Don't be playing with a bb gun in a park. Kids should play with bb guns in a field.
    Police should of shot the parents and put the kid in with some parents that could teach the kid a little common sense.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

IMO out of all of the Mike Brown and Freddie Gray cases, this was one that I was surprised didn't get more attention. Unless something happened off camera that we can't see(or audio we can't hear), I think the officer that did the shooting acted much too quickly and should be charged with something.

One of the problems with this case is that the environment where this happened was known for gun violence amongst young teens, which is why these cops most likely acted as fast as they did thinking it was "just another one of those kind of kids", but they were wrong. This also explains why the 9-1-1 call was made in the first place.

The cops were also never relayed the info from the dispatcher that the gun that the kid had may be just a toy.
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-13-15 at 04:11 PM.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

4 foot tall 90 pounds...Kid would probably knock himself out shooting the gun. Cop seemed to have overreacted, but again, why in the world he playing with a bb gun in a park...with his upbringing I'm sure if it woulda been a real gun within 5 years, so maybe the cop should of gotten a medal. Who really knows. hopefully they go with not guilty and then we can watch some more riots, probably what the parents want too.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

A cop is a trained professional. In this case, his first instinct shouldn't be to shoot first and ask questions later. There are a lot of other choices that could have and should have been made. He took a life, and at the very least he needs to stand trial for that.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    4 foot tall 90 pounds...Kid would probably knock himself out shooting the gun. Cop seemed to have overreacted, but again, why in the world he playing with a bb gun in a park...with his upbringing I'm sure if it woulda been a real gun within 5 years, so maybe the cop should of gotten a medal. Who really knows. hopefully they go with not guilty and then we can watch some more riots, probably what the parents want too.
    Ohio is an open carry state. It's not illegal to have a gun in public. Shouldn't the police take a second to at least introduce themselves before shooting somebody down like they're in a video game?

Tamir Rice, and also John Crawford (holding fake gun in Wal Mart) both immediately gunned down in Ohio despite this.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
    Ohio is an open carry state. It's not illegal to have a gun in public. Shouldn't the police take a second to at least introduce themselves before shooting somebody down like they're in a video game?

Tamir Rice, and also John Crawford (holding fake gun in Wal Mart) both immediately gunned down in Ohio despite this.
    Very true, but Open Carry means carrying a gun on your person, not waving it around in public in your hand. This is what got the cops called there in the first place

IMO, people need to stop rushing to call 9-1-1 so fast. But then again, if you live in an area where there are problems with guns, I guess the calls will be inevitable.
    Last edited by Kermit; 06-13-15 at 04:24 PM.

jtoler

Don't think they ever saw the gun either, think it was in his pocket. They didn't get a call that someone was shooting, heard shots, shooting/killing people so I don't see how a cop could ride up so fast and just unload, it almost seems like he's so anxious he's shooting before he exits the car. I have no training and know and wouldn't have handled that situation like that.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Don't think they ever saw the gun either, think it was in his pocket. They didn't get a call that someone was shooting, heard shots, shooting/killing people so I don't see how a cop could ride up so fast and just unload, it almost seems like he's so anxious he's shooting before he exits the car. I have no training and know and wouldn't have handled that situation like that.
    Agree. Like I said, I think they shot too fast.

Having said that, IF this kid did have a real gun, do you feel that would change anything in how this was handled?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

No chance he will be convicted of murder. This is where so many prosecutors fukk up. They could get manslaughter tho. In some states the jury has a choice to go for a lessor count but in others they don't.

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    No chance he will be convicted of murder. This is where so many prosecutors fukk up. They could get manslaughter tho. In some states the jury has a choice to go for a lessor count but in others they don't.
    This

Kermit

I remember when this case first came out and this video emerged, a news station had shown the entire video to a group of people(black and some white) who didn't know anything about the situation, most thought that what the cops did was right as they felt the kid was a threat having a gun in public. When they were then told the gun was a toy, they started changing their minds.

This is just a fukked up situation all around.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good job

finally cops going down

things changing

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they actually thought that he had a real gun why did they just casually drive on up beside him get out and shoot him?

In other words

They showed no sense of fear or danger.........

If they thought the child was really packin heat they would've been at least 100ft away using the patrol car as a baracade.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    If they actually thought that he had a real gun why did they just casually drive on up beside him get out and shoot him?

In other words

They showed no sense of fear or danger.........

If they thought the child was really packin heat they would've been at least 100ft away using the patrol car as a baracade.
    Exactly.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Wasn't there another very recent case where the cop got off because the prosecutor went for manslaughter instead of murder? And the judge suggested he had no choice but to acquit as it was not manslaughter but probably murder.

Guilty or not, it's good to see police being held to judicial account. Keep doing that enough of the time and police/public relations will improve naturally.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    why in the world he playing with a bb gun in a park
    Because he's a child

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cops just have to be smarter and recognize a real dangerous situation and not overreact

Kermit

One thing that sounded kind of shitty that I read today was that after Tamir was shot and his mom got there, there was an FBI agent that was attending to Tamir and he claimed Tamir's mother didn't seem concerned about her son while she was on her phone and then was yelling at the police about how she was going to get paid.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    One thing that sounded kind of shitty that I read today was that after Tamir was shot and his mom got there, there was an FBI agent that was attending to Tamir and he claimed Tamir's mother didn't seem concerned about her son while she was on her phone and then was yelling at the police about how she was going to get paid.
    Your point is?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Your point is?
    I think I just gave my point. Sorry if you chose to miss it.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Your point is you think he had a shitty mom?
    Last edited by GUMMO77; 06-14-15 at 10:01 AM.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

How did this boy get the gun from?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Was a BB gun a toy?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.