TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What Would You Do If Your Steve Kerr In Game 4?

I have nothing to lose if I'm Steve Kerr... so this is what I would do.

1. If Lebron wants to post up... I send help every single time. Make Lebron get rid of it. I'll live with the pass and a wide open jump shot.

2. If Lebron is slowly carrying it up the floor... (like he's typically done.) Guard him 1 on 1... if it looks like he's ready for the blow bye... make sure the BIGS understand this... and get ready to step up. If Lebron passes it last second... just live with it... hopefully shot gets blocked or rushed.

3. Dellavedova on Curry. It's not going to change... It's fine. Space the floor... get it out of curry's hands. Thompson to Green. Get Green more involved in the post. He can create and force. Curry will get some looks... stop taking a damn 3 all the time.

4. I have to tell my players... listen... our run and gun just isn't going to work. If we miss shots... we can't win. Let's be smart gentlemen. Let's work the ball in deep. If Cleveland closes.... we kick it out.

If you replay the footage of the game... Golden State is right there.... I mean RIGHT THERE. Green will have a great game in Game 4... I know he will. Cleveland has to be tired. Golden State looks lost.... but can lightning hit you in 3 straight games?

I'm telling you... you defend James the way I said too.... you keep this game close.... Cleveland will crumble in the 4th quarter. They don't really have any depth. There's no way Cleveland can win again.... keeping a 3-6 point lead. No way. This game will be very close. Golden State should pull it out at the end.

htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

pressure Lebron every time when his bring the ball up. You got depth, Iguadola, Green, Klay, Livingston all playeers who can take turns doing it. Every position you get a man on Lebron and put pressure on him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Right now it's the worst coaching display I have ever seen by a head coach

LeBron is doing anything he wants with the ball with one man on him only

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Kerr is going to win doing this his way. He won't change and has no need to. The warriors are deeper and better. During the course of a 7 game series that will show.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I can't believe Cleveland has a shot without love and Irving. LeBron is just a balla

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

pray

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Curry needs man up, this is not private school

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

He should stay the course and hope they start hitting the treys; that's why they're here and that's how they'll win or lose.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

coaches do not succeed because they are stubborn

most stubborn people do not succeed

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Put in a "goon" to take out lebrons knees

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

u shake lebrons hand after the game

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Golden State's most effective lineup so far this finals was with david lee opening space on the pick and roll because he is a triple threat, he should play a lot more. All finals advanced stats show he is the most impactful player for the Warriors so there's no denying he has to play more. Hell, make him a 5 and ask guards to close in and help rebounding if Lebron drives and doesn't pass, that will help their offensive flow a fukkton.

Green and Barnes are open a lot and aren't draining shots, so if you are not confident to shoot drive down and try to find Curry or Thompson open. Get the ball out of Curry's hands a bit. There is a lot that Kerr can do to turn this around but it has to be now otherwise they are done.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

joey crawford who is rumored to ref game 4 is notorious for calling illegal screens and offensive fouls.

Gsw offense is based of making 2 or 3 screens tom get curry open.... some being obvious illegal screens

look for joey to make it all about him and blow the whistle on some of these to disrupt gsw offense

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

If Crawford is the ref then you can pretty much bank on the series going back 2-2.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    If Crawford is the ref then you can pretty much bank on the series going back 2-2.
    not really.....home team win 67% in joey playoff career when he is the ref!!!!!

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Play zone make lebron shoot from far

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

hdfh

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    4. I have to tell my players... listen... our run and gun just isn't going to work. If we miss shots... we can't win. Let's be smart gentlemen. Let's work the ball in deep. If Cleveland closes.... we kick it out.

If you replay the footage of the game... Golden State is right there.... I mean RIGHT THERE. Green will have a great game in Game 4... I know he will. Cleveland has to be tired. Golden State looks lost.... but can lightning hit you in 3 straight games?

I'm telling you... you defend James the way I said too.... you keep this game close.... .
    all 3 games came down to the wire.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Rent Greg Popavich

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

You can't let the best player in the world take the most shots by shooting 15-20 more shots than anyone else on the floor. Hell. Make Shumpert and Delly take 20+ shots a game. If they score like LeBron just forfeit and don't show up for the rest of the series. You can't win with LeBron taking 35 shots. He is the only guy who can hit close to 15 of them on the floor. Double and triple team LeBron, pick him up full court like Pip did Magic, wear him down and limit his shots. Only way to win.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I have nothing to lose if I'm Steve Kerr... so this is what I would do.

1. If Lebron wants to post up... I send help every single time. Make Lebron get rid of it. I'll live with the pass and a wide open jump shot.

2. If Lebron is slowly carrying it up the floor... (like he's typically done.) Guard him 1 on 1... if it looks like he's ready for the blow bye... make sure the BIGS understand this... and get ready to step up. If Lebron passes it last second... just live with it... hopefully shot gets blocked or rushed.

3. Dellavedova on Curry. It's not going to change... It's fine. Space the floor... get it out of curry's hands. Thompson to Green. Get Green more involved in the post. He can create and force. Curry will get some looks... stop taking a damn 3 all the time.

I'm telling you... you defend James the way I said too.... you keep this game close.... Cleveland will crumble in the 4th quarter. They don't really have any depth. There's no way Cleveland can win again.... keeping a 3-6 point lead. No way. This game will be very close. Golden State should pull it out at the end.
    1. Lebrons too smart to do that every single time. You'll be giving him want he wants...getting his teammates involved. Just mix it in alittle. Wouldnt change to much on D if I were them. Guys have actually been defending him well(esp. Iggy). Id continue taking my chances daring Delly to beat us offensively. Figure one of them is gonna wear down at some point.

2. Green vs Thompson in the post...that sounds like a terrible idea. I would just send Barnes and Green to bench in place for Lee and Iggy until either one of them gains some confidence back and looks like they might be able to hit an open jump shot. Basically became 3 on 5, with both of them out there. Barnes is in a slump and Green is scared to shot 3s now. The Cavs are begging for somebody else besides the Splash Bros to step up.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Green and Barnes are open a lot and aren't draining shots, so if you are not confident to shoot drive down and try to find Curry or Thompson open. Get the ball out of Curry's hands a bit. There is a lot that Kerr can do to turn this around but it has to be now otherwise they are done.
    Cavs are fine with them driving. Everytime Green drove yesterday he got stonewalled by Mozgov. And even when they do drive Curry and Thompson arent getting open because the Cavs keep the entire focus of the D on them no matter what is going. Saw a play where JR was face guarding Thompson at the 3 point line and not paying attention to anything going on behind him. Thats how hard they are working to stop those two.

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

play dirty and injure LeBron

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

I think he's playing it right because Lebron is getting 30+ no matter what you do, if you double then his teammates are getting open looks and LeBron is still gonna get his, he's just that good and kerr knows it.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Cavs are fine with them driving. Everytime Green drove yesterday he got stonewalled by Mozgov. And even when they do drive Curry and Thompson arent getting open because the Cavs keep the entire focus of the D on them no matter what is going. Saw a play where JR was face guarding Thompson at the 3 point line and not paying attention to anything going on behind him. Thats how hard they are working to stop those two.
    This.

cavs dont care about them driving becaise they want them to drive.....they trying to stop curry and thompson from shooting open 3's

they even letting green and iguodala have open 3's looks because they not worry about them.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by htown1 View Post
    pressure Lebron every time when his bring the ball up. You got depth, Iguadola, Green, Klay, Livingston all playeers who can take turns doing it. Every position you get a man on Lebron and put pressure on him.
    I agree. LeBron tires and this will help.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

At the end of this we will see what a lot of us already knew, this jump shooting warrior team just cant win a title. It doesn't matter what they do, they are dead. A lot of people knew this then changed there minds for some reason like lakerboy, when its over they'll be saying dam shoulda stuck with my gut.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

I would suggest he wear his underpants outside his slacks like Quailman

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

if Im Kerr, im sitting Curry and throwing on a jersey.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Yeah Kerr needs to suit up and rain threes.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Don't know if Kerr should do this all game, but he should at least try it to see if works. Exactly like what CLE did to Curry, GSW should harass Lebron constantly, deny him the ball and double team him if he has it, dare others to beat them. Playing this way, CLE has to play faster than they wanted to because one of their other players will be open with ball and he has to shoot, right?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Don't know if Kerr should do this all game, but he should at least try it to see if works. Exactly like what CLE did to Curry, GSW should harass Lebron constantly, deny him the ball and double team him if he has it, dare others to beat them. Playing this way, CLE has to play faster than they wanted to because one of their other players will be open with ball and he has to shoot, right?
    let me get this right....you going to double the best player on the planet so he can pass to jr smith and james jones to hit 3's all night

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Punt

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Yeah Kerr needs to suit up and rain threes.
    This is the only option for Golden State. If they think they are going to "play defense better"
    and stop the Cavs, they are fools. Steph Curry's statements recently about trying a new thing
    on defense are ridiculous. It's too late to drum up some recipe and change what your team has
    been doing all season long - outscoring the opponent by out-shooting the opponent. Period.

They won't do it with 2-pt jumpers either, because the Cavs will get theirs no matter what.
    Golden State has to rain 3's constantly. They should not emphasize defense. Just get the ball back
    ASAP and set up and shoot the tre'. It's their only chance to win another game in this series.
    I have zero confidence they will do this, and less that they will hit enough 3's, so I find them unbettable.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Play zone make lebron shoot from far
    Bigbill gets it. Sharp post.

12 Last