edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Completely improper procedure but not a murder charge more like second degree manslaughter. Hope their not charging with murder so they get a guaranteed acquittal like many have stated. Heart goes out to the child and his family.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

no surprise the cops lied, just insane the lies are on video and they still got off with murder. Only thing more pathetic than the police are the sheep who support them like the dumbasses you are.

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-v...hooting-2017-4

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Most intelligent thread about a real life situation we have had that didn't deteriorate into stupidity. Good stuff.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

The shooting was and is legit. The fact officers were even charged equates to: good-luck ever getting a decent person to sign up and want to work as a Police Officer. You think the cops are bad now? let this take a precedent and see how fast the standards fall. You'll have cities hiring from a shallow pool and the results will soon follow.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    The shooting was and is legit. The fact officers were even charged equates to: good-luck ever getting a decent person to sign up and want to work as a Police Officer. You think the cops are bad now? let this take a precedent and see how fast the standards fall. You'll have cities hiring from a shallow pool and the results will soon follow.
    Recon1 - you obviously don't know cops? They are already hiring the worst of the worst. Guys and girls that were bullied growing up and couldn't get a good job after school or in the military decide to be cops as LAST CHOICE. These are who are out there to protect and serve. Most police officers are sheep that can't think for themselves. Now there are some great officers out there, don't get me wrong but there's also some very low IQ, low trained, ill equipped cops as well.

Cops use to have to wait until a suspect pointed a gun in their direction before they shot. Now they can come out firing and then say, they "THOUGHT" the suspect had a gun, even if it's a toy gun or hoagie sandwich. A well trained officer would have not rushed up right next to the kid in any situation and would have been at a safe distance first. Open carry means just that. You can open carry a gun. The police can't just come up and pump you full of bullets just because you are carrying. They should have to wait until they are threatened with the gun pointed at them.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Recon1 - you obviously don't know cops? They are already hiring the worst of the worst. Guys and girls that were bullied growing up and couldn't get a good job after school or in the military decide to be cops as LAST CHOICE. These are who are out there to protect and serve. Most police officers are sheep that can't think for themselves. Now there are some great officers out there, don't get me wrong but there's also some very low IQ, low trained, ill equipped cops as well.

Cops use to have to wait until a suspect pointed a gun in their direction before they shot. Now they can come out firing and then say, they "THOUGHT" the suspect had a gun, even if it's a toy gun or hoagie sandwich. A well trained officer would have not rushed up right next to the kid in any situation and would have been at a safe distance first. Open carry means just that. You can open carry a gun. The police can't just come up and pump you full of bullets just because you are carrying. They should have to wait until they are threatened with the gun pointed at them.
    You make valid points Mac, but use a broad brush. i'll keep most comments of mine relating to the case of this kid being eliminated in Cleveland and i'll add the video of what happened. Police are called regarding a black male in a park wildly waving a gun. Police arrive and kid walks towards cops aggressively and starts taking out a gun from waistband and kid is dispatched to clown town. What am i missing? should cops wait and see till gun is real? really, think about it? kid is dead because he's listened to too many rap songs glorifying thug life and probably more social issues that kids are brainwashed with these days.

I'd like to see the testimony or report where officers said they "Thought" suspect had a gun. Suspect clearly had a gun and was deploying it as officers approached him. Officers approach is within training on this particular call, remember 911 callers were stating suspect had gun, in park and acting aggressively. This kicks active shooter training into gear for cops. They are trained to take the threat on immediately and take the potential shooters targets off the public and onto themselves. so, yes the cops did what was trained by most police forces nationwide and got right into suspects vicinity thus gaining his full attention.

Best of my knowledge cops have never had to wait for a person to point a gun before using lethal force, cops can and will shoot when the suspect fails to comply, taking an aggressive demeanor, show risk to the surrounding public and the list goes on. as far as open carry, this incident wasn't about that Constitutional right to keep and bare arms. Open carry comes with a responsibility to have firearm securely fastened in an appropriate holster in open view. This does not allow a person to unholster and act recklessly while waving around a firearm in public without repercussions.

I'm only assuming here and I've been watching the show cops since i was a little kid so, i may be wrong, just sayin'

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Ok this is for the white posters only. Hypothetically speaking: say the kid was white, would you still feel that the cops actions were justified? If you say yes then I think you're wrong if you say no, You are a raciiiiiiisssssst. ✨��

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Kid at Park , looks underage, yeh he's probably packing heat...

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    lol are you kidding?

you clearly do not know the police

"decent" people are not police officers so you just ruined your argument before you started. You're sick in the head if you think that shooting was legit especially AFTER THE COPS WERE PROVEN TO BE LYING.. lol

brooks85

there are some "decent" police officers but they are often retired like the one who has spoken about why shootings like this happen. Officers are brainwashed during training, no different than liberals being brainwashed.

There are even active, "decent," officers and they are apart of an group called LEAP( Law enforcement against prohibition). So, out of the 600k+ sworn-in law enforcement in this country, there are a relatively few "decent" ones.

These two lying pos's are not apart of the "decent" group. They are just typical cops who ****** up terribly bad and were taught to lie their ass off and don't even worry about it being on camera... lol

brooks85

and anyone who thinks letting veterans become police officers was a good idea or still is, is a penetrating moron.

Of course, from the agenda stand point of the police it's a genius idea. Want a mindless body that will follow orders and coverup crimes under some BS guise of brotherhood? Perfect match

very, very hard for a human to psychologically forget he is back home and stop playing his military role. Truly the worse possible candidates to be police officers and there was surge of hiring after Iraq War... want a terrible group of veterans to pick from when you consider their daily role in that "war." No one can logically deny that which is why I've said it.
    Last edited by brooks85; 04-27-17 at 10:49 AM.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I don't think murder is the correct charge. But would keep an open mind. What was said in that patrol car? The dispatcher?

The video shows terrible police work imo, and that's at best. This will likely be a negligent homicide rap for the shooter and maybe both. I could see a plea bargain on this one. The video, while very disturbing, may not quite be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I would hate to see these two cops walk.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol are you kidding?

"decent" people are not police officers so you just ruined your argument before you started. You're sick in the head if you think that shooting was legit especially AFTER THE COPS WERE PROVEN TO BE LYING.. lol
    I kept my points 100% on the video, the caller statements to 911 and actions that lead this misguided kid to clown town. You responded with personal statements. So, actually you lose.

Callers to dispatch: Kid in park waving a gun around acting crazy.

Cops receive intel and respond with intention to stop a potential active shooter.

Cops arrive and immediately take on potential shooter.

Suspect stands up approaches cop car reaches into waistband and starts pulling out pistol.

Cops: Bang, bang

suspect: In clown town.

then heres this sound as he bleeds out

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol are you kidding?

"decent" people are not police officers
    so you just ruined your argument before you started. You're sick in the head if you think that shooting was legit especially AFTER THE COPS WERE PROVEN TO BE LYING.. lol
    sorry pal, but there are a lot of people who give a damn about their community, who are police officers. I have daily interactions with many police officers and know them on a more personal level than most...in any business there are dumb shits and bad apples...not all cops are racist, bullied kids who can't do anything else...do you know how many car wrecks and bull shit calls they respond too? one news story and now all cops are racist trigger happy retards working for the "powers that be"....unreal

First 12