STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

College Football National Championship (1 of these 6 wins it)

Ohio State (+415): 5 units
    USC (+1500): 2 units
    LSU (+3000): 1 unit
    Notre Dame (+3600): 1 unit
    Texas (+6300): 1 unit
    Louisville (+16000): .5 units

remember this thread when all 4 playoff teams are listed above

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Four of those teams will barely win 8 games
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikewlgm

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Four of those teams will barely win 8 games
    Dont care how many games they win, one of them will win the naational title and that one will get me paid

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

A little early for this....only Ohio state in your group is realistic. Louisville lol come on now. You're talking about sports being rigged all the time and you think college football champs could be Louisville? Haha.

Also USC plays notre dame most likely this will cancel one of them out.

Texas is at least another year maybe 2 out before Charlie gets all the guys he truly wants.

Lsu is probably 4th best team in sec if that

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

My money's on TCU

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    My money's on TCU
    not a bad bet, but i cant see a team from big 12 winning it, unless its a big name school.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    A little early for this....only Ohio state in your group is realistic. Louisville lol come on now. You're talking about sports being rigged all the time and you think college football champs could be Louisville? Haha.

Also USC plays notre dame most likely this will cancel one of them out.

Texas is at least another year maybe 2 out before Charlie gets all the guys he truly wants.

Lsu is probably 4th best team in sec if that
    dont think sports are rigged at all.... only NBA.

Louisville has one of the best coaches in the land (I think Petrino's a D-bag but he can coach college football), 160 to 1 is huge odds for a team with a great coach, with a bigtime offense, and that resides in a shitty conference. I actually think Clemson should be the fav over Florida St. Florida St is following the path Ohio State did under Tressell. Winston won a title, but he started a tradition in which the players think they are bigger than the program. Fisher let him get away with it, and FSU will take a step back because of it. Obviously Louisville is a longshot but people dont realize they were a few plays away from winning the ACC last year. I dont think a team from the ACC will win it, but if Im picking an ACC team to win it, Im going with the big payout.

I like LSU because I don't like Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, or either Mississippi teams. LSU could win the SEC or they could go 8-5... but I really dont think Alabama or Auburn wins it this year. Georgia cant get over the hump, and Florida will be better but not good enough... so my (sleeper) pick out of the SEC is LSU. I actually like Arkansas too out of the SEC, which will be down this year compared to the last decade. Second straight year without a National title in the SEC, and we saw the SEC have a mediocre bowl season last year. Not one conference stays on top forever, its just the ebbs and flows...

Texas is a big name school and a lot of the time Big Name schools reach the pinnacle a year or two ahead of time after making a coaching change (Alabama, Ohio St, Florida all won titles before anyone thought they would). I think Charlie Strong will be an elite coach very soon. I actually love Texas at 63 to 1 in a conference that plays no defense. This is my favorite play on the board. They lose to @TCU and win @ Baylor in the season finale.

I love USC this year too. Oregon lost a lot, including Mariotta, and you dont just pick up where you left off after losing the best QB in school history. I like the transfer kid from E Washington, but Im not sure he can lead the Ducks all the way again. Thats asking a lot of a kid to fill the shoes of mariotta adn get them back to the title game. I love Kessler to win the Heisman... and USC has another one of those young coaches trying to put a big name program back to the top. USC has a lot to prove... they should put up 50 pts a game easy this year. @ Notre Dame and @ Oregon... they gotta win one of the two, preferably @ Oregon.

As for Notre Dame, I think they lose the opener to Texas... but they'll win @ Clemson in a must-win game... then its USC at home in the game of their season. I think if they beat USC at home, even though I love USC, they'll make the playoff. One reason I like Notre Dame is because they will get the votes over just about anyone if they end the year with one loss, whether they deserve it or not.

Basically all I wrote above does not matter because Ohio State is going to win the title again this year. Best coach in the country with the best talent in the country, plus a cake schedule. Theres a reason the Bucks are -140 to make the playoffs... because they are a lock to get there, and once there, no one is a better coach when it comes to these games. Urban Meyer...

Heres the top 15 in odds:

Ohio State <input id="editx" name="C_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +410
    Alabama <input id="editx" name="C_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +800
    TCU <input id="editx" name="C_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +850
    USC <input id="editx" name="C_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +1500
    Auburn <input id="editx" name="C_4" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +1800
    Oregon <input id="editx" name="C_5" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +1800
    Baylor <input id="editx" name="C_6" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +2200
    Florida State <input id="editx" name="C_7" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +2500
    Michigan State <input id="editx" name="C_8" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +2500
    Clemson <input id="editx" name="C_9" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +3000
    LSU <input id="editx" name="C_10" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +3000
    Oklahoma <input id="editx" name="C_11" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +3300
    Georgia <input id="editx" name="C_12" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +3400
    UCLA <input id="editx" name="C_13" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +3500
    Notre Dame <input id="editx" name="C_14" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +3600

STAX

TCU is the team that worries me the most on that list. I feel very confident that neither Alabama or Auburn wins it all this year. And if you gave me those two teams or the field to win the SEC, Im taking the field and LOVING it.

If I had to narrow it down to 3 teams... Id be going with Ohio State, USC, and Texas. I love those 3 teams for 2015

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    TCU is the team that worries me the most on that list. I feel very confident that neither Alabama or Auburn wins it all this year. And if you gave me those two teams or the field to win the SEC, Im taking the field and LOVING it.

If I had to narrow it down to 3 teams... Id be going with Ohio State, USC, and Texas. I love those 3 teams for 2015
    USC is wayyyyyyyy overrated. I wouldn't put any trust in 7 win Sark. Their schedule doesn't do them any favors in terms of SOS. Ark St and Idaho? ND should be down this year as well.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Texas is horrible.

Tcu

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

where do u see the buckeyes +410

is that available in Vegas anywhere?

i saw Buckeyes +325 at Westgate

honestly its going to pretty damn difficult for Ohio State not to win it

i just hope braxton miller stays on the bench where he belongs

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Add MSU to that list

Subtract Louisville - they don't play real comp

Texas?! Not even second best in that state

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How does Ohio St lose????

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How does Ohio St lose????
    they wont with that schedule

frogsrangers
    Zackary &gt; Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Louisville will suck this year

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    where do u see the buckeyes +410

is that available in Vegas anywhere?

i saw Buckeyes +325 at Westgate

honestly its going to pretty damn difficult for Ohio State not to win it

i just hope braxton miller stays on the bench where he belongs
    bucks +410 on 4dimes

you guys will see with Texas, they will be better than anyone thoughth

frogsrangers
    Zackary &gt; Angelito

bucks +410 on 4dimes

you guys will see with Texas, they will be better than anyone thoughth
    Who will play QB for Texas? Their offense was so bad last year, it was a joke.

Defensively they should be good again but without a QB and an offense they won't be able to win 11 games to have a chance to make the playoff.

@Notre Dame
    vs. Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State
    @TCU
    @Baylor

Sorry I just don't see them winning 4 of the 5 games above.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Buckeyes may have the easiest schedule of any returning champion in history. Baylor & TCU don't play anyone with a pulse until November. Unless FSU slips at Georgia Tech or Clemson, they'll be back in it too.

Pac-12 will beat each other.

Then the SEC Champion will get in.

Committee showed last year that if you play a shit schedule, they'll dock you...so it'll be interesting to see if the Big 12 champion(s) makes it again.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Ohio State (+415): 5 units
    USC (+1500): 2 units
    LSU (+3000): 1 unit
    Notre Dame (+3600): 1 unit
    Texas (+6300): 1 unit
    Louisville (+16000): .5 units

remember this thread when all 4 playoff teams are listed above
    So you are going to take 5 teams with ZERO chance of winning and one that does. That is about as stupid as it gets. If Ohio State wins, you still lose. No wonder you rarely win a wager. You really are one of the worst in here.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Buckeyes may have the easiest schedule of any returning champion in history. Baylor & TCU don't play anyone with a pulse until November. Unless FSU slips at Georgia Tech or Clemson, they'll be back in it too.

Committee showed last year that if you play a shit schedule, they'll dock you...so it'll be interesting to see if the Big 12 champion(s) makes it again.
    exactly.

ohio state is a cake walk to get to the final 4.

my only worry is that the loss of Devin Smith will be too much to overcome?

Who is going to be the go to reciever for Ohio State?

Please tell me its not some wes welker look alike white boy!!!!!

and i wonder if Braxton Miller and JT Barett will disrupt team chemistry by whining and complaining that they are not getting any / enough playing time.

This is CARDALES TEAM

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    So you are going to take 5 teams with ZERO chance of winning and one that does. That is about as stupid as it gets. If Ohio State wins, you still lose. No wonder you rarely win a wager. You really are one of the worst in here.
    you know there is a nicer way that you could have still delivered the same message????

and Stax actually does win quite often.

I do agree with your point that its better to narrow your funds down to just a couple teams especially if they dont pay out much like in ohio states case.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

^^ ummm they ain't gettin past the SPARTANS

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    ^^ ummm they ain't gettin past the SPARTANS
    LOL we got something special in mind for the Spartans.

I dont know if you have noticed but Urban Meyer don't give a damn about sportsmanship.

He loves to run the score up. And Ohio State will beat MSU by 30+ this year.

a str8 up Curb stompin

frogsrangers
    Zackary &gt; Angelito

I think there is a good chance we see a conference get 2 teams in this year.

I think the ACC will be weak enough to where they won't get a team in this year... their champ will have 2+ losses

I could see the same with the Pac-12. Not buying the USC hype, would not surprise me to see a 2+ loss Pac-12 champ

Ohio State isn't going to lose in the regular season, schedule is a joke and the Big 10 West is bad so whoever they play in the Big 10 title game will suck

The winner of the TCU-Baylor game will get in, just because I don't see the winner of that game having more than one loss.

SEC is somewhat wide open but their champ should get in, perhaps even with 2 losses, unless the SEC sucks in non-conference play.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

LOL we got something special in mind for the Spartans.

I dont know if you have noticed but Urban Meyer don't give a damn about sportsmanship.

He loves to run the score up. And Ohio State will beat MSU by 30+ this year.

a str8 up Curb stompin
    I'll take MSU +29.5 for 2,000 betpoints

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

LOL

Bruh dont even watch football this year man just go ahead and get ready for basketball.

Ohio State pisses on the rest of the Big 10.

The Dynasty will be around for quite some time.

A repeat is a lock.

We are thinking 3-peat already.

We got a QB in JT Barrett ready to ride the pine all year and then come in and take the keys to the offense for the 3-peat.

Until Urban Meyer retires Ohio State owns college football.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Just kiddin

kinda

you will have to understand that i absolutely hate Michigan State and Wisconsin with a passion being a Buckeye fan.

Thats kind of a compliment b/c i respect both Wisconsin and Michigan State....

ya know whats funny is I dont even hate Michigan at all.

I honestly feel sorry for them. I actually wish Michigan was a better football program b/c its boring when the Buckeyes beat their Ass every year to the point that I dont even get excited about the Michgian vs Ohio State game , by the time that game comes around my mind is focused on the Big 10 Championship game.

Vegas39

Agree and think for big 12 needs an undefeated team to get in there again this year. Since no title game for conference

frogsrangers
    Zackary &gt; Angelito

I don't see Ohio State repeating this year

They will lose in the playoffs

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Have you ever once posted something on here that merits any discussion? Just a bunch of "you never win" bullshiit. A little simple math tells me that if Ohio State does win the title, STAX is up 15 units. You might have known that if you weren't a fukkin idiot.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Have you ever once posted something on here that merits any discussion? Just a bunch of "you never win" bullshiit. A little simple math tells me that if Ohio State does win the title, STAX is up 15 units. You might have known that if you weren't a fukkin idiot.
    \
    Thats all he does and now expect him to PM you and threaten to kick your ass

STAX

10.5 units risked... if Buckeyes win it I get back 25.75 units.... 27.75 - 10.5 = +17.25 units... good call genius

BigDaddyQH, proving time and time again why he's secure on the mount rushmore of SBR idiots. It's OK, no one expects anything less from ya.

STAX

exactly.

ohio state is a cake walk to get to the final 4.

my only worry is that the loss of Devin Smith will be too much to overcome?

Who is going to be the go to reciever for Ohio State?

Please tell me its not some wes welker look alike white boy!!!!!

and i wonder if Braxton Miller and JT Barett will disrupt team chemistry by whining and complaining that they are not getting any / enough playing time.

This is CARDALES TEAM
    Dude, Ohio State is LOADED at RB and WR... Jalin Marshall is a Devin Smith clone, but he does more than catch bombs. Dontrelle Wilson is back too, he barely played the last half of the year bc of injury. Ohio State is absolutely loaded at the skill positions (literally have 4 #1 RBs, and 6 WRs who will play in the NFL on the roster), and they have almost the entire O-line back. And I promise you Barrett and Jones with both play QB. Meyer did the same with Leak and Tebow and they won it all that year. There's absolutely no reason what so ever to be worried about Ohio State in any way shape or form. This is the new Alabama... we are here to stay. I dont see any possibility Buckeyes dont make the playoffs at least 5 out of the next 7 years, and probably win 2 or 3 titles. Things are that good in Columbus

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Who will play QB for Texas? Their offense was so bad last year, it was a joke.

Defensively they should be good again but without a QB and an offense they won't be able to win 11 games to have a chance to make the playoff.

@Notre Dame
    vs. Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State
    @TCU
    @Baylor

Sorry I just don't see them winning 4 of the 5 games above.
    Valid points about Texas, and I understand people don't give them a big chance. 63 to 1 odds is a BIG longshot!! I like the long odds on big name programs that have a new coach trying to turn it around. I believe in Strong bigtime, and sooner rather than later, Texas wil be back on top as an elite program in the country. I like to take chances on these teams, especially when they play in weak conferences. The Big 12 is a great offensive conference, but a hard-nosed defensive approach can really break a team through to the top. Texas will be in the playoffs in 2015, 2016, or 2017... however, they wont be 63 to 1 or even close next year or the year after. I like the big payout for a unit...

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Ohio state easily repeats +415 is a bargain

12 Last