Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

UCL Final Barcelona v Juventus

6/6

Juventus (UCL) +490 3u Play
    Juventus wins UEFA Champions League +240 3u Play
    Juventus (UCL) +½ +137 3u Play

Barcas team is good but not invincible, Juventus is the worst match up for them sitting back hurting them on the counter, a lot has been said about this Barca team but fact is they have had there time...past teams have been better this is the Italian's year. Trust me on this Juvey is the side to back in the final all of my brain/gut/heart is telling me the underdogs win this year.

Good luck with what ever you go, have a good one men

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

getting it out early huh rudeboy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When is game??

mason510
    mason510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Sorry im abit of a new person to this can you explain those picks so i can find them, thanks mate

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

the game is june 6th

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    getting it out early huh rudeboy.
    Trying to be a hero before anyone else tries.

Cordoba25
    Cordoba25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3682

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    6/6

Barcas team is good but not invincible, Juventus is the worst match up for them sitting back hurting them on the counter, a lot has been said about this Barca team but fact is they have had there time...past teams have been better this is the Italian's year. Trust me on this Juvey is the side to back in the final all of my brain/gut/heart is telling me the underdogs win this year.

All Barca has to do is score one goal and Juventus will have to press men forward, thus somewhat abandoning their sit back and counter style... which could very well open the flood gates for more goals. Which is exactly what happend to Bayern after they let in their 1st goal after a very solid 80 minutes or so of play.

Juve is a very good team and your reasoning is sound and at those odds, it may be worth a play.. but I would tread lightly before putting 3 different bets all across the board on Juve. Even with the perfect game plan, the Barca three headed monster of Messi, Neymar and Suarez are so talented that at any time a stroke of individual brilliance can break through and put them down a goal and that will surely complicate things for Juve.

GL.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Rudy when I saw you making that Arsenal ML call against ManU, I thought to myself, this guy is good. Nice sharp logic.

I like your pick, however there is no real reason behind your betting other than pure value, am I correct saying this? if this is the case I like the bet 'cause you found the value on the game...but before you start talking about Juve counter attacking let's check out some facts:

In all big finals, no one wants to lose, that is the 1st thought...so managers 1st have to think defense if they don't want to lose.
    -Control midfield 1st to keep possession & 2nd to defend & 3rd to attack.
    -Pressure in midfield, I doubt Juventus will sit and wait to counter Barca, we have seen that movie before and is just suicide, Messi can change things in a heartbeat (we all know that).
    -Juventus has to know that they are as good as Barca to match them, Juve will probably will take the game to Barca and pressure a few meters outside the box to try to regain possession as soon as possible.
    -This Barca team has a mix of attacking now, they don't need to keep the ball 70% of the time to score. They are a great counter attacking team now too.

I always love italians for their strategy on games like this. I think Juve has a plan which is not to lose the game & Barca has a plan which is to win the game. I think Juve has to be very very patience, take the game as far as they can even to penalties if possible but I have serious doubts if players like Vidal will have the mental strength to keep focus, Chillini will be able to keep up with Neymar or Suarez...leave alone Messi (no one can keep up with the midget). Would Pogba shine?..he has no experience playing this type of finals. Pirlo..Pirlo...Pirlo I would love to see Pirlo scoring a free kick! him, Juninho Pernanbucano and Rivelino (Brasil 70's team) by far my favorites Masterminds in midfield...And my Favorite Tevez, if one man can change the history for you to win this bet is 'EL APACHE" Tevez!

I like Your pick +0.5 Juventus. But in the end I think Barca has what it takes to win this trophy. GL my friend on your post and cheers homie!
    Last edited by cogiditopapa; 05-28-15 at 06:54 PM.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

i'm leaning draw right now

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I hope so I got Juventus +900 to lift the trophy a while ago

Barca is so scary up front but I love the Juventus midfield lead by Pogba....I can easily see this going into extra time and then it's anyone's game

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I'm definitely on Barca in the final. One of the few times I'm against ya, Ruder! Good luck!

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly

European games are won by midfield battles, Italians have this covered don't take my word for it look it up.

Laying the juice on Barca in this match up is a no no, Catalans will choke final will not go to extra time, Juventus 1-0.

alexrafco
    alexrafco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Good luck, rudeboy, I'm considering barcalona at -2.5 @ +568 were dead opposites here

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

Rudy you nutta you. I have great respect for your picks..... the PSG pick blew my mind. That said, I do think Juve is a tough side here for barca. However, I just don't see them being able to get it done here. I don't think they have played an as talented team all year and will lose patience with the constant pressure of the world's greatest attacking 3. The trouble I have is, like you, my gut is telling me it won't be that easy. I really hoped you would be on Barca. Not sure what to do now. Fade or follow in either case, I wish you the BOL.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

European games are won by midfield battles, Italians have this covered don't take my word for it look it up.

Laying the juice on Barca in this match up is a no no, Catalans will choke final will not go to extra time, Juventus 1-0.
    You are right European games are won in midfield battles...Barca has Busquets & Iniesta in the midfield, now I call that a world class midfield and then you have by very very far the best 3 strikers in the world at front, let me remind you of some of the things these magicians do:

Messi says, "hey Neymar, you take the penalty man pls", Neymar "ok Leo, no problem bro".....Now Suarez tell Messi hey pass me the ball back and I will send a cross and you score brother, let's make it pretty!...sure Suarez says Leo and so on....

All I am saying is that if you ever played yourself a team sport, when you have such a good vibe with your teams mates and you know they are as good as you are...you start doing magical things, you don't think on self glory anymore...you already know that is coming because you know you and your teammates are just so good, that is what is so dangerous about this trio, they know they are the best. No defense in this world has what it takes to battle this 3 as soon as they connect.

And I agree laying the juice on Barcelona is not smart neither is too juice for such a big game, but odds don't lie (at least in this one), bookies know who the best team is. Again I think the +0.5 play is the more suitable based on value hoping Juve executes their plan to perfection and take this to extra-time ....but calling this game a 1-0 on Juves favor is very ambitious. and for sure there are other markets in this game that can be very profitable, like the live market, that will probably be good if this goes 0-0 to half time which I doubt but Italians are in full "I want to win something mode" and they are freaking good when they think that way.

I love your input because this develops arguments and makes all of us think, I appreciate your postings very much, I don't tail but for sure are a great point of discussion in my mind to see why you or any others may think a certain way.

One question, who did you pick to win in the Euro 2012 final between Spain - Italy?, I picked Italy for the very same reasons you are picking Juve today.
    Last edited by cogiditopapa; 05-28-15 at 11:22 PM.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Ryder is good. I rate him the 6th best soccer capper here

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by mason510 View Post
    Sorry im abit of a new person to this can you explain those picks so i can find them, thanks mate
    Word of advice, google. Search the thread title, you'll get more hits than you can read. Only way you're going to learn.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Double post

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

question, when has this iteration of barcelona ''choked'' thus far? since you are basicly capping this with ''choking'' as one of the base factors for your pick. i don't know man you are putting a hell of a lot of stock in a team that haven't looked their best at times throughout this tournament. and with a attack that aside from tevez have a tendency to go mia at times.

and they are going against the best attacking trio in the world, there isn't a backline in any team that is fit to deal with the likes of those three, you can't hang back and try and play counter football with barcelona, you'll get killed that way.

all three of them are able to create goals out of thin air, and have no problems beating defenders, look how silly messi made boateng look, and what's even more all three of them are in tip top form, scoring for fun most games.

i also wouldn't count on this being a low scoring affair, reason why last years final was so low in goals was because the form of the players in both teams being far from great in the attacking portion of their lineup.

sorry but i just don't see juventus keeping barcelona quiet and walking away with a 1 - 0 victory.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Hamburg 2006 - Italy won the WC
    Hamburg 2015 - Juventus wins the CL and Hamburg gets relegated

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly

Quote Originally Posted by cogiditopapa View Post
    You are right European games are won in midfield battles...Barca has Busquets & Iniesta in the midfield, now I call that a world class midfield and then you have by very very far the best 3 strikers in the world at front, let me remind you of some of the things these magicians do:

Messi says, "hey Neymar, you take the penalty man pls", Neymar "ok Leo, no problem bro".....Now Suarez tell Messi hey pass me the ball back and I will send a cross and you score brother, let's make it pretty!...sure Suarez says Leo and so on....

All I am saying is that if you ever played yourself a team sport, when you have such a good vibe with your teams mates and you know they are as good as you are...you start doing magical things, you don't think on self glory anymore...you already know that is coming because you know you and your teammates are just so good, that is what is so dangerous about this trio, they know they are the best. No defense in this world has what it takes to battle this 3 as soon as they connect.

And I agree laying the juice on Barcelona is not smart neither is too juice for such a big game, but odds don't lie (at least in this one), bookies know who the best team is. Again I think the +0.5 play is the more suitable based on value hoping Juve executes their plan to perfection and take this to extra-time ....but calling this game a 1-0 on Juves favor is very ambitious. and for sure there are other markets in this game that can be very profitable, like the live market, that will probably be good if this goes 0-0 to half time which I doubt but Italians are in full "I want to win something mode" and they are freaking good when they think that way.

I love your input because this develops arguments and makes all of us think, I appreciate your postings very much, I don't tail but for sure are a great point of discussion in my mind to see why you or any others may think a certain way.

One question, who did you pick to win in the Euro 2012 final between Spain - Italy?, I picked Italy for the very same reasons you are picking Juve today.
    I took Spain, I always take the better midfield.

Xavi,Iniesta,Busquets,Alonso this is the best that will ever be, Iniesta & Busquets are world class but the absence of Xavi in his prime will show on the 6th with Pirlo,Pogba,Vidal,Marchisio this will be the old ladys best ever after they win Pogba will leave for big money & Pirlo to retire after a couple of years. Just to point out Messi,Villa,Pedro was Barcas best attack this one was better than the current, if you argue this then your a stats man that doesn't watch futbol... as always opinions are welcome

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

No more questions your honour. I gathered the info I wanted.

Cheers homie
    Last edited by cogiditopapa; 05-29-15 at 09:18 AM.

Betlitelli
    Update your status
    Betlitelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2898

Juventus +1AH 1.79 looks good, Juve haven`t lost with more than 1goal since 30.3.2014

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly

Quote Originally Posted by cogiditopapa View Post
    No more questions your honour. I gather the info I wanted.

Cheers homie
    FYI the latter comment wasn't intended for you I know you watch footie it was my general assumption of any person who thinks this is Barcas best ever attack, just because stats wise they look better

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

No worries my friend! Info is golden and you always open the can of worms which is freaking great to discuss!
    I very seldom discuss things in the forum but you deserved my opinions in this thread (you know I am joking).

Cheers Homie and will blindly follow whatever you have for FA cup (I promise to myself that any Arsenal picks you have will always be prime)

Cheers Homie

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

No sides, just totals for me. Can only hope it's a good (open) game. Good luck.

LFC1892
    LFC1892's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 747

Messi Suarez and Neymar are fast becoming the best strikeforce in club's history in times where competition is harder and you are telling me they are not better than Messi,Villa and Pedro. And Suarez missed a lot of games if we have to be exact. He is playing a huge role in this trio and my bet on this game depends on his form. Juventus are super quality as well.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

pogba has yet to find his form since coming back from injury, he's not had a single game since coming back where he's looked the quality he had before the thigh injury.

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

Hard game to bet on....might as well not bet on it!

smithah2
    Sex, Drugs and Carlton Cole
    smithah2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

imagine if juve already had khedira in the midefield as well.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

6/6

is this not the championship game?

how can they win this game and not win the championship?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    Hard game to bet on....might as well not bet on it!
    yes but we are all degenerates and we can't help ourselves

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    is this not the championship game?

how can they win this game and not win the championship?
    The Juventus (UCL) +490 3u Play is for regular time
    Juventus wins UEFA Champions League +240 3u Play inclues extra time + penalty shoot out

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    The Juventus (UCL) +490 3u Play is for regular timeJuventus wins UEFA Champions League +240 3u Play inclues extra time + penalty shoot out
    oh ok.

Lets pound it.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly

Quote Originally Posted by LFC1892 View Post
    Messi Suarez and Neymar are fast becoming the best strikeforce in club's history in times where competition is harder and you are telling me they are not better than Messi,Villa and Pedro. And Suarez missed a lot of games if we have to be exact.
    I don't know whether I need to argue this...this is not barcas best ever team, the MVP attack could of would of scored more goals than the current Barca attack, its only been 1 season judge after a few if you have watched guardiolas attack you will know which is better

1234 ... Last