• 1 25.00%
  • 0 0%
    statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Who still believes in Global Warming?

let's just take a little poll to determine the overall IQ of SBR forum

and please recognize the importance of this question as it relates to our chosen endeavor. if you cannot properly intake the mountains of statistical data and reach a solid, informed conclusion based in math, you should not be handicapping, betting or operating heavy machinery.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Global Warming is a misnomer, especially this time of year when all the mouthbreathers come out to say things like "warming?? this is the coldest winter in years!!"...

What we have to worry about is drastic climate/temperature/weather fluctuations, which are clearly caused by the human impact of the last 50 years and what will eventually lead to mass species extinction. So when people say "global warming is bullshit, this cold spell is proof of that," they're usually too stupid to understand that they are supporting the very phenomenon they think they're contradicting.
    Points Awarded:

Pokerjoe gave Hoja Verdes 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pokerjoe gave Hoja Verdes 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

biggest hoax

California's oceans are colder today than in years. Ocean and plant life in the pacific have flourished after years of decline.

I believe the scientists that say it is largely based of the Sun's solar activity and that this is just a normal trend.

This whole global warming hysteria is a way to allocate billions of tax payer dollars for friends and special interest groups.

Believe what you want but there is no question that is what's happening.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I flipped a coin while driving a fork-lift, came up heads (yes)

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

everyone who argues that global warming isn't man-made should be shot immediatly,
    if things go worse the human race could be extinguished in 200 years.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

ahhh, so now we will conveniently alter the name to climate change, got it. something that only has been happening on Earth for billions of years. i think you are grossly over-estimating the importance of the human race and our impact. we are fleas on the back of mother earth and if she decides to shake us off, so be it.

BUT, YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT....

this thread is not to be used by the knuckle-draggers on both sides to insult one another, it is to illustrate that lacking the ability to think for yourself, you should not invest time nor money into capping or betting.

if you choose to ignore the decline in temps over years, you probably choose to ignore that Top 20 Defenses in Bowl Games this year ar 12-2 SU/ATS. part of why i slammed Iowa last night.

if you ignore articles from 1922 that warned of melting ice caps and rising oceans, you probably ignore data such as only 2 teams have won a SB since 2000 while having a defense not ranked in the Top 10 in the NFL.

if you choose to listen to Gore on weather and believe him, you are gullible enough to listen to Lang when capping games.

if you trust the MSM as being 'experts' on the climate, you probably trust ESPN, Fox Sports, my avatar and any other 'expert' on who will win and/or cover games.

you cannot be blinded by the people 'presenting' the data. you have to find that shit on your own, analyze it and reach a logical conclusion. people are going to lie to you, as statisticians are fond of saying

In God we Trust, All Others Bring DATA
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Smogs, and illfuuptn

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Global warming is indisputable.
    The only question is whether it is part of a natural cycle or if mankind is a significant contributor.

It would tend towards the former, but I wouldn´t make a claim either way with any great confidence.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Global warming is manmade. When we talk about global warming we mean the warming of the seas by a few degrees in the last 200 years since industrial revolution. It has nothing to do with being 40 degrees below in Wahoo Montana this year.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Global Warming is a scam too big to fail.

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

If you do go hang outside naked for a few hours then come back in and decide again.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post
    If you do go hang outside naked for a few hours then come back in and decide again.
    Jay Leno is hiring writers for his show. Apply.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

LAST WARNING: STAY FOCUSED!!!!!!!

FUKK THE DEBATE ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING

THINK BIG PICTURE:

Consider the hype behind global warming and think of what that translates to in sports?

my example?

the '07 Pats. all the hype in the world and how many games did they cover after the -24 line vs Philly (a game had Philly +24 and the ML!!!!!). but for all the hype and all the offense, they lost the Superbowl. because during the craze, no one checked their emotions at the door and picked up on the fact that they had an aging defense that sucked, except this guy. Yes, NYG +13 and the ML for the SB.

how do you cap a game? how did you form your stance on global warming?

unless you have a critical thinking process in place with steps to follow, you might have reached an incorrect solution.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post

EXACTLY!!

On the news there like "and in world news, theirs global warming so u should feel bad about youre life. And in the weather today, ITS FUKING MINUS 20 DEGREES OUTSIDE!"

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Hottest year on record (for over 142 years anyway since records began being kept here) where i live last year (SA, Aus).....An average of 0.9 degrees warmer last decade (compared to any other decade recorded) with noticable increase in hot spells and severity of heat as well (drier). Next 4 days here forecasted for 41 plus degrees (115 faronheit, one of the hottest places on earth this time of year) which once was unheard of but now becoming more common place with each passing season, esp noticable over previous 5 seasons
    Its the older generation i feel for in this heat as alot of them just dont stand a chance and drop like flies, as has been proven in the past Wish i could be as dismissive and farcical about the effects of global warming as some of you gents but what can i say, in my part of the world we are no longer talking about what effects global warming may have, instead global warming has arrived, is here to stay and all the talking and statistical number crunching in the world wont do sh$t to stop that....

statnerds
    Put me in coach

why is it hotter at the Equator than either Pole?

why is the AFC wide open for the SB this year?

if you can't answer either, don't ever bet football again, or have children.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

What do thousands of scientists know? Its cold out so of course global warming is a big lie.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

I'd like to put Al Gore in a fvcking sleeper hold

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    What do thousands of scientists know? Its cold out so of course global warming is a big lie.
    Exactly. If global warming was a real threat Jesus would have warned us about it in the Bible.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    I'd like to put Al Gore in a fvcking sleeper hold
    Interesting...Freud would say there's probably a little more to your statement.

bighank33
    bighank33's Avatar Become A Pro!

its suppose to be -10 for a high today. hehe.

Tail My Lock
    Tail My Lock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-30-15 at 12:31 PM. Reason: image does not exist

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8317

I voted yes but not 100% sure but something is causing the ice caps to melt what else could it be no one offers any other suggestions if you don't believe please tell us whats causing this I guess heat from the ocean at the poles LOL!!!!!!!!!! Please convince me what else it is !!!!!!!!!!!

DwightShrute

Watch all 9 parts for free on youtube. you then decide.

Tail My Lock
    Tail My Lock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    What do thousands of scientists know?
    You have to wonder.

Global warming leads to more hurricanes

Global Warming to Decrease Hurricanes, Study Says

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...urricanes.html
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-30-15 at 12:47 PM. Reason: link does not work

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    why is it hotter at the Equator than either Pole?
    This is easy. The earth is a sphere like a tennis ball. The sun is a sphere like a basketball. Now the sun is the hot potato. Go in your garage and take a tennis ball and a basketball and place them a few feet apart on the floor. Then take a measuring tape and measure the distance between the tops of balls and the sides of the balls. Then you have your answer.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-30-15 at 12:32 PM.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Change your question to "Who believes in cyclical climate change that is, to x-degree, compounded by man's ignorance, greed and technology?" and I'll answer your question.

By the way, I love Reese's peanut butter cups.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4985

If Global Warming was real, why would scientists have to manipulate, distort, and throw out data that didn't fit their agenda?

To believe that man can effect the climate of the Earth is the highest form of arrogance.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4985

Also if Global Warming was real, the polar bears would want it to continue. Their numbers have grown massively in the last 20 years.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Also if Global Warming was real, the polar bears would want it to continue. Their numbers have grown massively in the last 20 years.
    That's because there is more grass grown now with the ground not being frozen for more time in the year.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me put this in an analogy for you:

Global warming is because of mankind destruction as
    Earth being here because a Christian God creating it

Give me a fukkin break. Plenty of stuff out disproving global warming due to mankind. I can't believe this is even a topic.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-30-15 at 12:32 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no debate that global warming is real. It is a statistical fact.

If you want to argue whether or not it is caused by man, then I guess there is something to talk about there. It's about on par with guys arguing that the moon landing didn't happen - but this is the internet so you should be able to find plenty of guys on board.

DwightShrute

Leaked Emails Confirm Global Warming Hoax

November 21, 2009 ~ Byron Ruffin

"I'm getting hassled by a couple of people to release the CRU station temperature data. Don't any of you three tell anybody that the UK has a Freedom of Information Act !"
    - Professor Phil Jones, Climatic Research Unit Director
    "In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.... All these dangers are caused by human intervention... The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."
    -"The First Global Revolution" (1991) published by the Club of Rome, a globalist think tank
    New revelations concerning global warming, or lack thereof, have recently come to light which have global warming skeptics like myself screaming "hoax" at the top of their lungs. The information was obtained by "FOIA". No, not the Freedom of Information Act, but an anonymous hacker who apparently thought the name would be a good joke, and I must agree that it certainly is. Everybody loves a smart-ass.
    The hacker calling himself "FOIA" managed to break in to the server at University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit , a prominent British climate research center and leaked years worth of e-mail messages onto the Web, including one with a reference to a plan to "hide the decline" in temperatures.
    Download leaked emails.

Phil Jones, the head of the climate research unit says the skeptics have taken the comment out context from an e-mail he wrote in 1999: "I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd [sic] from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."
    One of the emails also shows evidence of collusion to control the peer review process in order to manipulate "accepted" science: "I think we have to stop considering Climate Research as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board... What do others think?"
    The "Convenient Lie" being pushed by the global elite such as David Mayer Rothschild, Al Gore, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Kenya-Born Barack Obama and many others will catch up with them as a flood of information continues to show that the global warming theory does not hold water.
    It is important to mention here that according to the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, as of March 16, 2009 more than 700 scientists have put their names on a US Senate Minority report challenging the UN's International Panel on Climate Change that there is a scientific "consensus" on the causes of global warming. There are only 52 supporting UN scientists who authored the media hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.
    Richard Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations, stated in his article "State sovereignty must be altered in globalized era," that a system of world government must be created and sovereignty eliminated in order to fight global warming, as well as terrorism. "Moreover, states must be prepared to cede some sovereignty to world bodies if the international system is to function," says Haass. "Globalization thus implies that sovereignty is not only becoming weaker in reality, but that it needs to become weaker. States would be wise to weaken sovereignty in order to protect themselves..."
    A few excerpts from the Climat Research Unit's leaked emails:
    0876437553 - "I am very strongly in favor of as wide and rapid a distribution as possible for endorsements. I think the only thing that counts is numbers. The media is going to say "1000 scientists signed" or "1500 signed". No one is going to check if it is 600 with PhDs versus 2000 without. They will mention the prominent ones, but that is a different story."
    0942777075 - "I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."
    1254108338 - "So, if we could reduce the ocean blip by, say, 0.15 degC, then this would be significant for the global mean - but we'd still have to explain the land blip."
    1089318616 - "I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin and I will keep them out somehow - even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is !"
    0843161829 - "I really wish I could be more positive about the Kyrgyzstan material, but I swear I pulled every trick out of my sleeve trying to milk something out of that."
    1107454306 - "The two MMs [McIntyre and McKitrick] have been after the CRU station data for years. If they ever hear there is a Freedom of Information Act now in the UK, I think I'll delete the file rather than send to anyone."
    1109021312 - "Don't any of you three tell anybody that the UK has a Freedom of Information Act !"
    1210341221 - "2. You can delete this attachment if you want. Keep this quiet also, but this is the person who is putting in FOI requests for all emails Keith and Tim have written and received re Ch 6 of AR4. We think we've found a way around this."
    1212073451 - "Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?"
    1228330629 - "If he pays 10 pounds (which he hasn't yet) I am supposed to go through my emails and he can get anything I've written about him. About 2 months ago I deleted loads of emails, so have very little - if anything at all. This legislation is different from the FOI"
    1114025310 - "Ch 4 has swallowed this hook, line and sinker and it is really a Ch 6 issue. Ch 6 wasn't even aware of it. Can't decide who on Ch 4 knew about it as Oerlemans isn't there and the Swiss Glacier people didn't know about the paper 2 weeks ago when I saw them. I like the curve as does Mike Mann, but its not for any scientific reason."
    1106322460 - "Proving bad behavior here is very difficult. If you think that Saiers is in the greenhouse skeptics camp, then, if we can find documentary evidence of this, we could go through official AGU channels to get him ousted."
    The following quotes are listed on the website of the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works:
    "I am a skeptic... Global warming has become a new religion."
    - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.
    "Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly... As a scientist I remain skeptical."
    - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called "among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years."
    "Warming fears are the worst scientific scandal in the history... When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists."
    - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.
    "The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn't listen to others. It doesn't have open minds... I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,"
    - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.
    "The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity."
    - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
    "It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don't buy into anthropogenic global warming."
    - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.
    "Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapor and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will."
    - . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, NZ.
    "After reading [UN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet."
    - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.
    "For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?"
    - Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.
    "Gore prompted me to start delving into the science again and I quickly found myself solidly in the skeptic camp... Climate models can at best be useful for explaining climate changes after the fact."
    - Meteorologist Hajo Smit of Holland, who reversed his belief in man-made warming to become a skeptic, is a former member of the Dutch UN IPCC committee.
    "Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined."
    - Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.
    "Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense... The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning."
    - Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.
    "CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another... Every scientist knows this, but it doesn't pay to say so... Global warming, as a political vehicle, keeps Europeans in the driver's seat and developing nations walking barefoot."
    - Dr. Takeda Kunihiko, vice-chancellor of the Institute of Science and Technology Research at Chubu University in Japan.
    "The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds."
    - Award-winning Paleontologist Dr. Eduardo Tonni, of the Committee for Scientific Research in Buenos Aires and head of the Paleontology Department at the University of La Plata.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-30-15 at 12:45 PM. Reason: image does not exist

1234 ... Last