Will be a shootout
    no defense

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

1H Game 1:

Terry in 15 mins: -12 +/-
    Prigioni in 9 mins: +9 +/-

as suspected, McHale is braindead and just can't figure out that he needs to make this basic adjustment.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    1H Game 1:

as suspected, McHale is braindead and just can't figure out that he needs to make this basic adjustment.
    Absolutely right. That old bag looks good on the court.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This is a strange game

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    1H Game 1:

lol man +/- means nothing cmon now. I dont think it matters if either plays honestly, both teams want to run, State better on D when they buckle down, to me Rockets should play inside/out, Howard will draw doubles, leaving guys who can take open jumpers or drive or pass on the closeout.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

+/- certainly means something and is a key number for an analytics team like the Rockets, so i'm not sure why you would say that.

Prigioni lead the team with a +10 in only 15 mins of play, while Terry sank the team with a -8 in 27 mins of play. that's an 18 point swing between 2 players in a game decided by 4 points. if you don't think that played a big factor in the outcome, i don't know how else to explain it.

want more proof? they both made the same number of shots, but Terry missed 7 more times. while Prigioni only missed once, had more assists, and 0 turnovers.. all the while playing 12 less mins.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with you big time exisential. Terry could still be useful as a spark off the bench too. If Terry isnt hitting 3's, he's basically useless at this point in his career. Its not really his fault, he's old and way past his prime, McHale needs to be the one to see it. Prig does a lot getting the offense started in the half court game, and he actually plays a little defense (not a lot). Terry has always been a poor defender, and if he's not hitting 3's, he doesn't do much on offense except for keeping his guy out of the paint.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: existential

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Lol explain how +/- means anything in a team sport like basketball, it most certainly doesn't. Harden had a +/- of -3, Thompson -2 should they be subbed for backups? No. Bogut +/- was only -3 and he didn't do much, just happened to be on the court while Houston outscored GS by 3 pts. Obviously Prig happened to be on the floor at some good times for Houston in the midst of runs. It's a stupid stat I'm sure someone who never played the game came up with it, the only way +/- would mean something is if you were playing 1 on 1, I could play 15 minutes score 15 pts, lock my man down so that he scores none, but if the other 4 players on his team score 20 over the time frame I'm in the game then my +/- is a -5. That is why +/- means absolutely nothing, if that's hard to understand then I don't know what to tell you.

First 12