fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

2 American sports "products" have ZERO value as spectacle

i like money, that's why i gamble and do so carefully, but i also like to watch the sports i have bets on from time to time...of all team sports i find two generally annoying to watch, the two most popular of American team sports...basketball and football...so annoying because they have sacrificed flow in order to indulge increasingly-ridiculous levels of bureaucratic obsessiveness ...these two sports are now far more about generating controversy as a marketing tactic (under the guise of compulsively trying to "get it right") than generating any type of competitive action...

almost all the other team sports I can think of are still quite entertaining, still are driven by action (and not micro-managing the officiating of said action the way basketball and football have annoyingly become)...

i am legitimately interested if you guyz would still watch basketball if no $ were involved...for most sports i would watch even without a bet...and with a bet, even moreso...but with basketball, i'll bet on it if following a solid capper as a project...but wild horses won't make me watch it..."squeak squeak...time out...squeak squeak...foul shot...squeak squeak...video review..." and there went 9 minutes of real-life eaten up by 35 seconds on the game-clock...

as for football...the most important stat in that game is now the "number of bad calls/non-calls (esp. PI-related) in your favor that you manage to milk from the officials in an afternoon"...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-14-15 at 01:41 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

drinking and gambling makes sports watchable for me.

if it wasnt for those 2 things i would probably rather watch a funny movie.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

It really is crazy to think i never watched tennis until i had $$ on it.
    For me i dont need to bet on football to watch it but i cant say the same thing about any other sport.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tennis is your best product to watch as you get the most bang for your buck in effort
    Points Awarded:

snapperman2 gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.