pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

When they have the World Cup in US in 1994 they had some games in Dallas and Houston in July. It was 120 degrees. Everyone lived to tell about it.

Google it!

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    When they have the World Cup in US in 1994 they had some games in Dallas and Houston in July. It was 120 degrees. Everyone lived to tell about it.

Google it!
    Sure, why not.

https://weatherspark.com/history/300...-United-States

Dallas topped out at 103 degrees in 1994.

https://weatherspark.com/history/305...-United-States

And in Houston, a quite pleasant record high of 96 degrees in 1994.

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Yeah, Europe is that roommate who lounges on your couch and asks you to come over and hand him the banana that's on the table 3 ft away from him. Then he asks you to peel it first. Then he complains about the way you peeled it for him.

Again, problems in their own backyard, and should have handled it themselves (*cough* Ukraine), but did nothing and waited for us to take charge. Then continue to shit on us for the way we handle things, and refuse to help us if it's a cause they don't support. It's not perfect, we know, nothing is. But sometimes you need that big strong friend who will man up and get it done. Be thankful for that friend.

Have fun when China takes the world power torch from us, Europe. You're really gonna miss us when we're gone.

/end rant
    must be nice having such a Big friend who solves all your problems and protects you from stinky drunk Russians. GOD BLESS USA!
    Last edited by Sacamano; 06-05-15 at 06:34 AM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Sure, why not.

https://weatherspark.com/history/300...-United-States

Dallas topped out at 103 degrees in 1994.

https://weatherspark.com/history/305...-United-States

And in Houston, a quite pleasant record high of 96 degrees in 1994.
    These are not on field temperatures. These are temperatures under shade. It was 120 or more on the field with the sun unobstructed at Cotton Bowl.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    These are not on field temperatures. These are temperatures under shade. It was 120 or more on the field with the sun unobstructed at Cotton Bowl.
    They don't record record highs in the shade.

And if it's 120 in Qatar, it's going to be 145 on the field because of the heat rising off the surface, and everything else that goes into it. That's a different discussion altogether once you've gotten that high.

Playing in Qatar is not comparable to playing anywhere the US had its WC games back in 1994, period.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rudeboy

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

That's why they are playing in Qatar in January. Highs are 75-90 and lows 60-70.

They are not playing in the summer.

Ralphie Halves

I would hope so, because there's no way it's being done otherwise.

Hopefully though, it won't even be an issue by then, as the Cup will be elsewhere. Shame it will likely still be in Russia in '18, if what you guys say is true.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Why wouldn't be in Russia? Weather is cool in the summer.

Ralphie Halves

Has nothing to do with weather.

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

wouldn't bet a penny on that sport, who knows how many games were fixed. we might never find out.
    Last edited by Sacamano; 06-05-15 at 11:13 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

I would hope so, because there's no way it's being done otherwise.

Hopefully though, it won't even be an issue by then, as the Cup will be elsewhere. Shame it will likely still be in Russia in '18, if what you guys say is true.
    No political will to upset Russia that much.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    No political will to upset Russia that much.
    Another good point, if I'm reading it right.

US is finally starting to realize how freaking expensive it is to be the world's police and how it's hurting our economy. We just have to tow the line and hope Putin fades away or dies someday because a proxy war would be a financial disaster. Gotta start making friends with Captain Insecurity, unfortunately.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Another good point, if I'm reading it right.

US is finally starting to realize how freaking expensive it is to be the world's police and how it's hurting our economy. We just have to tow the line and hope Putin fades away or dies someday because a proxy war would be a financial disaster. Gotta start making friends with Captain Insecurity, unfortunately.
    Ralphie 8e you lot have already reached beyond the point of no return so whats another 10 trillion to rollover for future generations to pay? After all, its not like they will actually pay the debt and will simply do what we are doing now which is to make it someone elses problem, so go your hardest cos at the end of the day money is simply 90% a psychological construct thats held together by the thinnest of duck tape...

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Ralphie 8e you lot have already reached beyond the point of no return so whats another 10 trillion to rollover for future generations to pay? After all, its not like they will actually pay the debt and will simply do what we are doing now which is to make it someone elses problem, so go your hardest cos at the end of the day money is simply 90% a psychological construct thats held together by the thinnest of duck tape...
    I don't disagree with most of that. And along those lines, my best answer would be "because we can show much better #s if we do", as if that means anything anymore.

We have to ease ourselves out of the World's Police moniker at some point, for the benefit of the next 50 years. It's not irreversable, a lot can happen from then until now.

I would love to see us back away altogether and watch the rest of the world shit itself knowing that they'd have to take on these problems themselves. Maybe we could sell a few Aircraft Carriers to them and make some money back!

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I don't disagree with most of that. And along those lines, my best answer would be "because we can show much better #s if we do", as if that means anything anymore.

We have to ease ourselves out of the World's Police moniker at some point, for the benefit of the next 50 years. It's not irreversable, a lot can happen from then until now.

I would love to see us back away altogether and watch the rest of the world shit itself knowing that they'd have to take on these problems themselves. Maybe we could sell a few Aircraft Carriers to them and make some money back!
    Whistle blower claims qatar will be stripped of the WC

English FA claim they dont want 2018 or 2022 world cup, looks like were giving it to USA

Booking 2022 trip to US lads lets get it done

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    Whistle blower claims qatar will be stripped of the WC

English FA claim they dont want 2018 or 2022 world cup, looks like were giving it to USA

Booking 2022 trip to US lads lets get it done
    They just gave a reason for the world to whine about it then. Oh well, America never cared about global opinion before, I don't see that happening now. I'd love to finally be a part of the WC either way, if I don't have to go too far to do it, all the better.

See you there!

First 123