STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time to start riding the Pirates

This team is playing some great baseball right now. Tail this team for the next few weeks and youll make some money.

Im two for two in calling out teams about to go on good runs this year. I said the Nationals would go on a run the night they came back from a 10-2 hole and beat the Braves 13-12.I said it was time to start backing them: their record since: 19-5... I also said 2 weeks ago to start betting on the White Sox and they immediately won 8 of 10. Now its the Priates, tail them for 10 games and re-evaluate.

good luck

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

Turning corner

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10351

Same with the Marlins, Redsox and Rockies...

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

i'd be cautious tomorrow. Charlie morton on the mound i believe. Making his first start this year

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Bear two home team RLs at barely even money I love today.

Indians (+110)
    White Sox (+110)

How'd that work out?

You have no credibiltiy

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Indians (+110)
    White Sox (+110)

How'd that work out?

You have no credibiltiy
    im lost

stevenash

^
    Cliff notes.
    Stax talks too much.

LEOLEO
    LEOLEO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2409

@ #PRIMO was on the astros, before yall could spell "astros won again !?"
    i like this line of thoiught , and agree to two week tail holds profitability

ralexander
    ralexander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 372

I totally agree just don't know if to bet heavy on Monday with Morton pitching?? What do you think?

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Indians (+110)
    White Sox (+110)

How'd that work out?

You have no credibiltiy
    0-2, thanks for trolling me... i thought a seasoned professional like yourself would realize that a sample size of 2 probably isn't large enough.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by ralexander View Post
    I totally agree just don't know if to bet heavy on Monday with Morton pitching?? What do you think?
    I don't mean blindly bet on each game for two weeks. You still have to cap the game, but more often than not if you think Pirates are gonna go on a run, there will be value in the lines. I like to find teams before they hit their stride... and I like to bet both their MLs and RLs when they are -1.5... I rarely bet the +1.5 side of run lines, but if you like them then go for it.

In Washington case (and you can search my posts for confirmation on both these examples), they were struggling bad (they were 8-13), especially at the plate. Atlanta had put up a big run total in game one of that series and won. They got out to a quick 10-2 lead in game 2 of the series, and Washington ended up winning 13-12 in dramatic fashion.... Having played 25 years of competative baseball I really understand the mental part of the game and how it is a game of streaks. Emotional wins like that really gets the entire team in a different frame of mind. I posted right after the game that it was time to start riding the Nats because they were about to go on a run. Since then they are 19-5, with 13 of those wins being by 2+ runs.

I also said the same thing about the White Sox... they were down 7-2 against Milwaukee, and tied the game with 5 runs in the 6th and 7th innings. Their offense had already begun to pick up, and even though Chicago lost that game 10-7 in the 9th, I knew their offense had finally woke up. They were gonna score some runs now after an abismal offense start to the season. They quickly won 6 straight (mostly all as a dog) and scored at least 4 runs in all but one of those games. I think 3 of those wins were by 2+, the one game they were favored being one.

The Pirates just swept the Mets, they roughed up Harvey, and MuCutchen is on fire after a slow start. Prime time to start bettign this team. I like them a lot at -130 against Marlins tomorrow. Morton making his first start isn't much of a factor to me. The fact that a team about to make a run, playing at home, vrs probably the worst team in the majors right now. -130 is a good enough price for me. Id bet the ML and the RL (+165).

While I like the line in game one of this series, I am salivating for the upcoming San Diego series. Pirates will travel, but play early on Wednesday and late of Thursday (Burnett vrs Kennedy). Probably get a positive number here, but Im not rushing to bet on it, we will see about game 1. Game 2 is the target game to pound here. Its Liriano vrs Shields... gonna be getting a nice positive number on the ML in this one. then game 3 will be Morton vrs Tyson Ross. We can see how Morton looks tomorrow (hopefully he doesnt look too good so we get a better price), but this looks like another good spot to get a nice positive number.

jjgold

Pirates of killed me lately trying to fade him but now I have to be careful and it seems like they're becoming a threat again

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    0-2, thanks for trolling me... i thought a seasoned professional like yourself would realize that a sample size of 2 probably isn't large enough.
    That was a one time only post.
    You were way out of control last night with the Cavs bravado, I just wanted to point that out.
    We're good.

Drop it.

And yeah, I have a litte Pirate future money myself, and yeah, Bucs might be primed for a little streak, I picked up on that as well.

Make some money today fella.

STAX

-130 is a good enough price for me. Id bet the ML and the RL (+165).
    Great start here... +2.65 units

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

I bet the Marlins which is why the pirates won

jjgold

Stax nice work

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

This team is playing some great baseball right now. Tail this team for the next few weeks and youll make some money.

Im two for two in calling out teams about to go on good runs this year. I said the Nationals would go on a run the night they came back from a 10-2 hole and beat the Braves 13-12.I said it was time to start backing them: their record since: 19-5... I also said 2 weeks ago to start betting on the White Sox and they immediately won 8 of 10. Now its the Priates, tail them for 10 games and re-evaluate.

good luck
    $17.74 $58.38 Win 3 Team Parlay
    Win 5/25/15 7:05pm MLB Baseball 962 Pittsburgh Pirates -137* <small>vs</small> Miami Marlins (D Phelps - R must Start C Morton - R must Start)
    Win 5/25/15 8:10pm MLB Baseball 964 Los Angeles Dodgers -190* <small>vs</small> Atlanta Braves (W Perez - R must Start B Anderson - L must Start)
    Win 5/25/15 7:05pm MLB Baseball 976 Toronto Blue Jays -160* <small>vs</small> Chicago White Sox (H Noesi - R must Start D Hutchison - R must Start)

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    $17.74 $58.38 Win 3 Team Parlay
    Win 5/25/15 7:05pm MLB Baseball 962 Pittsburgh Pirates -137* <small>vs</small> Miami Marlins (D Phelps - R must Start C Morton - R must Start)
    Win 5/25/15 8:10pm MLB Baseball 964 Los Angeles Dodgers -190* <small>vs</small> Atlanta Braves (W Perez - R must Start B Anderson - L must Start)
    Win 5/25/15 7:05pm MLB Baseball 976 Toronto Blue Jays -160* <small>vs</small> Chicago White Sox (H Noesi - R must Start D Hutchison - R must Start)
    Nice, I liked Toronto too. Shouldda took all the RLs

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Nice, I liked Toronto too. Shouldda took all the RLs
    lol yeah and should have put more than $17.74 on it.

i am toying with some different things...

i feel like if i bet small then i don't have as much stress associated with it and also i won't over think it.

was thinking about doing the same 3 teams tomorrow Jays, Pirates, and Dodgers in a parlay but I don't know if I can trust Locke and or Dickey but I do like how the Pirates bats have woken up and I like the fact that Jays will be facing a lefty which they should hammer the same way they did CJ Wilson last week.

STAX

lol yeah and should have put more than $17.74 on it.

i am toying with some different things...

i feel like if i bet small then i don't have as much stress associated with it and also i won't over think it.

was thinking about doing the same 3 teams tomorrow Jays, Pirates, and Dodgers in a parlay but I don't know if I can trust Locke and or Dickey but I do like how the Pirates bats have woken up and I like the fact that Jays will be facing a lefty which they should hammer the same way they did CJ Wilson last week.
    I dont trust Dickey at all. I like Pirates just because Marlins are pathetic and in dissarrray. The pitching doesnt even mean much... Marlins probably aint gonna score over 3 runs no matter who is on the mound and Ill take a hot team to score 4+ unless an ace is going. Urena is hardly that.

Im going Pirate ML (-142) and RL (+150) again tomorrow...

STAX

Bear i wouldnt bet on LAD tomorrow... -245 is too much juice for Kershaw... and teheren is capable of throwing a gem...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

who else do u like tomorrow?

i would normally lean Salazar but the Rangers are hot...

what about Bumgarner against Garza on the road?

jjgold

To Rangers are really score runs I like their team now although they're pitching is horrible

STAX

who else do u like tomorrow?

i would normally lean Salazar but the Rangers are hot...

what about Bumgarner against Garza on the road?
    I like the Tribe here. Indians are really hot right now. They lost today but they had a call up guy pitching and got outscored.

Not a lot sticks out on the card really. If you wanna play a 3 teamer, my 3 favorite lines are Tigers, Indians, and Pirates. Tigers -116 with Price going, cant beat that. Oakland cant beat lefties for shit either. Like Tampa Bay at -108 as well. Alex Colome has good stuff and has pitched well so far. Happ is going for Seattle and has overacheived IMO.

STAX

Nice 4 teamer here with a big payout:

Tampa -108
    Detroit -116
    Indians -1.5 +135
    Pirates -1.5 +150

pays 20 to 1

I rather play the run lines if I had to choose on Pitt and CLE... I dont like playing -150 games when you arent too sure what you're getting with the starter (Salazar and Locke). Both Pitt and Cle offenses are hot, so if they do get quality outings, I think the chances of them winning by 2 are worth the risk.

Playing just MLs on these 4 games pays 9 to 1
    Last edited by STAX; 05-25-15 at 11:47 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Tampa -108
    Detroit -116
    Indians -1.5 +135
    Pirates -1.5 +150

pays 20 to 1

I rather play the run lines if I had to choose on Pitt and CLE... I dont like playing -150 games when you arent too sure what you're getting with the starter (Salazar and Locke). Both Pitt and Cle offenses are hot, so if they do get quality outings, I think the chances of them winning by 2 are worth the risk.

is Tampa hitting lefties well this year?

STAX

is Tampa hitting lefties well this year?
    they are 5-7 vrs lefties, not sure of averages. I just looked at Toronto and they are 6-4 vrs lefties this year. White Sox have fewest walk in the majors at 2.5 a game, that should bode well for a knuckleballer like Dickey. Actually love Blue Jays now after researching...

STAX

Im going Pirate ML (-142) and RL (+150) again tomorrow...
    Another double win here.... team starting to pitch well to match the hot bats.

4-0 +5.15 units

Line not out yet for tomorrow, Marlins dont know who they are starting. Geritt Cole going to Miami... whatever the line is, its a must play on the ML and RL.

not too late to jump on this train... Gonna be pounding them through the San Diego series at minmum

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

It's going to be interesting if McCutchen ever heats up.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Tampa -108
    Detroit -116
    Indians -1.5 +135
    Pirates -1.5 +150

pays 20 to 1

those damn Indians

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Another double win here.... team starting to pitch well to match the hot bats.

4-0 +5.15 units

Line not out yet for tomorrow, Marlins dont know who they are starting. Geritt Cole going to Miami... whatever the line is, its a must play on the ML and RL.

not too late to jump on this train... Gonna be pounding them through the San Diego series at minmum
    Cole is going to be -300 i bet

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    It's going to be interesting if McCutchen ever heats up.
    He's been on fire lately, last 18 games: .361 avg 5 HRs 12 R 14 RBI .705 SLG... team is 11-7 in this time.

STAX

Cole is going to be -300 i bet
    yeah it might be pretty high... i wont bet the ML if its juicy like that, just be betting on the RL... we will see

STAX

Another unit on the ML (-199) and the RL (+110)... going for the sweep today

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Go Bucs go!

12 Last