raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I say highlight vids because obviously many here didn't see MJ play. No different than when I was coming up guys would say older cats were this and that, well I didn't really see them play but still didn't think they could be better than others. Yea PER is a flawed stat anyway.
    Favorite play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5btsDbkBonA

Fadeaway Post Plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSftZvpHJg

Defense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4gigN2zMU4

Best moves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LOVTGjXahw

Ball fake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTx1F3ml5U

Dream Team https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoT4490iZsI

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

I say highlight vids because obviously many here didn't see MJ play. No different than when I was coming up guys would say older cats were this and that, well I didn't really see them play but still didn't think they could be better than others. Yea PER is a flawed stat anyway.
    i've been watching the nba since the early 80's. when jordan was still playing people were saying he was the greatest basketball player ever by old cats and young cats so i don't know what you're talking about. back in the 90's, jordan was considered the best then, magic and bird on the next level, and so on and so forth.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

That's fine but highlight videos can make anyone look good.....MJ was fukkin nasty dude top 2, maybe best player of all time...obviously

I know PER isn't perfect, but the only reason I mentioned it was to show that there's an unbiased source that says they are very close (There are probably others too).....If these guys say MJ was better and these guys say LBJ is better we'll never solve anything

I personally prefer Lebron's style of ball more and ultimately think he will be considered the better player when it's all said and done.....but I believe they're really close more than I think one is better than the other

raiders72001

If you watch Jordan's fadeaway plays video, most times there is a guy coming to double team even when away from the basket.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Let's just quit comparing this guy to aggressive, relentless scorers, he's not that, he's an all around great player, no need to compare him to guys who put teams on their backs. Bron goes about it differently. Magic, Oscar, Bird those are the guys he should be compared to, not guys who were more focused on scoring. I'd take Iverson and a host of others over Bron in that department. MJ wasn't trying to fill up assist sheets neither did Iverson or Kobe, just don't think its a fair comparison.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Let's just quit comparing this guy to aggressive, relentless scorers, he's not that, he's an all around great player, no need to compare him to guys who put teams on their backs. Bron goes about it differently. Magic, Oscar, Bird those are the guys he should be compared to, not guys who were more focused on scoring. I'd take Iverson and a host of others over Bron in that department. MJ wasn't trying to fill up assist sheets neither did Iverson or Kobe, just don't think its a fair comparison.
    I agree with this but people will always have arguments about the GOAT of any sport, especially basketball

I think it's more just a preference of type of player people like when they argue MJ/LBJ when it comes down to it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

raiders72001

This is a very good point. I think you said it earlier, his style is similar to Magic and that would be a better comparison. Right now LeBron is playing point forward.

In the Dream Team video that was posted above Scottie Pippen summed it up. When Michael gets that look, it's just give me the ball and get the hell out of the way.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    That's fine but highlight videos can make anyone look good.....MJ was fukkin nasty dude top 2, maybe best player of all time...obviously

I know PER isn't perfect, but the only reason I mentioned it was to show that there's an unbiased source that says they are very close (There are probably others too).....If these guys say MJ was better and these guys say LBJ is better we'll never solve anything

I personally prefer Lebron's style of ball more and ultimately think he will be considered the better player when it's all said and done.....but I believe they're really close more than I think one is better than the other
    I should have said full game footage, YouTube has quite a bit, but I see where you're coming from I respect that, the different style of play is the main reason I don't like comparing them, also position. Have no prob when Kobe compared to MJ, same agendas and mentalities.

raiders72001

I should have said full game footage, YouTube has quite a bit, but I see where you're coming from I respect that, the different style of play is the main reason I don't like comparing them, also position. Have no prob when Kobe compared to MJ, same agendas and mentalities.
    Clips can make everyone look good. The one clip that does show a story is on Jordan's defense. You can see the quickness and jumping ability on the blocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4gigN2zMU4

Starts at 50 seconds in if anyone decides to look.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-08-15 at 11:51 PM.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I agree with this but people will always have arguments about the GOAT of any sport, especially basketball

I think it's more just a preference of type of player people like when they argue MJ/LBJ when it comes down to it
    You're right, I remember MJ being compared to Magic at times just on who is best even though totallky different styles. I live Bron's style, think it will be a long time before we ever see another guy come into the league so young with his physical gifts who plays as team oriented instead of being alot more focused on only scoring, unless Wiggins develops into that.

raiders72001

I wish that Wilt would have played today. A strong case can be made for him.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, 100% agreed
    never understood why we are comparing a point foward to a SG
    the only reason it keeps coming up is because some people r saying lebron is the GOAT

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    yes, 100% agreed
    never understood why we are comparing a point foward to a SG
    the only reason it keeps coming up is because some people r saying lebron is the GOAT
    and even with this LeBron is averaging 8.3 assists/game in the playoffs this year. His second high is 8.0. Jordan averaged 8.5 one year and 8.4 assists/gm another year in the playoffs. 8.4 was the first ring for Jordan.

For the regular season, Jordan's high was 8.0.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-09-15 at 12:28 AM.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Jordan not a very good passer.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Jordan not a very good passer.

Steve Kerr and John Paxson beg to differ.

jtoler

We think of Bron as all around player, team player, get teammates involved type and guys like MJ, Iverson, and Kobe as shoot first types not passing much but their assist averages are only like 1 assist away from Bron in a lot of instances, wouldn't seem that way when watching each, funny how that is.

First 1234