top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Kobe has always been a selfish player with low basketball iq. Yes he has heart/skill and gives it 100% but thats not enough to convince

me to choose him over a MJ or Lebron. And this is coming from an ex-Laker fan who has watched all his games. Of course

gambling has led me to look at things in a more logical unbiased matter.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by WiseOne View Post
    MJ is #1 clearly. He was playing against legends and was dominant.

Kobe is better than LeBron. Kobe won 3 in a row with a star player and cast members. And won 2 in a row in a tough conference with zero stars for teammates just role players.

LeBron has had cakewalk to the finals each year. He also has never had to play a tough season out west. He hasn't given us 1 memorable moment yet. Name it if you disagree? Where is Lebrons crossover game winning shot to win a championship? Where is his Karl Malone steal to gain possession to win a championship? Where is his slam dunk FT championship poster? Where is his change hands layup? Just nothing. Lebron is the best player today in the NBA in an era that proves the NBA has little talented stars left. Kobe stays healthy he can do some damage. But will he stay healthy?

MJ and Kobe were clutch. LeBron is not. He will one day be in the top 5 or 6.

1. MJ
    2. Russell
    3. Magic
    4. Bird
    5. Kobe
    Literally every post you've made so far has been about Lebron...what's your obsession?

He hasn't given us 1 memorable moment yet? He's dominated since day 1 in the league. He just set the record for points in the first 3 games of the finals. He's on track to have possibly the best finals performance ever. Who's the second best player on his team right now? Mozgov??

Kobe won 3 in a row with a star player and cast members? More like Shaq won 3 in a row with Kobe and cast members. 2 in a row with "just role players"? When has Pau Gasol ever been a role player?

I'm a Warriors fan but this Lebron hate (especially the kind you're spewing) is downright pathetic. We're witnessing some of the best basketball that's ever been played by a human being and you're sitting here comparing him to Kobe fukkin BRYANT!?

WOW

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Best Players since 1990

1. Jordan
    2. Lebron
    3. Duncan
    4. Kobe
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Allen Iverson
    7. Dirk

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Russell? Please, I would rather have big shot Rob on my team then him
    OK. Simply ask anyone who played with, against, coached or coached against him.

Russ was 21-0 win or go home games in college, olympics and pros.

So you must think Jim Brown sucks and the NBA didn't exist until 1990.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    one thing about jordan though, he didn't take rest days like the pussies of today...
    I think this is a pretty big point. In the 80's and 90's it was a different game. Much more physical, none of the flagrant fouls you see today, and be able to hand check back then. MJ took a team and won 72 games + 15 more in the playoffs. 87-13 record. A will and determination to win like no other. Truth be told, in today's era it would be much easier to win 70+ games with all the nights off guys take. You wanna be the best ever? Go out and play 82 games a year and win titles. You think MJ didn't play through pain and nagging injuries?

ki dice
    ki dice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8632

Phil jackson couldn't win 2 years when Jordan retired.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Best Players since 1990

1. Jordan
    2. Lebron
    3. Duncan
    4. Kobe
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Allen Iverson
    7. Dirk
    the 1st 4 are pretty accurate

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

@the MJ didnt take games off, no, he took entire seasons off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    one thing about jordan though, he didn't take rest days like the pussies of today...
    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post

9 seasons played all 82 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    After Jordan retired Pippen, Rodman and Kerr went to new teams. Here are their pts/gm with new team:

Pippen 14.5
    Kerr 4.4
    Rodman 2.1
    They were 80.

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by top310 View Post
    Kobe has always been a selfish player with low basketball iq. Yes he has heart/skill and gives it 100% but thats not enough to convince

me to choose him over a MJ or Lebron. And this is coming from an ex-Laker fan who has watched all his games. Of course

gambling has led me to look at things in a more logical unbiased matter.
    Whoa whoa whoa, that's a thing?

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Imagine if LBJ had been picked up by LAL on the team that Kobe was on.

1st, LBJ was much more NBA ready than Kobe and would have contributed much more much sooner.

2nd, LBJ's character would have kept those 2 together and happy much longer.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

LeBron

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Best Players since 1990

1. Jordan
    2. Lebron
    3. Duncan
    4. Kobe
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Allen Iverson
    7. Dirk
    Wow, no Shaq???

I think guys forget just how dominant he was.

You have a great list but I find it hard to not put Shaq on their, especially after the top 4

He averaged better than 25pts/10rebs 12 years in a row

Edit: And his numbers only got better in the playoffs, he averaged closer to 30/15
    Last edited by The Kraken; 06-10-15 at 11:55 AM.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Might have been 30+ players in that time span better than Nash.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Hold on, are you telling me you were born before the 1960s?

Can we plz get some clarification on this?

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Shaq has to be ahead of Kobe at the bare minimum and I know Duncan has 1 more of each titles and MVPs but if you could have Duncan or Shaq who is it going to be?

Didn't Shaq also take a crappy eastern team to the Finals then bolt for a franchise with competence?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Lebron doesn't belong in this conversation.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Wow, no Shaq???

I think guys forget just how dominant he was.

You have a great list but I find it hard to not put Shaq on their, especially after the top 4

He averaged better than 25pts/10rebs 12 years in a row

Edit: And his numbers only got better in the playoffs, he averaged closer to 30/15
    Could you imagine if Shaq could hit a free throw? he would have averaged 35-40 a game for his career.
    People seem to forget players literally had to tackle him just to stop him.
    He's easily the most Dominant player we have ever seen in terms of being Unstoppable.

Jeffie

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    Literally every post you've made so far has been about Lebron...what's your obsession?

He hasn't given us 1 memorable moment yet? He's dominated since day 1 in the league. He just set the record for points in the first 3 games of the finals. He's on track to have possibly the best finals performance ever. Who's the second best player on his team right now? Mozgov??

Kobe won 3 in a row with a star player and cast members? More like Shaq won 3 in a row with Kobe and cast members. 2 in a row with "just role players"? When has Pau Gasol ever been a role player?

I'm a Warriors fan but this Lebron hate (especially the kind you're spewing) is downright pathetic. We're witnessing some of the best basketball that's ever been played by a human being and you're sitting here comparing him to Kobe fukkin BRYANT!?

WOW
    The league is so funny just 5-6 years ago Most NBA fans were saying Kobe is almost passing MJ.
    I remember one of the Phoenix series where he literally would make every shot double teamed in the 4th quarter and Suns Coach Gentry just shook his head at what he was seeing. Only reason we are Comparing Lebron right now to MJ and company is because hes playing in the present and people want something to talk about.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron too soft imo very athletic but does not need to be even compared to Jordan. Shaq in his prime was unstoppable Jeff, good point but still not a comparison we should make with Lebron.

meader99

If you had to win one game and it came down to making a shot at the buzzer to win it, who you gonna take?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jordan for me he will make it even if fouled by everyone in the building.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Lebron too soft imo very athletic but does not need to be even compared to Jordan. Shaq in his prime was unstoppable Jeff, good point but still not a comparison we should make with Lebron.
    good post. Kobe wasn't even the best man on his team for the Shaq years.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

If LeBron had Dellavedova's heart, LeBron would already be #1 getting his 5th ring this year.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    The league is so funny just 5-6 years ago Most NBA fans were saying Kobe is almost passing MJ.
    I remember one of the Phoenix series where he literally would make every shot double teamed in the 4th quarter and Suns Coach Gentry just shook his head at what he was seeing. Only reason we are Comparing Lebron right now to MJ and company is because hes playing in the present and people want something to talk about.
    Agree MJ is by himself forever until god returns in human form to play basketball. Kobe is even better than Lebron. Lebron has a physical advantage over his opponents neither of them enjoyed yet still totally dominated. This is why guys like Shaq really dont interest me much because of course a monster that big is going to be good at basketball.
    Points Awarded:

jtoler gave byronbb 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Lebron doesn't belong in this conversation.
    mods...

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Jordan for me he will make it even if fouled by everyone in the building.
    If MJ missed it WOULD be a foul on everybody in the building.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

pinchegringo
    Update your status

quoted wrong post from phone, question was last shot who do you take?
    Ray Allen, follow up, if you had to play 1 full game with a bunch of random bench players who you going to take?

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    haha ok boss, let me know when Kobe beats the 3rd best team in NBA history all by himself.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    If you had to win one game and it came down to making a shot at the buzzer to win it, who you gonna take?
    Big Shot Rob Horry

Jeffie

Quote Originally Posted by JameisBrady View Post
    haha ok boss, let me know when Kobe beats the 3rd best team in NBA history all by himself.
    All by himself???? Hahhaha what game are you watching? He's getting carried right now he literally did everything he could to blow game 3 but his teammates with a little bit of help from refs saved his ass. But of course you probably saw the box scores and said WOW 40 points holy shit!! Who cares that he's shooting a 100 shots a game and missing 70 of them. I feel really bad for Thompson jr and Della if cavs win the series lebron won with supposedly "bench players" yet they're playing unreal this series especially on D.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JameisBrady View Post
    Did James already win?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron and it is not even close for the fact he took the win PCT.400 shitty Cavs to the NBA championship in his first year back!

Kobe loses a few key players then all the sudden the Lakers are sub par.he couldn't lead a fukkin pig to the mud..

Jordan did not lead the Wizards to the playoffs in his two years there, let alone the NBA championship..
    The Wizard win PCT was .451 the two years he was there..

This is not even a debate!

Close fukkin thread now in order to avoid further embarrassment,Lol..

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Lebron and it is not even close for the fact he took the win PCT.400 shitty Cavs to the NBA championship in his first year back!

Kobe loses a few key players then all the sudden the Lakers are sub par.he couldn't lead a fukkin pig to the mud..

Jordan did not lead the Wizards to the playoffs in his two years there, let alone the NBA championship..

Why does anyone bring up the Wizards and Jordan? Dude was like 40. Lebron took the shitty Cavs to the Finals all by himself? How many guys from last years Cavs team are still on the roster? Over half the team has changed since last years Cavs that still almost made the playoffs. Lebron is the best player in the world today. There are even some things he does better than MJ did. If were talking about a game 7 and its coming down to the last minute, I want MJ bar none.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jordan number 1

Everyone does agree

Everything is debatable

Lebron won shit yet....most likely they lose series 4-2

Jeffie

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

You had to bring up MJ playing for the Wizards to make Lebron better. That's how you know you're clueless. And did JR smith Kevin love and shumpert play for the Cavs last year? Pauly you're better than this.

First 12345 Last